Goodbye Jesus

Firearms/self Defense Discussion

nivek

The end is nhy

The end days are upon us brethren.arm thyself brothers and sisters.or ye will stand defenseless against Satan and all his works. but with Gods instrument of justice (ak47) in your hands you can defeat all that stands before ye. brethren

Ye government is run by Satan and his devilish followers. only gods instrument of justice can free ye from this tyranny brethren

Can I have a amen brethren

Devvie old bean, you don't get an amen, but a "Strike One" for being an obtuse dumbass in a fairly intense discussion. Figured your participation in this thread was a joke to begin with, you've proved yourself. Feel free to discontinue use of this Thread at the invitation by the Board's mean_old_man.

kFL

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• nivek

• Amanda

• Ramen666

The end is nhy

The end days are upon us brethren.arm thyself brothers and sisters.or ye will stand defenseless against Satan and all his works. but with Gods instrument of justice (ak47) in your hands you can defeat all that stands before ye. brethren

Ye government is run by Satan and his devilish followers. only gods instrument of justice can free ye from this tyranny brethren

AK47? Bit outdated these days. Can't beat the Holy Hand Grenade, says I. But seriously, I don't think that's what this topic is about.

Casey

The end is nhy

Huh? :twitch:

Gee Ramen, the folks from gov dot org not out to take anyones firearms?

This report fairly fresh, happening in America's heartland.... But no, confiscation wouldn't happen here.. Would it?

Try not to post again until you've read this entire newsie and understand what is happening.

kFL

Confiscation of Registered Guns Begins in Illinois

http://www.kc3.com/news/chicago_confiscation.htm

The Chicago Police Department and the Illinois State Police have teamed up to make good on Mayor Daley's pledge that, if it were up to him, nobody would have a gun. Daley and his elite "CAGE" unit are apparently taking advantage of gun privacy loopholes to pinpoint certain individuals for inclusion in the confiscation program.

The ISRA is following up on leads in one case that has disturbing implications. An elderly first-generation Chicago resident was recently paid a visit by an Illinois State Police trooper. After asking to come inside the man's home, the trooper asked if the man owned a gun - to which he replied yes. The trooper then directed the individual to surrender the firearm. The man complied with the officer's demand and the trooper left with the gun. And the story gets better...

The gun in question was purchased legally by the man in the 1970s shortly after he became a U.S. citizen. When Chicago's infamous gun registration scheme went into effect in the early 1980s, the man registered the firearm as per the requirement. However, over the years, the fellow apparently forgot to re-register the firearm, and forgot to renew his Illinois FOID Card.

So...what does this all mean?

In the last edition of The Illinois Shooter, we reported on the activities of a shady taskforce known as the Chicago Anti Gun Enforcement (CAGE) unit. This elite squad, operated jointly by the Illinois State Police, the Chicago Police Department, and the Cook County State's Attorney's Office, supposedly exists to identify illegal gunrunners. However, information gained by the ISRA makes it clear that the CAGE unit is targeting law-abiding citizens, not criminal gunrunners.

Thanks to a ruling by a liberal federal judge, the CAGE unit now has the name of every single person in the United States who, since 1992, lawfully purchased more than one handgun in the period of a week. The CAGE unit also has all the makes, models and serial numbers of those guns. In essence, the Chicago Police Department is now registering guns and gun owners nationwide.

The ISRA has also learned that the CAGE unit has compiled a list of families where more than one person in that family holds a FOID card. Acting on that information, the CAGE unit is now contacting gun shops where those families have shopped, and is illegally registering all guns purchased by those families.

Now, it appears that the CAGE unit is scrubbing Chicago's gun registration list against the list of FOID card holders. Indications are that folks who have let their registrations and FOIDs lapse will have their guns confiscated. We have to wonder how long it will be until state troopers show up at the doors to confiscate the guns of non-Chicago residents who have let their FOIDs expire.

