Goodbye Jesus

Why Christians Suck

truth

Ok I need to rant. I am very mad.

One of my long time friends who useto be my best friend, and then friend and then nothing much is well a bitch and I don't know how to tell her. I don't think I want to. I have told her bits but I haven't come out and said it.

It is a long and complicated story with history over the years and such... I won't get into it all but really what happened is that she is a controlling bitch who likes to feel like she is queen bee and knows it all and has to have everyone else do it her way or the highway.. I stopped doing that and she doesn't like it.

I am actually trying not to be mad, because I have for too long let her poison ruin me. I kept hoping maybe we could work our friendship out and go back to the way it once was but have realized that that is impossible to do. There was a time in my life where I thought I would die without her friendship now I realize that she is killing me with her friendship and has been for a long time. I am sick of it and won't take it anymore.

She is a Christian who believes the literal word of the bible minus what she doesn't want to follow.. and believes everyone else should follow what she believes and if they don't they aren't a Christian and she is going to pray for them.. Grrr

I have actually been leaning to believing again.. but in a much different way.. But really why the fuck would I want to be part of such of community who is so mean and narrowed minded, who cannot be your friend if u don't believe in the god that they do and who they think god is.. even if there is a god.. Ahhhhh I just want to scream. Actually I am kind of glad to be rid of her but a bit sad too. Mostly relieved that I am making positive choices.

I do continue my search, but cannot share my journey with her because she sees the world through xian colored glasses. Where I see the world through humanity and love. Strange at one point I thought they were the same thing. Now I know better.

Perhaps in time your anger will turn to sadness for your friend. She clearly is deeply entrenched in the brainwashing that goes with Xianity, and most likely will be one of the overwhelming majority who never have the opportunity to free themselves from their mental shackles.

Then again, someone like that would probably be a bitch no matter what they believed. Nobody likes a control freak - do yourself a favour and kick her to the kerb.

I have actually been leaning to believing again

NOOOOOO :dead:

You mentioned that you have made some changes within yourself. Anytime that happens, the "old system" stops working for other people. In this case, she can no longer control you and of course she does not like that. You need to continue to stand your ground.

It seems anytime you make major changes within yourself your group of friends or people that you are drawn to begin to change as well which only makes sense and is healthy. If your old friends cannot accept you then chances are they are just controlling people and it is better to let go of them anyway. You don't need that.

Friends move into and out of our lives for different reasons. Sometimes, you just have to let go.

My heart goes out to you. Losing relationships of whatever type sucks--it's just plain painful. But my quality of life has improved significantly since I started cutting out toxic relationships.

Hi guys,

Thanks. I have been very mad today about her whole attitute. I think I do just need to let go, and was sort of trying to but had my relapse of just wanting a girlfriend to talk to and wanted to go back to the way we once were but found I couldn't.

Yes she is a toxic person which is why I have been trying to protect myself by not sharing things that I know will get a toxic response.

But you know christians are the worst toxic people, around. And she definitly is a toxic person who I do not need bring me down. If she really did care, she wouldn't ditch me just because she can't talk about god with me anymore and would want to know why I am more distant not make accusations and judgments on how I live my life.

I had my aunt over for dinner tonight, who I have become more close to. I think she may be one of the most sanest members of my family. We had a nice chat, and I ranted for a bit about the bitchy friend.