My Company And My Former Bible College Butt Heads

Jessica Sideways

Stemming from a false claim by Alberta Bible College that someone from my company sent them a questionable e-mail, I have decided to print 750 pamphlets called "Bible Colleges: Christianity's biggest scam" and sent them to people who attended the bible college I went to, Rocky Mountain College and Abilene Christian University. Of course, I've printed on the back "Dedicated to all who speak out for those who have been silenced."

What do you think?

Living well is the best revenge...

Agreed.

I doubt the pamphlets will actually make anyone change their mind. Given Christianity's self-defense mechanism, the inversion of common sense, logic and normal human instinct, it might actually add fuel to their belief by making them feel they are being persecuted.

On the other hand, it's probably worth a shot as long as it's not going to be too huge an effort on your part. It might at least go some way to kickstarting some thought.

:)

I doubt the pamphlets will actually make anyone change their mind. Given Christianity's self-defense mechanism, the inversion of common sense, logic and normal human instinct, it might actually add fuel to their belief by making them feel they are being persecuted.

On the other hand, it's probably worth a shot as long as it's not going to be too huge an effort on your part. It might at least go some way to kickstarting some thought.

:)

Yeah - you're probably right. It's just like talking to a member of the Cult of Scientology, er, what I meant to say is Church of Scientology. Yes... that's what I meant.

I know people with friends and family members who go to Oral Roberts University. I've asked them if they get a real degree when they finish. I mean what does an employer think when they see you went to a university whose founder saw a 900 foot jesus?

I know people with friends and family members who go to Oral Roberts University. I've asked them if they get a real degree when they finish. I mean what does an employer think when they see you went to a university whose founder saw a 900 foot jesus?

That they went to a college founded by someone that was high?

But graduates of Oral Roberts (sounds like some of the girls I dated) hire Oral Roberts graduates...and those companies be come fundie strongholds.

But graduates of Oral Roberts (sounds like some of the girls I dated) hire Oral Roberts graduates...and those companies be come fundie strongholds.

Well, either that, or they work for the Bush administration. I wish I was kidding about that... :Doh:

Well, either that, or they work for the Bush administration. I wish I was kidding about that... :Doh:

It's probably not a joke, given how the Bush Administration and Christianity are in bed together.