Funny that, whenever there has been a natural disaster in Japan (and there are plenty) there is NEVER any of the looting, pillaging, and so forth that goes on in the U.S. I believe the same goes for Oz, but Oz has few if any natural disasters on the scale of those in the U.S. and Japan.

Why is that?

Jun, my visit to Japan was only one day, however, I did spend a month in a condominium in Hawaii that was predominantly Japanese and ran by Japanese. I don't know how it is in Oz, however, the Japanese are very strict, relative to the US. They wouldn't let my sons play Marco Polo in the pool, because they weren't allowed to make any noise. They told me that I couldn't roll my bike in the hallway to my condo, I had to carry it. I decided to put our bikes in the garage, when I rode my bike to my son's school with them, they yelled at me for riding it from the garage. I had to walk it to the main street then ride it! It reminded me of when I was in Singapore and it was against the law to have chewing gum. When I was in Singapore, if someone was caught selling pot, they were hung to death. :phew:

........they send the national gaurds with rifles gaurding streets that are flooded and most people can't live there. I wonder why they send the gaurds with rifles to gaurd the street?

And what are these guards going to do if they catch people pillaging anyhow, shoot them? What a sorry state the good ol' U.S. is in!

Japan is predominantly a very congested country, Tokyo being one of the most populated cities in the world. Where there are lots and lots of people in small spaces, the rules and regulations become more and more strict. Yet, it's more than just that. Japan is a shame based society and the US is a guilt based society. We base our sense of wrong doing out of guilt, an internal value system. They base their sense of wrong doing by shame, dishonoring their family and community, therefore external base. These people may not shoot people or rob and steal, but they are in the top ten countries for suicide rates. About 50 per 100,000 successfully commit suicide per year there, while the US has about 15 per 100,000.

This shame based society is also having trouble with treatment of mental disorders, because of the social stigma placed on it. They don't want to 'shame' their families. I suspect extremely high rates of depression there, perhaps causing the high rate of suicides. Here in the US, mental health is encouraged to stem from a solid internal locus of control, based on one's own values... not what other people think. It is focused on centering, analyzing, and recognizing one's own values and living by those. While in Japan they judge themselves by what others think of them, pleasing other people. Americans aren't made like that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with the Japanese way of thinking, I'm not familiar with promoting or living that lifestyle. :shrug:

Japan also have 15% of their fires are arson related, while the US has 3% that are arson related. However, the US outranks Japan hands down on crime and homicides. The US has the most people in jail than any country in the world, hence my pleas for identifying emotional issues at a younger age, teach coping skill in school, and give rehabilitation to those in jail now. I love the Japanese and the Asian culture, but Japan clearly has problems of their own, and Jun, I would never be for a shame based society to cure our ills. I guess it does teach us that, as individuals, maybe we need to focus on honoring ourselves more. That I'd buy.

BTW, out of curiosity... what's immigration like in that country? Is it extremely multi-ethnic, as in the US, or predominantly all Japanese? :thanks:

The Disasters thing I admit is a good argument, but could those be legal guns....

Ramen666, of course they're legal guns. I'm only for allowing legal guns! I'm even for tighter control on who gets one. I thought you meant if we should have the right to bear arms at all! I apologize if I misunderstood you.

The Disasters thing I admit is a good argument, but could those be legal guns....

Ramen666, of course they're legal guns. I'm only for allowing legal guns! I'm even for tighter control on who gets one. I thought you meant if we should have the right to bear arms at all! I apologize if I misunderstood you.

Folks...

For the sake of definition, care to let me in on what constitutes an "illegal gun"?

kFL

GSL!

What a sorry state the good ol' U.S. is in!

I offer what I know from the Ozzy and Japanese perpective so that it can be simply compared to the U.S. - for interests sake only - not to condemn or preach to either side.

:scratch:

Folks...

For the sake of definition, care to let me in on what constitutes an "illegal gun"?

kFL

GSL!

One that doesn't meet the requirements of being legal, of course. :)

Just kidding.

