Goodbye Jesus

Help Me Out Everyone...

Guest Heretic

Guest Heretic

After breaking the news to my Dad that I'm an atheist, and I accept Evolution as the means we arrived on this planet, he sent me any email from one of his Southern Baptist friends. Just wish you all with much more knowledge than me can check out this website and show me the MANY MANY flaws that I've already caught. Thanks again for your time.

http://www.creationresearch.net/index.htm

After breaking the news to my Dad that I'm an atheist, and I accept Evolution as the means we arrived on this planet, he sent me any email from one of his Southern Baptist friends. Just wish you all with much more knowledge than me can check out this website and show me the MANY MANY flaws that I've already caught. Thanks again for your time.

This sounds more like a mission statement than a scientific exploration of any kind.

"Creation Research exists to seek evidence for the Biblical account of Creation, Noah's Flood, Tower of Babel and related subjects. We investigate and promote such evidence in order to glorify Christ and build His church."

In other words. "We're looking for stuff that supports a specific viewpoint, and we're going to find it come hell or high water!"

Most of their argument seems to be 'Hey, this kind of looks like water damage!" or "Isn't this stuff not supposed to exist together? We found it lying in the same place anyway!"

Bonus Jesus points for the web museum scam.

Gotta love the excitememt filled scheduling.

JOHN MACKAY'S USA ITINERARY

More information may be obtained from phone numbers shown on activity below or email info@creationresearch.net .

International Director of Creation Research John Mackay

APRIL 2007

Tennessee

April 15th

Grace Baptist Church 105 Church Street

Hartsville, TN 37074

Sunday School @ 9:30 CST climate Change a biblical perspective

Click for

Worship @ 10:30 CST Jehovah Jireh our Creator and Provider.

Click for

Topic: "JEHOVAH JIREH OUR CREATOR

AND PROVIDER".

Click for

Tennessee Sunday, April 22nd. 9am and 10 45.am services. Father's House Covenant Church,

Sunday, April 22nd 6:00 pm - Grace Presbyterian Church -

SACREMENTO CA. May 1st

DON'T MISS: THE REALLY INCOVENIENT TRUTH ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING!

WITH the Big Aussi from Down Under, International Director of Creation

Research John Mackay (say Mac Hi!) as he brings us "Climate Change and

Creation - A Biblical Perspective." Click for

The irritating pop up as well, nice touch.

Oh, how exciting. That global warming thing got me curious. In a what kind of crazy idea did this idiot dream up kind of way. Sadly, I was far from dissapointed.

Took a little tooling around, but I found this pushing some book this guy wrote. Check out number 3.

PART 1. What does Islam say about global warming?

Is man causing global warming?

Is it global warming, climate change, or tax revenue?

PART 2. What was the weather like at creation?

What has been it's history since then?

What effect did Noah's flood have?

What role does God have in weather?

Does the Bible speak about future global warming?

PART 3. Does it matter if Polar Bears become extinct?

In a related incident I found this site. Which proudly states that 'Christianity is not Left Wing!".

Duh.

http://christianityisnotleftwing.blogspot.com/

It had on it, this gem of informative science.

The latest SPIRITUS VERITUS POLL shows that 100% of demons surveyed believe in God. ALL know the theory of evolution to be false based on their own observations of the act of creation but stated (without exception) they still find evolution a useful means to deceive a majority of people into accepting God used evolution. In a democracy 52% is all that is needed but democracy does not depend on truth. Please note - this survey was based on established demon data from the past 6000 yrs only. (Ref. statistics, faith, philosophy)

Thanks are due to Creation Research and John Mackay for this information.

and a bit below...

Research by the Cochrane Library Review in the USA, India and China indicates that increased availability of the morning after pill has pushed up its use but has had no notewothy effect on either unwanted pregnancies or abortions. This would seem to indicate that it has increased promiscuity. Yet of course, our morals-free government wants these morally ambivalent pills handed out like Smarties in our schools. It does of course have an occasional unpublicised side effect - DEATH. [see 2nd link.] Links:

I give the hokey science site a 3/5. I didn't see any hell fire or torture in my personal scanning to stave off boredom.

This other site I found, with such wounderous hits thtat celebrate his glory as:

* Survey results.

* Morning after pill.

* At least he wants to try.

* The Beatitudes - a reminder!

* Crime and Fear.

* Grammar schools.

* Ever been had?

* Fun with geology.

* Stark, staring mad?

* Abuse of prisoners.

This site got a 1/5 because I kept having to stop reading because my brain was shorting out from their tangible feild of arrogance, ignorance, and self rightiousness.

Not for those still sensitive about their seperating. Very nasty place from what I saw.

Matters which pretain to global safety or health should not be left in the hands of the faithful. For truly faithful people, look forward to the end of humanity, and the world.

The biggest flaw is the simple fact that they are only looking for evidence that fits their "theories". Any evidence not supportive is not assimulated and tried to fit, it is tossed aside.

Exactly how does the coastline of Syndey really help their cause and not mainstream science? Still can't work their thought process out on that one.

Heretic, what will happen if you prove your dad wrong in one or two discussions? He has built his whole foundation of his life on these beliefs. If he just deconverted immediately, he will not know where to stand. That's a very scary place to be. Take your time.

IMO, a few short discussions here and there over a significant period of time is more effective, like planting seeds. Even agreeing with him on some points, will suggest to him to be inclined to agree with you sometimes too. It's usually a time invested process. Maybe suggest more of your insights into the matter, instead of attacking his and setting him in a place of immediately defending his opinions without really thinking. I've found from my experiences on this site, it is amazing what happens during the many times I re-think things later, when I'm all alone. It is then that sometimes the other ex-Christian side did make more sense. Remember, not only are you keeping the integrity of your present position, you are also helping your dad find a more effective way to live his own life.

Is it just me or do a lot of these crazy fundy sites seem like just one big banner ad with all the flashing and big, red fonts, and everything seemingly jumbled together? I do like the guy in the Indiana Jones hat, though, so I think I'll convert.