Goodbye Jesus

Well Duh! No Exceptions!

Naughtyhamster

Due to school shootings and 9/11 the district of the college I attend has a rule that if a student (or non student) wants to start a protest and/or solicit information on campus they must sign forms to get permission from the Dean of Safety. The forms explain your reason for your activity and tells you your rights and responsibilities to exercise your freedom of speech. This sounds quite strict to people, but after we had a bomb scare and some crazy student ( who claimed he was Bin Laden's love child) screeching pro Taliban songs in the quad ( as well as cussing female students out for wearing "slutty clothing") the district had to create some rules to insure students' safety.

Well several xtian groups and individuals have just walked onto several campuses in this district without the safety dean's consent. When the campus safety asks for thier permission paper they bitch about being persecuted! DUH! They didn't sign the forms! These people think that the rules don't include them and they can do whatever fucking they want! As some of the xtian groups off (and also on) campus are very extreme I've been concerned about what would happen if one day they think of doing something dangerous or just plain stupid. On another campus in the district there was an anti abortion group who complained about the rules and being "persecuted", and now they are trying to go to the Supreme Court to sue the district for violating thier freedom of speech rights. They had huge photos of aborted fetuses and the reason they were asked to leave was because they did not have permission from the safety dean, and there's a preschool on campus and school officials were concerned a child being picked up by a parent at the preschool might get a glimpse of the gory photos. If they had signed the forms and showed thier photos in a way that children couldn't see them ( like having the photos in a booklet given to adults not on huge posters) then they would have been allowed to stay.

These rules are to help students exercise thier freedom of speech, but we must think of safety as well. As with any college there are festivals where you can set up a booth and solicit materials ( I got several condoms from the health fair yesterday :wicked: ) so I don't see why these wierdos have to whine about the rules when the school district gives them many opportunities to express themselves.

They wont win their case, University property, University rules. Personally I'm horrified with some of those anti-women rights groups. They don't give a shit where they hold those photos. I remember passing a group of those nuts when my kid were small and was absolutely horrified with their gruesome dead baby bloodbath they were holding up as if it just had some generic words on it. They didn't seem at all bothered holding up the bloody pictures for all to see and didn't bat an eye to those of us appalled or with small kids walking past on a public street! I tried the best to shield my kids eyes from the horror to no avail.

What happened with that woman who wanted the courts to give her (and her fundy friends) the right to insult and harass gay folk...

RuthMalhotra.jpg

Ruth Malhotra - Christian and Bigot...

http://www.preemptivekarma.com/archives/20...stians_sue.html

They didn't seem at all bothered holding up the bloody pictures for all to see and didn't bat an eye to those of us appalled or with small kids walking past on a public street! I tried the best to shield my kids eyes from the horror to no avail.

The same thing happened when a friend and I took her kids to the beach. On the boardwalk there were antiabortion and animal rights groups, and my friend and I tried our best to keep her younger kids from seeing the huge gory photos of dead animals and babies. We finally had to take the kids back to the car as everywhere we went there was either a dead bloody baby or animal on a huge poster. :nono:

As usual, the Xian whine about "persecution" just keeps on droning in a world where they have every right to be what they are and say what they wish. Asking them to follow human laws and just touch base with the proper authorities in an area where they want to protest is, of course, too much to ask of them, because they are doing the Lard's Work™ and hence are above the law.

The Eater of Souls certainly carries more weight than some campus dean, no? :crazy:

They didn't seem at all bothered holding up the bloody pictures for all to see and didn't bat an eye to those of us appalled or with small kids walking past on a public street! I tried the best to shield my kids eyes from the horror to no avail.

<morontheist emulation>

"But don't you realize, there's nothing wrong with our signs! They show no sinful nudity whatsoever, so there!"

:crazy::banghead::vent:

Seriously, is this or is this the only thing a morontheist ever wonders about any pic being "appropriate" for any reason?