I'd say an illegal gun is one that is NOT registered to a person, ie stolen, not traceable. And aren't some guns illegal, like sawed off shotguns, machineguns, and such? Don't people have to have special permits for concealed weapons? And aren't silencers illegal sometimes too?

I believe this was for the benefit of those here on the board who know nothing of Japan or Japanese culture, I couldn't see the rates of arson, mental illness or suicide having anything to do with my initial post. :shrug:

I don't know how it is in Oz, however, the Japanese are very strict, relative to the US. They wouldn't let my sons play Marco Polo in the pool, because they weren't allowed to make any noise.

Perhaps that's the problem? I don't know what "Marco polo" is, the Japanese are respectful of other people and don't like to make a noise that may upset others. Perhaps if the game could be played quietly it would have been ok.

They told me that I couldn't roll my bike in the hallway to my condo, I had to carry it. I decided to put our bikes in the garage, when I rode my bike to my son's school with them, they yelled at me for riding it from the garage. I had to walk it to the main street then ride it!

For the same reason as above - consideration of others. Is that so hard?

Japan is a shame based society and the US is a guilt based society. We base our sense of wrong doing out of guilt, an internal value system. They base their sense of wrong doing by shame, dishonoring their family and community, therefore external base. These people may not shoot people or rob and steal, but they are in the top ten countries for suicide rates. About 50 per 100,000 successfully commit suicide per year there, while the US has about 15 per 100,000.

This shame based society is also having trouble with treatment of mental disorders, because of the social stigma placed on it. They don't want to 'shame' their families. I suspect extremely high rates of depression there, perhaps causing the high rate of suicides. Here in the US, mental health is encouraged to stem from a solid internal locus of control, based on one's own values... not what other people think.

Agreed, clearly two differing ways of viewing life. It appears, however, that "guilt" doesn't do much to stem violence or to improve respect for others.

The statement that Japan has trouble with treatment of mental disorders due to shame is somewhat outdated. That may have been true 15-20 years ago.

Wile in Japan they judge themselves by what others think of them, pleasing other people. Americans aren't made like that. I'm not saying anything is wrong with the Japanese way of thinking, I'm not familiar with promoting or living that lifestyle.

Er no, Japanese don't judge themselves by what others think of them. Japanese couldn't give a hoot what others think of them, but they are always putting the thoughts of others first. Pleasing other people is what life IS, no? Aren't we all here to make life better for EVERYONE else also. I find that in Japan people actually CARE for other people. There is far more consideration for others. In Oz (and apparently the U.S.) everyone is self-centered.

Japan also have 15% of their fires are arson related, while the US has 3% that are arson related. However, the US outranks Japan hands down on crime and homicides. The US has the most people in jail than any country in the world, hence my pleas for identifying emotional issues at a younger age, teach coping skill in school, and give rehabilitation to those in jail now. I love the Japanese and the Asian culture, but Japan clearly has problems of their own, and Jun, I would never be for a shame based society to cure our ills. I guess it does teach us that, as individuals, maybe we need to focus on honoring ourselves more. That I'd buy.

It is shameful to steal and to lie and to kill and to hurt others - the Japanese are reminded of this day in and day out, that's what keeps most in check. If as a teenager you steal something, you will have a hard time getting a job, or being admitted into a college - so people don't steal (much). My wife used to always ask, why do you have car-alarms on your cars in Australia? She couldn't understand why someone would take something that isn't theirs, and I encounter this a lot in Japan.

You can safely leave your belongings unattended in a public place and no-one will touch them. You can leave your house/car unlocked. You can tell the shop-keeper you don't have enough money and you'll return to pay it later and it will be ok, they know you'll come back to pay it back. If you aren't home, your neighbour will politely take any mail/parcels for you and place it just inside your front door for you.

BTW, out of curiosity... what's immigration like in that country? Is it extremely multi-ethnic, as in the US, or predominantly all Japanese?

1% of the population is foreign.

What a sorry state the good ol' U.S. is in!

I offer what I know from the Ozzy and Japanese perpective so that it can be simply compared to the U.S. - for interests sake only - not to condemn or preach to either side.

