Goodbye Jesus

Nuclear Holocaust On June 12, 2007?

Ex-COG

According to "The House of Yahweh Newsletter" that was stuck in my front door yesterday, there was a "Nuclear baby" conceived last Sept. 12, delivery due this June 12. It will fullfill the prophecies of Revelation, and kill one-third of humanity over a fourth part of the earth around the Euphrates. This will be followed by a four month period of more wars and earthquakes, ending with a world-wide nuclear war that will darken the sun. We are in the last stages of the seven-year period that began in 1993 with the peace plan signed by Yitzhak Rabin. It was brought to a halt when Rabin was assassinated, but the seven-year clock began ticking again on April 13, 2004. The four beasts of Revelation 6 are the governing bodies of today's leading nations, which are guided by the Catholic church. The four messangers of Revelation 7 are those selected by the people of the beast governments. Governments of the people and by the people are identified as beasts or beastly systems. With the end of the last three and one-half time period on Oct. 13, 2007, governments of and by the people will end by nuclear burning. Man's governments will destroy themselves with the works of their own hands. There will be one more month, in which there will be the worst pain experienced by humanity, brought about by itself: the suffering of those who have the Mark Of The Beast. :twitch: Did you get all of that? Make any sense? :Hmm:

Yisrayl Hawkins is some weird preacher from Abilene, TX. who has a program on the local cable community access channel. That someone is passing his newsletters out must mean he has followers in this area. :ugh: More religious loonies to deal with. I'll bet even the local Baptist fundies would find Yisrayl's teachings on the batty side. http://yisraylhawkins.com/ http://propheticword.com/

:eek:

The really scary thing is that there are people who would like something like that to actually happen, and some of them are in the highest echelons of power around the world.

You actually read that tripe? House of Yahweh? I actually used to be a nominal member of that cult. Their leaders believe shit far weirder than that, so don't even worry about it.

The really scary thing is that there are people who would like something like that to actually happen, and some of them are in the highest echelons of power around the world.

...like the White House, for example.

I'll not wait up for it... although as my mother is wont to point out it's the end of the world for someone that day.

ExCog, those stories are identical to what I grew up with in the 1960s. Only the dates are different. They've been predicting The End for a couple thousand years now and it hasn't happened yet. Oh sure, there's that verse in Peter or somewhere that God does not measure/reckon time as we do. But so what? Like Harley says, it will be the end for someone. And I think we can bet all our money on it, there will be terrible pain and suffering for someone for those months and years predicted. There is always someone suffering from severe and horrible illness or injury, in the odd case that all war ended. Thus, the "prophecies" are sure to come true for someone in some way or other.

...like the White House, for example.

Spot on!

Oh, when I first saw this I thought it might be that guy....what's his name......Prophet Yahweh? He lives out in, I think, Las Vegas and claims to have the power to summon UFOs at his will.

But this is another cult. How amusing. I don't hate these people, really, that would be like hating Will Ferrell for providing too many laughs.

It's like what they said on Family Guy: "I never knew my brother was insane!"

"We don't use the term 'insane'. We prefer 'mentally hilarious'."

Why is it so hard for the Christians to listen to their own founder?

Acts 1:7--"He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

Their ability to select the absurd and downright evil bullshit in their scripture without any reference to the half-decent bits never ceases to amaze me.

Chicken Little anyone? From now on, peterist Christians shall be dubbed "Chicken-Little-Christians" for everytime the sky is supposed to fall.

Bah. Anyone that follows South Park knows that Saddam Hussein is in Heaven and building WMDs in chemical labs disguised as chocolate factories. So our only hope is to bomb heaven. It's as clear as fried pancakes...

Han, you one baaad Unclefucker! ;)

Bah. Anyone that follows South Park knows that Saddam Hussein is in Heaven and building WMDs in chemical labs disguised as chocolate factories. So our only hope is to bomb heaven. It's as clear as fried pancakes...

Attack them there, before they attack us here.

Why is it so hard for the Christians to listen to their own founder?

Acts 1:7--"He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

This is the kind of message I was raised on. I was taught we shouldn't make a fuss like "the world" did, "the world" in this case being the churches you folk seem to be describing.

The only people I know who would love this are Christians and Enviromentalists. They would love to see huge numbers of people killed just for different reasons. Some people just don't need to be walking around pretending to be sane...... :Wendywhatever:

I can't think of any environmentalists that actually want people to die. How exactly would you square the deaths of billions with the desire to avoid unnecessary harm to sentient beings? :shrug:

The only people I know who would love this are Christians and Enviromentalists. They would love to see huge numbers of people killed just for different reasons. Some people just don't need to be walking around pretending to be sane...... :Wendywhatever:

I can't think of any environmentalists that actually want people to die. How exactly would you square the deaths of billions with the desire to avoid unnecessary harm to sentient beings? :shrug:

I've got the same question and would appreciate clarification.