(And no, I didn't miss a negation up there. It's all on purpose :pureevil: )

I think the city should have rules about having these gorey pictures being carried around all over the place.

I went into a planned parenthood to get some birth control once and had papers thrown at me with little bloody fetuses on them.

And as for the anti-choice/animal-rights thing, was that in Venice Beach by any chance? Because I remember going down there once and being bombarded with similar images. All that just for a piercing. Yeesh.

As with any college there are festivals where you can set up a booth and solicit materials ( I got several condoms from the health fair yesterday :wicked: )

You don't even need to wait for a health fair to get free condoms at my school. :P CHWS (Center for Health and Wellness Services) has baskets and jars of free condoms in the waiting room and in their bathrooms, just TONS of them.

When I was in Dublin they had those... they really don't like you eating a burger and laughing and pointing at the pictures...

They REALLY hate it when you spot one of the wee ones is actually an aborted chimpanzee foetus and loudly pointing it out. Children are not that hairy and their teeth aren't that obvious.

And as for the anti-choice/animal-rights thing, was that in Venice Beach by any chance? Because I remember going down there once and being bombarded with similar images. All that just for a piercing. Yeesh.

Yep that's the place I remember where my friend and I were trying to keep her little ones' eyes from seeing all the carnage it was at Venice Beach here in California. Also I remember the two of us being very wary of a strange clown in filthy clothes and his bird who was getting a bit touchy feely with us and my friend's kids. :HaHa:

They REALLY hate it when you spot one of the wee ones is actually an aborted chimpanzee foetus and loudly pointing it out. Children are not that hairy and their teeth aren't that obvious.

Worse is when they show what is to be a fetus that is so deformed that it probably was already dead when the doctor took it from the mother's womb. For example some lady at a college health fair a few years back gave me a pro-life booklet, and in it were fetuses with extremely severe birth defects which if the fetus had been carried full term would have died in minutes after birth. I mean how could a fetus be alive in the womb when it doesn't even have a nose or mouth, or it's guts are hanging outside of it's body and there's an umbilical cord around it's neck so tight that the head is falling off?

You don't even need to wait for a health fair to get free condoms at my school. CHWS (Center for Health and Wellness Services) has baskets and jars of free condoms in the waiting room and in their bathrooms, just TONS of them.

Yes I can free get condoms from the health center, but you have to make an appointment with the doctor to get them and we have so many fucking crackpot New Age (or just plain ignorant) doctors and interns at my school I would rather get my condoms from Planned Parenthood when they pay a visit to my school. They also have a wider variety of contraceptives than the college health center does such as flavored, rainbow colors, glow in the dark, ribbed, and female condoms. Now I just need to find a guy and a sound relationship. :wicked:

Worse is when they show what is to be a fetus that is so deformed that it probably was already dead when the doctor took it from the mother's womb. For example some lady at a college health fair a few years back gave me a pro-life booklet, and in it were fetuses with extremely severe birth defects which if the fetus had been carried full term would have died in minutes after birth. I mean how could a fetus be alive in the womb when it doesn't even have a nose or mouth, or it's guts are hanging outside of it's body and there's an umbilical cord around it's neck so tight that the head is falling off?

It's the only pictures they have. After all, an normal foetus wouldn't be photographed since it's not pathologically interesting. most 'social' terminations are first trimester, and not recognisable to a large degree. Second trimester are almost all life threatening, or the child would have no perceptable quality of life. Here in the UK, the cut of is 24 weeks, unless there are serious complications. Even pro-choice groups are getting behind moving the cut off date to 20 weeks max for social terminations, since 24 weeks can be viable.

I remember one of those photos was of a fetus that was deformed from Saddam Hussein's uranium dumping. There was no way the fetus would have survived outside the womb from what I could see with it having no eyes or mouth and a nose that was so deformed that it was almost on top of it's head.

What happened to the "Dean of the Bill of Rights Enforcement"?

Wow, the Supreme Law of the Land in the uS trumped again by a Corporation....