:scratch:

Again, simply a comparison. It is interesting is it not to see how other cultures behave and address the same problems?

The end is nhy

Huh? :twitch:

fruitcake-l.jpg

Folks...

kFL

GSL!

From memory

Guns held by parolees or wanted felons

unregistered weapons (dependent on state)

Illegally adapted weapon (semi- to fully- automatic, sawn off shot gun [again, State dependent])

Gun acquired through theft

... but then, I don't hear much sense out of you so that's to be expected... nothing much at all... But I'm accustomed to pig wind arguments...

Grandpa Harley, is that really necessary? Do you resort to those tactics when you're floundering or something? Or is it just some primeval genetics lingering through evolution? IMO, that hurts your position in a debate. You can really be informative often times, even entertaining, but that stuff just seems to negates so much of what you're offering IMO. But hey... keep it up if you want... I need all the edges I can get around here. :wicked:

Further, Vixentrox makes great sense. FWIW, that poster has made remarks that have substantially changed the way I think... yielding some very positive benefits. Hang out here for awhile, before you make such rash decisions. Relax, no one wins or loses any money or anything like that... it's just a discussion my friend.

1) If I see people arguing that black is white to support their stance, I call it as I see it... in this case I called it loud idiocy. You say it detracts, I call it being direct

2) If their arguments swayed you fine. I have Colorado Sea front properties ripe for condo development... I'll pm you...

3) I am, personally, sympathetic to Guns... however, when people cite secondary effect as a reason for banning over primary effect, I think they're idiots.

We've established a gun's primary function is to kill. It's not primarily a deterrent or primarily a protector of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... it's primary use is to kill. The up shot of that may be deterrent, and may be the protection of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but unlike the swimming pool, the maglight (yes, I know how to kill a man with a 6 D cell maglight, or render him incapable of enjoying a piss for a month), the five gallon bucket, or the car, it's primary function is to kill.

Now, that is an honest position for a debate... You want the ability to kill someone. Why dress it in a party frock? 'I want if for self defence' you want to use lethal force... I'm cool with that. IF you didn't want lethal force then get a taser. One less scum bag is Darwinian... however, killing something or someone is the prima facie use of a gun. To begin to argue that Cars kill more people isn't the point. A car isn't primarily for killing people. Neither is the 5 Gallon bucket, the maglight or a piece of 4x2. In the end, arguments comparing guns to cars is fallacious and dishonest.

The whole point of the second amendment was that, in the event of invasion or unpopular coup, the American populace can kill, and do it in industrial quantities. Remember the movie Red Dawn?

Nivek has been the most honest in the debate in that, if some one breaks into the Chez Nivek, he'll kill them. Cool. He has the right under law and I wouldn't take that away. However, self defence (although shoot first, ask questions later makes the legal footing of 'self defence' dicey) etc is a result, not a function. On the down side, you're more likely to be killed by a loved one with a legally held, registered, permitted gun, than some random scumbag trying to steal the plasma tv...

A culture based on shame is one I would never want to live in. If I was forced to, my middle finger would be heavily used. I don't give a shit if I embarras my elders. I used to tell my parents off regularaly even when I would get my butt kicked by my father as a teenager many years ago. I ALWAYS thought for myself and still do. There were some things I knew was bullshit and it turned out to be bullshit just as I thought. By the way, the only type of guns I would EVER own are unregistered ones.....there are ways to legally obtain them too....... :wicked:

And therein lies the problem.

The primary purpose of rat poison is to kill.....the primary purpose of insecticide is to kill....the primary purpose of matches/lighters is to start fires...the primary purpose of a butcher knife is to cut flesh.

What do they have in common? When used as intended thier primary purpose is to kill, cut or burn. That doesnt mean that they, when used responsibly will be used to kill people which they could, or burn down houses, which the matches/lighter could?

The primary purpose of rat poison is to kill.....the primary purpose of insecticide is to kill....the primary purpose of matches/lighters is to start fires...the primary purpose of a butcher knife is to cut flesh.

