Goodbye Jesus

My New Video On You Tube

Mikefight

I made a new video on you tube. Let me know what you think.

Part1

Part2

I liked it.

Interestingly, although the Abrahamic faiths (in particular christianity) fall flat on their faces in those terms; Hinduism and Buddhism can I think fulfill some of the middle ones, the circumstantial evidence. Buddhism promotes peace and although it's not really scripture based, buddhist writings do tend to spell out the same basic message and don't contradict each other as far as I know. Hinduism has many different forms but they can all live symbiotically as one whole - the different forms of Hinduism are certainly not schisms or disagreements.

Interestingly, although the Abrahamic faiths (in particular christianity) fall flat on their faces in those terms; Hinduism and Buddhism can I think fulfill some of the middle ones, the circumstantial evidence. Buddhism promotes peace and although it's not really scripture based, buddhist writings do tend to spell out the same basic message and don't contradict each other as far as I know. Hinduism has many different forms but they can all live symbiotically as one whole - the different forms of Hinduism are certainly not schisms or disagreements.

I don't really know enough about Hinduism, but I think quite a lot of Buddhism is really good, and quite different from other 'religions'...if you can even call Buddhism a religion.

In stark contrast with the Amrahamic faiths, Buddhism doesn't extol the 'virtue' of blind faith. Quite the contrary...the Buddha tells his follwers not to accept his teachings and practices, or those of anyone else, until they have tested them for themselves. He was also strongly against turning his philosophy into a personality cult. And I personally agree with his ideas about supernatural beings. Maybe gods exist, maybe they don't. But their existence or non-existence is not important to us in this life.

Also, I think Buddhist meditation practices look really beneficial, and a great many people (including the legend Sam Harris) have tried them and found them to be very helpful personally.

Sorry Mike....didn't mean to derail the thread.

Sorry Mike....didn't mean to derail the thread.

That's okay. What did you think of the video?