Ya know folks, the Right of the GoryDedBabies and the WestboroKlans to protest and carry on like fools is a "Right"..

I don't have to like it, their protests, messages, and methods of delivery. The big However is that I don't have to have it in my face, and can do what it takes to avoid same.

Their right to "inform/preach/protest" ends at the end of my nose. Comes closer, and I retain the ability to remove the distraction by whatever means needed.

"Free Speech Zones, Permits and Permission"... what a Nation of Sissies we've become.

kFL

I agree they have the right Niv, but Jessuz... these people are the first types to suddenly 'become' offended and attempt to outlaw at the sight of a gay couple simply holding hands. They hold no qualms about forcing everyone to witness blood gore and mayhem, I've seen rated R movies with less blood. I think their photos are traumatizing to young kids (hell I found them traumatizing at my age) was my point and they could give two shits who's horrified and were matter of fact about it. I find them to be disturbing people personally. It's my personal opinion nothing more. I've never advocated them not having the right, however on private campuses they can make their own rules about what goes on.

I agree they have the right Niv, but Jessuz... these people are the first types to suddenly 'become' offended and attempt to outlaw at the sight of a gay couple simply holding hands. They hold no qualms about forcing everyone to witness blood gore and mayhem, I've seen rated R movies with less blood. I think their photos are traumatizing to young kids (hell I found them traumatizing at my age) was my point and they could give two shits who's horrified and were matter of fact about it. I find them to be disturbing people personally. It's my personal opinion nothing more. I've never advocated them not having the right, however on private campuses they can make their own rules about what goes on.

Oh they're more than disturbing. Can you imagine their home life with their kids?

I've alway thought that these pics were photoshopped. Was I wrong? I hope I'm not wrong...

Cos these nutsos are rabble rousers!

Most of those "aborted fetus" pictures are pictures of stillborns, miscarriages, or likely aborted fetuses that had some story or tragedy behind them that we don't see. Much of them are from third world countries. The little dime sized aborted fetii, where they put the peices back together to show off how human it looks ...well, what do you expect a fetus to look like? It's still not the equivelent of a baby. Those ugly pictures just insight shock reaction, stirring the emotions, and pro-liars never stop to think of WHY those pictures were taken or what the circumstances were to lead to those photographs.

I'm sorry, nature can be horrifyingly ugly. Surgery is never pretty or easy to go through. God does some of the most inconceivably horrible things to women and fetuses in the first place and yet people just ignore this fact and keep right on with their delusions of His mercy and love.

Maybe you could show up with photos of abortion-clinic bombing victims - just as gory - except on the bottom write "But They Actually Felt Their Pain".

Now I'm an animal right activist that's been describe as "extreme" and I don't carry the label with shame. But I don't hold up obscene pictures. First, if I can look at them myself like they're just tools for my cause, if I can live around them, then it really hurts my point to look so heartless. I mean, you gotta remember, these anti-abortion people make a business of looking around purposefully for the most gory fetus photos they can find. If you can do that it's not because you feel anything about the thing photographed; it's because you want the worst picture you can find for publicity purposes. Also, I think waving gory pictures around for the most part just alienates people, and makes you look like a freak. Nobody wants to support a cause that's so obsessed with blood and violence. If I think some bitch in a fur coat needs to learn some compassion and reality for what she's done in the name of vanity, I'll forward her to a website. But again if she doesn't want to play along, I can't make her with my shock treatment.

I guess ultimately, what I'm saying is, of course we animal rights activists need to get our message out, but if we do it using extreme methods we're only going to marginalize ourselves.

Most of those "aborted fetus" pictures are pictures of stillborns, miscarriages, or likely aborted fetuses that had some story or tragedy behind them that we don't see. Much of them are from third world countries. The little dime sized aborted fetii, where they put the peices back together to show off how human it looks ...well, what do you expect a fetus to look like? It's still not the equivelent of a baby. Those ugly pictures just insight shock reaction, stirring the emotions, and pro-liars never stop to think of WHY those pictures were taken or what the circumstances were to lead to those photographs.

