Goodbye Jesus

How To Deal With Fundies At Work

Christine

Well, it wouldn't be worth it though.

You're right, the price to pay is too great. One of us will just have to sacrifice themselves.... any takers?

You're talking about drawing down on two AMERICAN fundies... are you insane. They're probably both armed.

You're talking about drawing down on two AMERICAN fundies... are you insane. They're probably both armed.

With bible grenades and crucifix lasers. Fear them.

Sidearms at least. Jesus loves Guns.

And for those who don't believe....

post-3092-1177410154_thumb.jpg

Ok, you read my mind...

Thanks again everyone, I know I mentioned two coworkers who are the proselytizers, but one in particular has gotten ridiculous. This week has gotten

so bad clients started to complain (thank goodness!) I was told by one of my bosses that I could write him a letter( I guess to have a complaint on record), so they could do something about it. Well, yesteday the hairdresser was at it again, preaching at the shampoo bowls, like I said not a day goes by, it's even to the point of every client he does, (we are a busy salon, I'm talking at least 10-12 people a day). I started composing the letter in my head, how my work invironment is becomming hostile, and I'm starting to feel threatened, when he is preaching he becomes so frenzied, almost manic. Well a client must have beaten me to it because the owner of the salon had a talk with him in his office. I just happened to be outside the door when I overheard the boss and a manager talk about the clients complaining about him. It was the end of the day, there was only couple of us left, we were finishing our last clients, when I overheard him again talking to his client about what had just transpired in the office. From what he said to his client, I'm not sure if my boss got through to him. I guess I'll see what happens this comming week.

Well that's good news that people started complaining! Perfect!!

Now we'll see if they listen......

I'm really suprised your boss hasn't put his foot down BEFORE it got to the point of clients complaining. That is such bad business!!!! :vent:

Tell then You already have a relationship with Amun Ra/Thor/Vishnu/Tarranis/Apollo/the FSM

Tell them You want to go to hell with Carmen Electra (or George Cloony if You're a Woman)

I think it's very bad business to discuss religion at work. They are probably driving away some of the clients without realizing it.

Perhaps you could have a heart to heart talk with your boss. He could let the stylists know that some complaints have been made and that he feels it's better they leave it out of the workplace since it is now affecting his pocket which will eventually trickle down to affect theirs too.

(he doesn't have to say WHO made the complaints...they can assume it's clients if they like.)

Have to agree, I would not go back to a hair salon if the person cutting my hair proselytized to me. In fact, I'd write a letter of complaint to them and tell them exactly why I would not go back.

No joke. See, even if I were still a christian, I would appreciate the prosletyzing even less. Why? Because when I was a christian, I couldn't help but notice the 'preaching to the chior" version of prosletyzing was th most prevalent kind! I always found it offensive. Like they weren't listening when I said I was a christian, and were going to keep on haraunging me..."just in case". Of course that's not a problem now....ironically, conversations about religion happen less and less as the christians around me realize I know their book better than they do!

But I digress...

There is another reason this kind of conversation is BAD in a hair salon. The person in the chair is held hostage where the conversation is concerned. They cannot dare disagree with the christ-nut standing behind them holding scissors to their hair. If I felt as though I was being held hostage for the time it takes for a trim, I would not go back. And for someone sitting there for a two hour color and trim? I'd seriously feel bad for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are looking up. My boss has made a new seating chart for the salon. Yeah it's like elementary school, sometimes you have to move the kids around. So they put the two proselytizers in the back corner of the salon :lmao:I'm calling it the room of delusion. :HaHa: Luckily they are driving a lot of other hairdressers crazy too. I guess I'm lucky there is a real mix of beliefs where I work Catholics, buddhists, new agers, casual christians, atheists and agnostics. I don't feel alone in my frustration.

"I'm calling it the room of delusion"

You could brick them up, Montressor... ;)