Goodbye Jesus

Dawkins -- O'Reilly interview

webmdave

• Admin

Last night FOX News commentator Bill O'Reilly broadcast a five-minute interview with British ethologist, evolutionary biologist, popular science writer and advocate of atheism Richard Dawkins.

To monitor comments posted to this topic, use comment-ful.gif.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/04...-interview.html

Hitler was an Atheist? Huh?

I haven't watched it yet, but I have to now question Dawkins' intelligence by even agreeing to go on The Factor.

I haven't watched it yet, but I have to now question Dawkins' intelligence by even agreeing to go on The Factor.

We all whore darling, we all whore!

And O'Reily is less religious than me.

Could O'Rielly be more glib and flippant when Dawkins made his points about proving other gods and such.

And that dig at the end, when Dawkins was not allowed to respond, trying to link Atheists as being without morals....awful.

Could O'Rielly be more glib and flippant when Dawkins made his points about proving other gods and such.

And that dig at the end, when Dawkins was not allowed to respond, trying to link Atheists as being without morals....awful.

Since when did Captain Fondle (O'Reily) have morals?

The old "atheism has killed more people than christianity" argument. Hitler actually paid his catholic church tax until he died, Stalin originally trained to be a priest and his exact beliefs are unkown.

But that's mostly beyond the mentation abilities of FOX people to compute...

You just know if one writes a book it's not going to be a new translation of the Hypnerotomachia Poliphili with analyses of the the illustrations, with special reference to the alchemical symbolism...

Regarding Mao...

I cannot believe that Mao did not intentionally immitate cult indoctrination techniques.

The cultural revolution is text book execution.

As to he and Pol Pot being atheists, I question the basis of that assertion... he got Hitler wrong and Bhuddism and I believe other Asian religions could be interpreted as atheistic.

Mongo

Yes, I quite agree. The cultural revolution was indeed executed like a religious cult, and the repercussions are still being felt to this very day. Individuality in china? uh-uh. ain't happening. to this very day they're lockstep in their cult mentality.

The interview was totally unfair. I've seen O'Reilly give more time to far far undeserving people who were utter shitbacks. Seriously, you could tell he didn't take Dawkins seriously and he blew him off, Dawkins looked impatient, almost like "Where was the good admiral when I needed him?!" kinda of look too.

Funny how Bill said that religion acts as a regulator for culture. Where was the church when Hitler was gasing the Jews to death? Right by his side.

Strange to say, there was more in-depth on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart than O'Reily... when satire has more depth that current affairs commentary, then society is sick...

Also Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, Ceaucescue etc murdered millions in the name of Karl Marx's authoritarian ideology which is NOT the same as atheism.

Strange to say, there was more in-depth on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart than O'Reily... when satire has more depth that current affairs commentary, then society is sick...

Don't you know? Satire is the only way to get the real news past the censors these days.

Don't you know? Satire is the only way to get the real news past the censors these days.

You, sir, are no patriot!

bodysnatchers.jpg

;)

You, sir, are no patriot!

Gee thanks! :wub:

As penance, watch Fox news and believe it!

So sorry, I am in a country where Fox is not available and I live in a country where they have never heard of Fox. But I'll be sure and read Pravda when I get back to Russia. Pravda means "truth" you know.

So sorry, I am in a country where Fox is not available and I live in a country where they have never heard of Fox. But I'll be sure and read Pravda when I get back to Russia. Pravda means "truth" you know.

I fell into the trap of assuming you were in America... You may as well read the Weekly World News as Pravda.

I fell into the trap of assuming you were in America... You may as well read the Weekly World News as Pravda.

Ha ha, that's the joke. It's as reliable as Fox. Get it? Pravda = Truth. Ah, the irony.

No, I haven't been to the US in 3 years. My momma misses me.

Ha ha, that's the joke. It's as reliable as Fox. Get it? Pravda = Truth. Ah, the irony.

No, I haven't been to the US in 3 years. My momma misses me.

I didn't think Pravda pretended to be true (rather like the WWN) but FOX does... :HaHa:

Oh, I don't know. I think they present themselves as pretty much an ordinary paper: http://english.pravda.ru/

I haven't read it in a few years though.

I did not see that interview but what I saw last night on Glenn Beck sickened me. His guests were Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins of the "Left Behind" series. I did not see but a few minutes , I have had the flu all week and have a weak stomach. This interview was disgusting, you would think they were talking about a upcomming sports event. All the talk about Armageddon, wars, mass deaths, fullfilled prophecys.they were loving it!!! These guys are predators, preying on people's fears, and making a fortune. And old Glenn was playing into it like a script. Maybe I am getting old and less patience but I despise these vultures and what they do. I could rant on and on.

One good thing , Dr. Robert Price is in the process of writing a book to counter the "Left Bhind" series. Can't wait!

You're in contact with Mad Bob of the HP Lovecraft Glee Club and Temperance League?