Goodbye Jesus

Getting Married To An Athiest

Jessica Sideways

I am going to be getting married to an Athiest soon. Well, within the next two years. Basically - me and my beautiful girlfriend Becca agreed that we would love to be with each other quite soon. And the thing is - I'm happy that I found her, after I found out that Christianity was a load of crap. Because before I found out the truth about Christianity - I might have tried to convert her - which would have made her very uncomfortable. And if that didn't happen - there would be a lot of stress.

So here's to us and our Christianity free lives. Things are getting better. :grin:

I know what you mean; if I or my wife were Xian when we got together, we might have tried to convert or otherwise influence each other towards the deathcult. One hell of a buzzkill, I can imagine :mellow:

And congrats on the impending wedding! :)

I know what you mean; if I or my wife were Xian when we got together, we might have tried to convert or otherwise influence each other towards the deathcult. One hell of a buzzkill, I can imagine :mellow:

And congrats on the impending wedding! :)

Yeah, let's just be thankful we weren't in a worse deathcult, like Scientology.

And thanks for the congrats, I am very happy about this.

Hey Kyle,

That really great! Contratulations on finding the love of your life. Thank god she's an athiest. (pun intended).

Taph

Kyle,

Congratulations! It's great when you find someone to share your life with. I know since I left christianity and realized this life is most likely all we get, you appreciate each day more with the ones you love. Best wishes!

Yeah. I'm just glad it was only a few years and not decades like some of the people here. I'm glad that I got the privelege to see it early on.

Woo-hoo! It makes me grateful for my boyfriend and I deconverting from the same sect of Christianity together, at the same time.

Congrats, and may your lives together be long and cult-free!

Woo-hoo! It makes me grateful for my boyfriend and I deconverting from the same sect of Christianity together, at the same time.

Congrats, and may your lives together be long and cult-free!

Yeah. I just wish I was going to Amsterdam.

I was lucky enough to find a nice nonChristian gal to marry. Of course, neither of us knew the beliefs of the other at the time. Although we lived together a year before we got married, we never talked about religion. When her family's preacher provided a wedding script to me for approval, I deleted all references to the supernatural and sent it back. And he delivered it that way! He was kind of a universalist free-thinking type. My wife and I never talked about religion until the first kid was on the way and we were trying to think ahead about family, friends, and indoctrination. We were delighted to find we agreed completely.

Good luck to you, and congratulations!

Ro, what a beautiful story.

Congrats to you Kyle.