The all sentient beings thing is Buddhist, not environmentalist. some environmentalists would be quite happy for the human race to be driven back to the stoneage, both technologically and in population density. A few well placed nukes would do that.

When one of the founders of Greenpeace resigns because of the Marxist and anarchist-nihilist politics entering and gaining control of the group.

BurnedOut, could you please provide a source regarding your claim about Environmentalists? I've never heard nor suspected anything like that from any environmentalist that I know or have heard of.

Joseph Stalin once said (probably in his native russian), "Man is the source of all problems. No man, no problem." I wonder how many world leaders actually think of this way. I think one of the risks of becoming a police officer is becoming frustrated with the limitations of one's power and getting a 'fuck everything and everyone' attitude. I suppose that attitude may in fact be exacerbated as one's power grows, and indeed there are a fair number of world leaders who are at the same time addicted to and resentful of their power, and have little or no regard for humanity.

Somehow I just have trouble putting environmentalists into the same picture. Moreover, 'envorinmentalist' is a very broad brush. They come in all stripes, from pagans praising Gaia to geneticists measuring gene frequencies to hairbag jam freaks to paleoclimatologists measuring carbonite concentrations in ocean floor sediment. Which ones are more likely to call for an end to the human race? From where in the spectrum is a Joseph Stalin most likely to arise?

BurnedOut, could you please provide a source regarding your claim about Environmentalists? I've never heard nor suspected anything like that from any environmentalist that I know or have heard of.

Try reading the website of this group...called Voluntary Human Extinction... http://www.vhemt.org/

From the website:

Voluntary human extinction is simply a concept to be added to existing belief systems, not a complex code of behavior to live by. No committee of Movement shakers decides what position everyone else should take.

I do not get in any way shape or form that these folks would be happy seeing the earth blown to bits, as a matter of fact, another statement from the website is:

Q: Do Volunteers expect to be successful?

VHEMT Volunteers are realistic. We know we'll never see the day there are no human beings on the planet. Ours is a long-range goal.

It has been suggested that there are only two chances of everyone volunteering to stop breeding: slim and none. The odds may be against preserving life on Earth, but the decision to stop reproducing is still the morally correct one. Indeed, the likelihood of our failure to avoid the massive die off which humanity is engineering is a very good reason to not sentence another of us to life. The future isn't what it used to be.

There is no way that I can lump these people in with Christians who would love to see the world end. Sounds to me like these people simply care about other humans to the point (though a bit extreme) of NOT wanting them to brought into this world filled with violence, starvation, rapes, murders, wars, sexual crime against children, homelessness, etc., etc.

Sounds to me like these people simply care about other humans to the point (though a bit extreme) of NOT wanting them to brought into this world filled with violence, starvation, rapes, murders, wars, sexual crime against children, homelessness, etc., etc.
I love my boys like crazy. Anyone who knows me, knows this.

However, if I had know then what I know now, I never would have had children.

It's why I'll never have kids: I don't want to burden them, I don't want to burden myself, and I don't want to burden the world.

Fwee, I'm with ya'. I love my kids, but I feel bad of putting them into a crazy world like this. But on the other hand I don't blame my parents for bringing me into this world, so I don't think my kids will either. The only thing we have left is hope.

Fwee and Hans...I totally agree with both of you and as everyone knows, I am absolutely in love with and treasure my children like you guys do. So, in saying that, I feel that it is my utmost responsibility as a parent to try and give them the most joyous and happiest childhood as possible, while instilling in both of them that having children is not a *must* for happiness.

The all sentient beings thing is Buddhist, not environmentalist. some environmentalists would be quite happy for the human race to be driven back to the stoneage, both technologically and in population density. A few well placed nukes would do that.

When one of the founders of Greenpeace resigns because of the Marxist and anarchist-nihilist politics entering and gaining control of the group.

There are, of course, extremists in every group. As far as I can see, for every 'meat is murder!' terrorist bombing vivisection labs and desecrating the graves of animal testers, there are many more rational human beings who sat down one day and said "Y'know what? Sure, human beings are superior to all other animals. Sure, our lives are worth more. But when I can lead a happy life without causing pain, suffering and death to innocent creatures, why shouldn't I?"

For every nihilist who thinks human life is an inherently evil cancer on the face of the earth, there are thousands of intelligent people that choose not to ignore the obvious and realise that if we want to carry on living on this rock, we're going to have to take care of it.