I'm sorry, nature can be horrifyingly ugly. Surgery is never pretty or easy to go through. God does some of the most inconceivably horrible things to women and fetuses in the first place and yet people just ignore this fact and keep right on with their delusions of His mercy and love.

Of course they don't care about people's pain. They're doing the work of GOD!

I guess this gore and horror and out-rage at being held to the law is an outcome of having a god who is above the law. Any takers?

God does some of the most inconceivably horrible things to women and fetuses in the first place and yet people just ignore this fact and keep right on with their delusions of His mercy and love.

Has anyone seen that YouTube video of that deformed "alien" baby? That is so sad and I can't believe how the xtians on that site make excuses for the poor little child's condition.

Now I'm an animal right activist that's been describe as "extreme" and I don't carry the label with shame. But I don't hold up obscene pictures. First, if I can look at them myself like they're just tools for my cause, if I can live around them, then it really hurts my point to look so heartless. I mean, you gotta remember, these anti-abortion people make a business of looking around purposefully for the most gory fetus photos they can find. If you can do that it's not because you feel anything about the thing photographed; it's because you want the worst picture you can find for publicity purposes. Also, I think waving gory pictures around for the most part just alienates people, and makes you look like a freak. Nobody wants to support a cause that's so obsessed with blood and violence. If I think some bitch in a fur coat needs to learn some compassion and reality for what she's done in the name of vanity, I'll forward her to a website. But again if she doesn't want to play along, I can't make her with my shock treatment.

There's a difference between when a group wants to show violent and bloody photos where young children can see them, and a group who understands that there are parents who want to shelter thier young children from such things. If an organization wants to express thier beliefs to adults it should be done in a way that only adults can view the materials if there is gore and violence. There's some groups that forget though they are on a college campus there might be young kids, especially if there is an on campus preschool. At the community college I go to we have a on campus preschool as well as we invite preschool through 12th grade students on campus for arts and other special programs. Imagine if we had our annual kindengarten arts program, and some asshole pro-lie group decides that the dean's rules don't apply to them so sets up thier bloody fetus posters where the kindengarten kids can see them.

Anyway I get a good laugh when xtians say they shelter thier kids from certain things such as Harry Potter or sex ed at school, but at the same time they will let thier kids read the bible and see aborted fetuses.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tyranthraxus

I'm much more disgusted by the idea of ANYONE having to acquire a "permit" for free speech.

I'm much more disgusted by the idea of ANYONE having to acquire a "permit" for free speech.

Well we can blame 9/11 on that and the wierdos who came out of the shadows because of this. The schools are only trying to be sure we don't get any weirdos who will protest in a violent way. Today in history class the professor said that when he was teaching in late 60's and early 70's he saw plenty of women burning thier bras for the feminist movement and streakers protesting the Vietnam War on the college campus. At least streaking and burning bras are not going to cause any harm and are peaceful though unusual ways of protesting. These days with so many fundies of the xtian and Muslim kind doing violent things in other countries here in the U.S. we must be careful not to let them take over the halls of learning with thier extremism and violence.

Guest Tyranthraxus

The fact that free speech CAN turn violent is no excuse to stop it before it does.

The fact that free speech CAN turn violent is no excuse to stop it before it does.

The fact that it's on a privately-owned campus negates your "righteous fury". Their turf, their rules. If you don't like it, you don't have to patronize them.

If I don't want some retard standing in my yard with an obscene sign, shouting obscene things at passers-by, I have every right to tell them to leave, and they can't sue me.

I also have the right to tell people that, i they want to protest on my property, they need to get permission from me, first. The last thing I (or the college, in this case) wants is for some stupid person (or people) to get violent, and get hurt, and then sue me because they were protesting (and got hurt) on my property.

In a similar vein, college campuses are places of learning - usually expensive learning, at that. And most people can't learn if there's a riot going on outside.