• Gary Thompson

• DarthOkkata

"When I met Jesus..."

He was cottaging again?

He and George Michael are buddies.

Who goes on top?

"The devil made me do it"

[ - on the murder of 14 students]

Finding Jesus. Although that's more fun than irritating, simply because it's just begging for someone to respond, "why? is he hiding somewhere?" :HaHa:

"God told me..."

I once worked with a fellow from South America who said "Amen" at the end of every few sentences. He also used to say "Praise Jesus" a lot.

I hate "God has a plan for you."

Eff that. If he had a plan, why didn't he reveal it to me when I was a believer?

I also hate "God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good."

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr........ ok.... If it's good to sit back and watch children starve and experience horrors I can't even begin to imagine.

Good on ya, god. Yer fuckin' awesome.... *eyeroll*

Removed.

Removed...triple post. Don't know what the heck is going on!

Here at the home of the Blue Angels, on a bulletin board on the main street to the base reads the following sign: "The soul of our lost pilot is in the hands of a loving God". Tell that to his family and the people (including children) that saw the man's plane crash. Loving God my ass.

It may not be a catch phrase yet but it will be.

Here are a few more that I know I posted about two years ago here on a similar thread...

"Think its hot here?"

"Discipline in the playpen so he doesn't end up in the state pen"

"There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother..."

"Dusty Bible leads to a dirty life"

My pastor pulled Galatians on me when I asked questions "Who has bewitched you?"

Here at the home of the Blue Angels, on a bulletin board on the main street to the base reads the following sign: "The soul of our lost pilot is in the hands of a loving God". Tell that to his family and the people (including children) that saw the man's plane crash. Loving God my ass.

It may not be a catch phrase yet but soon it will be just like "Let's Roll".

I've used phrases like 'Let's roll' and 'Heading back to the barn...' since I worked with a US chap in the mid 90s...

Thanks for saying it three times. ^_^

Pardon?

Pardon?

Sorry, not you. I meant Jubilant for posting the same message three times (must be a server lag or something).

It came out after your message cause I started writing before you posted.

No probs... I got five copies of a mail from the Gun thread earlier. It wouldn't have been so bad if it had been cogent...

LOL, Sorry, something funny is going on with my connection.

Same here. I found out that if you wait it out, even if it looks like it's not doing anything, it gets there eventually.

It may not be a catch phrase yet but it will be.

Here are a few more that I know I posted about two years ago here on a similar thread...

"Think its hot here?"

"Discipline in the playpen so he doesn't end up in the state pen"

"There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother..."

"Dusty Bible leads to a dirty life"

My pastor pulled Galatians on me when I asked questions "Who has bewitched you?"

I live on the other side of the state now, but I spent most of my young life in Pensacola. You've probably seen St. Michal's downtown before at the top of the hill. My great aunt was the principal when I was attending. Lorded over by the mighty pengins of the secret ninja child torturing sect of the church.

I'm glad to have a little distance to all the grieving, I remember the last time it happened. It was all over the place, store signs, television, T-shirts.

Yeah, T-shirts. It was disgusting, way overdone, and probably pretty hard on the families involved. The whole place turned blue for a while, like some sort of dimented summertime christmas.

When Xtians are being homopobic and trying to be funny: "In the Garden of Eden it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!"

I love it when xians start to talk in ye olde englishe.

Usually a sign that they are going to get all judgmental. "take heed, lest ye are smited"

"I am anointed in the blood"

Anointed? No-one does anointing anymore. The last time I was anointed it was by a pigeon!

"I just feel so blessed" In fact, the word "just" gets overused a lot. eg "I just want to thank you Lord, and just open my heart to you... etc etc drivel drivel"

Same here. I found out that if you wait it out, even if it looks like it's not doing anything, it gets there eventually.

LOL...thats exactly what was happening. The load rectangular *box* had no blue moving to the right at all and so I pressed "stop", then refresh and it still didn't load and so I stopped again and added a little more to my post and well of course we know what happened after that.

I live on the other side of the state now, but I spent most of my young life in Pensacola. You've probably seen St. Michal's downtown before at the top of the hill. My great aunt was the principal when I was attending. Lorded over by the mighty pengins of the secret ninja child torturing sect of the church.

I'm glad to have a little distance to all the grieving, I remember the last time it happened. It was all over the place, store signs, television, T-shirts.

Yeah, T-shirts. It was disgusting, way overdone, and probably pretty hard on the families involved. The whole place turned blue for a while, like some sort of dimented summertime christmas.

That is so sorry.

Pensacola, I swear, I love the beaches but there literally is a church or TWO on what seems like every street. There are even "house churches", popping up in various neighborhoods.

Not really a catch phrase, but it may as well be: "There's more historical evidence Jesus existed than there is that Julius Ceaser existed."

Not really a catch phrase, but it may as well be: "There's more historical evidence Jesus existed than there is that Julius Ceaser existed."

Yeah, and Julius rose from the grave and will return to send people to hell and a few to heaven.

At first, I had a hard time understanding that extraordianary claims require extraordinary proof myself. If it was nothing but accepting that the man himself existed, then what evidence there is may be good enough. It's when they start claiming that if the man existed, he must be who the bible claims he is is when the fallacy pops its head up.

There are no atheists in foxholes.

That one rarely fails to raise my blood pressure to unhealthy levels. What a load of smug ignorance.