Goodbye Jesus

Firearms/self Defense Discussion

nivek

Indeed disturbing.

On Tuesday, Japan's only anonymous drop box for unwanted infants triggered a wave of anger after it was discovered that a 3-year-old preschooler — and not a newborn — was left by his father on the service's first day.

The drop-off, known as "Stork's Cradle," was begun by a Roman Catholic-run hospital in southern Japan to stem a wave of abandonments of newborns in unsafe public places.

I might add that 99% of mothers that dump their babies are Chinese or Filipina prostitutes. They are unable to get abortions usually because they are illegal immigrants.

Sorry but what does this have to do with firearms? I think you may be in the wrong thread:

Now to counter SkipNChurch's on another news post that shows just how bad are gun laws are and what can be done:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/baby.gun....tml?eref=rss_us

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- "Bubba" Ludwig can't walk, talk or open the refrigerator door -- but he does have his very own Illinois gun permit.

The 10-month-old, whose given name is Howard David Ludwig, was issued a firearm owner's identification card after his father, Howard Ludwig, paid the $5 fee and filled out the application, not expecting to actually get one.

The card lists the baby's height (2 feet, 3 inches), weight (20 pounds) and has a scribble where the signature should be. (Watch Bubba use his gun permit as a teething ring )

With some exceptions, the cards are required of any Illinois residents purchasing or possessing firearms or ammunition within the state. There are no age restrictions on the cards, an official said.

Illinois State Police oversee the application process. Their purpose, said Lt. Scott Compton, is to keep guns out of the hands of convicted felons, those under an order of protection and those convicted of domestic violence.

"Does a 10-month-old need a FOID card? No, but there are no restrictions under the act regarding age of applicants," he said.

Ludwig, 30, of Chicago, applied for the card after his own father bought Bubba a 12-gauge Beretta shotgun as a gift. The weapon will probably be kept at Ludwig's father's house until the boy is at least 14.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• nivek

• Amanda

• Ramen666

Sorry but what does this have to do with firearms? I think you may be in the wrong thread:

Nothing. But it WAS in Skips post.

Quoth Ramen:

Ummmm... Violent, hateful, insane murder happens even in the "tamed" society of Japan. Blame what may be blamed, right or wrongfully, bad_actors still murder and maim despite the lack of firearms. Helpless folks unprotected by a National Police, protected supposedly by stringent laws on arms and weapons of all sorts are still taken by criminally minded and actioned individuals.

Even in the post-War McArthurian paradise Japan has remade itself, there are those inclined to do ill and harm to others.

Like Big City America, but on a nationwide scale, the "elect" have young men willing to put themselves in harms way for their personal protection, or might have the ability to carry self protective tools.

Small minority gets to be the sheepdogs for the Nation of those unable by script and law to protect themselves.

Feel free to re-read article Ramen, find why it is topical.

Try not to let your preconceptions and ignorance of this subject and those that surround it continue to baffle you.

kFL

Ignorance sure baffle's me... :grin:

I am also guessing you did not read that news story that I posted. Because you did not wish to comment on the fucked up system. It just shows how any one in the US can get firearms. But remember I am ignorant because I disagree with you, but thats ok.

Irony of this:

Gun lovers want protection for their families, nothing wrong with that but they don't want protection from people buying firearms. I just don't get that kind of logic but what do I know I am ignorant.

Ramen..

Y'all know the Federal rules and regs, those which the FOID simply adds to?

18 to purchace a long gun

21 to purchace a shortgun

21 to purchace and put in for the paperwork to own FA/SBS/SBR/AOW/DD arms and weapons.

10 month old wanders into Juan's Shooterama and Beer Swilling Palace, Pretzels Free, Ladies Half Price Saloon and Redneck Killing Machine Emporium, ya know what he gets when he orders a Barret Light 50? Laughed at and told "Ain'tcha soooOoo cute?" "Y'all come back in 17 and a half years lil feller.."

FOID in Il as noted by the Agency issuing spokeshead was fairly much blown off as not a big deal in this particular set of issues.

Not too sure what you were trying to address in that post, as you hung it and walked away from it, using it as a standalone argument in this line of discussion. I read it, as I have in several other places, and was as amused this time as I was then.

It, the article in itself says nothing about the useful use of firearms laws as you seem to try and forward. You can try and compel the article to be bent towards your views on the need for more stringent regulations and rules, but the meat of your argument won't be found with the juvenile FOID issuance newsie.

kFL

Skip N, Church,

I just posted the news article to show you that a 10 month old kid can get a gun permit. That is all I am saying that, that shows something about the gun laws and regulations is not right. You know my stance as much as I know your's I thought you would assume what I meant. I am just saying if a 10 month child can get a gun permit no telling whoever else can.

We can both twist the article however we want it to see fit. I am not the only one that does that , it is human nature.

Wait tell me more about FOID....I admit I am ignorant on that, I do not know all the laws and regulations but all of my posts from the begining of the thread are souly based on opinion. Just as your posts I do not follow this stuff as much as you do. I admit that but I have an opinion on gun control/ regulations as I see it.

The reason we worry about it is on the same scale both of us want protection. You want protection with guns, protecting your family. I want protection from the wrong people getting the guns.

• 3 months later...

I just can't touch weapons of any kind myself. Makes me nervous. I'll stick to Jujitsu.

But I sure am glad there are rational people with training who can.

I will agree with the first article posted here that guns are good for personal defense. People who kill themselves, others, or have kids that kill themselves or others, and other accidental gun related deaths are caused by careless people. Such as one such death where a guy didn't realize that even if you remove a handgun's mag, if it has been cocked there will still be one left in the chamber. And who the hell squeezes the trigger of a real gun, empty or not, while it's aimed at a person you don't intend to scare off or kill?