Goodbye Jesus

Jesus Police

Grandpa Harley

Long as the content is ok... :)

Very interesting... good find!

Yes, very interesting. I tagged the site on Stumble Upon so maybe it'll get some more traffic.

Bookmarked. Good find indeed.

I try...

Nice one :)

Looks like an excellent site! I'll give it a link from mine. Glory!

Somebody? Gee thanks...

(Just jokin'... I've bookmarked your site... I'm always on the lookout for decent portals of reference material. Keep up the good work!)

Wow! Great site!

The gospels were written in the 2nd Century? That makes it hard not to conclude that the whole NT story is a total fabrication.

Funny given all the inconsistencies and the fact that the gospels were probably written more than a hundred years after Jesus was supposed to have died - that the site never mentions that Jesus might never have existed at all.

The idea that Paul invented a 'spiritual' messiah who he called Jesus/Joshua and that later people believed him to be a real person even though he never actually existed seems very convincing. Freke and Gandy think that Gnosticism was the first kind of Christianity and that Paul was a gnostic and the Literalist confusion came later. I prefer to think that Paul came up with a mystery religion inspired symbolic, spiritual messiah figure - and that Gnosticism and Christianity as we understand it both formed from Paul's ideas. Accurately but convolutedly in the case of Gnosticism - total distortion (and sometimes backed up by blatant lies) in the case of Christianity.

But anyway - it's funny that the "Jesus did not exist" idea isn't really mentioned in that Jesus Police site. With all the other good stuff they point out about the faults with the Jesus story, I'm surprised they don't mention it.