Goodbye Jesus

A General Apology To The Forum And Nivek Specifically

Guest dragon_heart

Guest dragon_heart

At this point, I'm going to drop the coy chicken-shit disguises, and let you know that I am Pegasus_Voyager. Let me say up front that there is no subterfuge or ulterior motive in this apology. I made some very hateful, mean-spirited remarks to Nivek which were fueled by extreme frustration over what I felt was a gross misunderstanding of my post "Is Atheistic Fundamentalism any worse than the Religious variety?". And I took my frustration out on him, which was ultimately immature. Also, his avatar depicting a female gun enthusiast, for some strange reason, set me off. I was a police officer in Texas, and gun enthusiasts have always been "natural poison" to cops. I can't begin to tell you how many cops are six feet underground because of the "right" to bear arms, and cop funerals are extremely depressing. But that is not an excuse for attacking the man, and I would like to apologize to you, Nivek.

I personally think that impetuous, defensive, strident, visceral, and rash remarks were made on both sides of this issue, and I can't plead innocent to that charge by a long shot. I failed to realize that when you post something controversial in the "board-game", you may know what's going on in your own head, but others may not have a clue. However, I wish to re-iterate that the post was not meant in any way as a broadbrush general slam at atheism. If I hated atheists, I sure as shootin' wouldn't be on these fundie sites slugging it out in the foxholes, and getting KJV Bibles slammed over my head while defending their position.

But regardless, if any of you took offense at the post, I apologize for the misunderstanding. And upon close examination, I realize that my "I'll take my bag of marbles and go home if you don't play nice" thread was a cravenly "I can't take the heat, so I'm getting out of the kitchen" knee jerk reaction, and I'd like to think I've got more grit than that. Anyway, hopefully, I'll see you all in a year when my exile expires. Take care, and "keep the faith!" (sorry, couldn't resist that)*S*

PV