Goodbye Jesus

Mapquest Directions...grrr

Amethyst

Stupid MapQuest! :vent:

I had an interview in downtown Mpls. today and I ended up not being able to make it because the MapQuest directions were very confusing. It was only a contract job but still, it's annoying. I had even tried calling for directions, and got even more lost. So I ended up cancelling.

On the bright side, I do have a couple of interviews lined up tomorrow for different jobs that would be closer to home. I just really hate getting lost. :ugh:

If you get the chance to use one, a GPS receiver with maps and routing software is a great toy! And combined with common sense and operating it safely it will get you to your destination more reliably than the online mapping tools.

Ame..

No shit! Had to go to Portland, OR for important doc's appointment. Got the Mapquest directions, looked halfassed easy. Got to where I had to turn off, and of course construction had a detour. That detour ran into another, and a third, and by time I got off the main road, where I wanted to go was 10 odd miles behind me, and all but improbable getting there on time.

Pulled into service station, filled my scooter-car up, asked the pump jockey, Oregon still forbids self service, WTF??? is this medical clinic?

Amazingly enough, he looks down the road, says "Take the 6th light, turn right, then left two blocks, there ya are.."

SHhhhHhhhHHEEEEEEEEEeeeEEIiiiiIIIIIITTTTTTT!

Got to appoinment right on the 'skin of teeth' time..

Mapquest my aching ass!

kL

My daughter went to a friend's house one time, and I printed out the Mapquest directions so I could pick her up. Driving around a couple neighborhoods according to the directions, I ended up at a locked gate. I had to park my car, jump the gate, and then walk another six blocks to get my kid. When I finally was at the house they asked me why I went that way. Ugh! Mapquest!

If you get the chance to use one, a GPS receiver with maps and routing software is a great toy! And combined with common sense and operating it safely it will get you to your destination more reliably than the online mapping tools.

Wish I could afford one, but they look like nice toys!

Pulled into service station, filled my scooter-car up, asked the pump jockey, Oregon still forbids self service, WTF??? is this medical clinic?

WTF...why does Oregon forbid people from filling their own gas tanks? That makes no sense.

WTF...why does Oregon forbid people from filling their own gas tanks? That makes no sense.

So does Jersey. It gives people jobs and prevents certain accidents that can happen with customers pumping, mainly involving static electricity. Probably not necessary, but it is nice.

So does Jersey. It gives people jobs and prevents certain accidents that can happen with customers pumping, mainly involving static electricity. Probably not necessary, but it is nice.

It may be nice and convenient for you Oregonians... until one of you gets stuck out-of-state. I've heard fellow students up here in WA complain because they brought their cars with them up here to school, and when they got to WA...they had no idea how to fill their cars with gas. Kind of a problem when they leave for other states where there are no attendants to fill them for you.

Wish I could afford one, but they look like nice toys!

I had to buy a new phone recently and I decided that I would get a really nice one for once. I ended up getting an Ipaq 6925 last month (I'm bragging since I rarely buy myself toys but it was my b-day present too :) ). It's loaded with GPS so I put TomTom on it and for the same price as GPS alone I have a phone, GPS, WIFI and a PocketPC all in one thing (plays MP3's and video too). I got it off of eBay (opened but not used).

Anyhow, if you're looking for a nifty toy getting one built into your phone gives you a great excuse to get it. :) I have to admit that the GPS is way cool just to play with (and it doesn't use minutes but tons of battery). Okay, I'm done bragging now. :)

mwc

Interesting. I never knew there was a place anywhere where people could not fill their own tanks. :shrug:

As far as Mapquest, LOL, I used it recently to find a place I was going to in OH. Yikes, I got there, but it took me on the most remote, desolate back roads EVER. There were NO SIGNS on these backroads. :twitch:

I had to count the miles according to the directions to make my proper turns. :ugh:

I like Yahoo, but they all gave the same convoluted directions. I usually cross-check when I get confusing directions from someplace. I figured if they all had the same directions, they must be right. *Shrug*