What do they have in common? When used as intended thier primary purpose is to kill, cut or burn. That doesnt mean that they, when used responsibly will be used to kill people which they could, or burn down houses, which the matches/lighter could?

Vixentrox, I have always had the utmost respect for you and still do but....

The primary purpose of rat poison is to kill rodents that spread harmful diseases that can and do kill people. The primary purpose of insecticides is kill insects, to rid the home/garden of pests (I personally do not use insecticides but try and use natural methods of killing such as stomping, etc.). The primary purpose of matches/lighters are to start fires for warmth and/or cooking, and also for controlled burns, etc. The primary purpose of a butcher knife is to cut the flesh of animals for cooking food. A person with a butcher knife cannot wipe out 30+ people at one time.

The primary purpose of a gun is for killing other human beings and when in the wrong hands, they are capable of doing mass damage.

Personally, I have no qualms with responsible people owning firearms, but these kind of arguments are moot when it comes to guns.

And the deep philosophical meaning of that shopping list is? :rolleyes:

Let's see... Killing rats is the primary use of rat poison... so not impressed. Primary use of insecticed is killing pestilential insects... ditto. Matches are uses to kindle fires, lighters their primary function varies by design, from lighting barbeques to lighting Cubans... so, ditto... Butchery knifes are used for dismembering a carcase... not designed for killing. You can imporvise anything into a weapon... I know how to spoil someone's day witha broekn credit card, a ball point pen or a drinking straw. Nothing I've seen mentioned in the improvised weapon class is as easy, convenient or just so damn well designed for killing as a gun

So, it seems to me your argument is specious, and you're probably wearing something ugly too (House M.D. joke before Amanda chooses to rip me an new one)

But please, keep ploughing that row... if it helps you sleep nights.

EDIT: Jubilant... you're my kind of Jesuit ;)

A culture based on shame is one I would never want to live in. If I was forced to, my middle finger would be heavily used. I don't give a shit if I embarras my elders. I used to tell my parents off regularaly even when I would get my butt kicked by my father as a teenager many years ago. I ALWAYS thought for myself and still do. There were some things I knew was bullshit and it turned out to be bullshit just as I thought. By the way, the only type of guns I would EVER own are unregistered ones.....there are ways to legally obtain them too....... :wicked:

Problem?....What the hell is the problem? As I see it, I am simply thinking for myself. Now...I have no problem with a rule if it makes sense. However, if it puts me at risk uneededly, which taking my gun would, I will find a way to get around, over, burrow under, or destroy any rule that is stupid and needs to be defeated...simply put. :Hmm:

Well, that impressed the life out of me ... no wonder you all need guns...

Can you say 'neoteny'? I like the way you say that...

The primary purpose of a gun is for killing other human beings and when in the wrong hands, they are capable of doing mass damage.

Jubilant,

You forgot something else guns are used for...they aren not just for killing other humans, but there are dangerous animals. I have seen them used to kill a rabid dog before it bit someone and gave them rabies. I have seen them used for of course hunting, my father-in-law used them to hunt elk which fed my wife's family when she was growing up in Montana. They did not make alot of money and they actually ate the wild game that he shot. Beef was expensive so he would always fervently try to get an elk and freeze the meat from it every year.

You get a lot of Elk in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco? Same with rabid dogs?

Addendum: I don't know many people who are setting out to kill an animal like an elk with a hand gun, nor can I see why a proper hunter needs a semi converted to fully auto...

Problem?....What the hell is the problem? As I see it, I am simply thinking for myself. Now...I have no problem with a rule if it makes sense. However, if it puts me at risk uneededly, which taking my gun would, I will find a way to get around, over, burrow under, or destroy any rule that is stupid and needs to be defeated...simply put. :Hmm:

Well, that impressed the life out of me ... no wonder you all need guns...

Can you say 'neoteny'? I like the way you say that...

OK..not trying to be a smart-ass, but what the hell would you do with a rule if that rule put you in danger? Forget the gun issue for a minute, it is obvious we have a difference of opinion on that, but let's say your government was going to make you do something that unneededly put you at risk and did not give a shit what you thought or felt about it...what the hell would you do?

The whole post was just reeking of bragging immaturity. The fact someone that gloating can own a gun bothers me... however, give me an example of what you mean...

Jubilant,

You forgot something else guns are used for...they aren not just for killing other humans, but there are dangerous animals.

Maybe, but that is not their *primary* purpose and I've lived on this earth for 37 years and have yet to encounter a dangerous animal and that includes here where both you and I live. Also, rabies in America is rare.

I have seen them used to kill a rabid dog before it bit someone and gave them rabies. I have seen them used for of course hunting, my father-in-law used them to hunt elk which fed my wife's family when she was growing up in Montana. They did not make alot of money and they actually ate the wild game that he shot. Beef was expensive so he would always fervently try to get an elk and freeze the meat from it every year.

I grew up in a family of hunters, although I myself am not one. Every now and then I miss the taste of venison but not enough to go hunting.

Rat poison wasn't used to kill 30+ people at one time, nor was a butcher knife, or a match/lighter. A butcher knife wasn't used to pick off innocent drivers as they went down the highway during the Washington Sniper incidents a few years ago. A match wasn't used to kill people the other day at the Target mall shootings either.

Some of these arguments being used to counter strict gun-control or no guns at all do not make any sense. People on both sides have made good arguments but now it seems that many are resorting to Mr. Strawman.

Actually Burnedout has a point on dangerous animals... humans are about the most dangerous animals you can get... :D

I agree about Mr Strawman...

Yes, we can see. Thinking for yourself, by yourself, all about yourself.

I was referring to your childish behaviour and lack of respect, as well as your statement about having unregistered guns - talk about trying to be above the law. It's this type of mentality that worries me about people who are able to get hold of firearms.

As Gramps said - "The whole post was just reeking of bragging immaturity. The fact someone that gloating can own a gun bothers me..."

Lets try to find the topic again:

Stipulation is that firearms are a net positive in a world of unexpected events and persons with ill intent and purposes.

I simply don't care what mental state, problem with his or her momma, mental disconnects, bas life, lousy parenting, bullying, shitty schools, lack of Government intervention or reality the bad_actor has.

If they are presenting a deadly danger to self of loved ones, that said actor must penetrate layers of defence before the firearm is removed from concealment and possibly used.

Then they have aided in making the decision for me in what happens after they have started the aggression.

Intelligent Self Defence is not bravado, bragging or any form of obvious "I'ma gonna KICK YO' ASS, MAN!", things said or done to escalate the problem into a fight, then a street battle for ones life.

It is a way of Life, not something that is practice thrice weekly at dojo in a gi, or at the range with your gun or clubs. Your mind is the best tool owned to prevent as much damage being done to your ass you've got.

Mack Sensei, the master of the School we attend and practice at simply says about fights "Don't be there". Damn good words to avoid getting into events in which few "win".

No one goes out to his or her life and expects to have a horrible VT-esque event happen on their heads and shoulders.

IN that kind of panic and rush, training and equipment are tools meant for your survival, not things designed to impress others.

When it is a survival question, literally "every man for themselves" how you've trained, the mental toughness combined with things practiced will amke all the difference. "Blind Luck" seems to only work for the 'Other Guy'..

Policitcal Reality Check 4567.6B: "Guns exist, get used to them."

I subscribe to the L. Neil Smith School of Zero Aggression Policies. Does not make me a sheep, nor a target. What it does do is helps me control my impulse(s) to go "lay down needed justice" on cretin's heads when angry or pissed off over things I deem *necessary* at time.

One ought to have his or her mind made up a long time prior to any "event" as to what options, potientials and possibilities are out there. Much like Momma taking her kids to park on a beautiful afternoon, even though the kids are carefree, Momma is watching, looking for predators and problems, knows where her resources and exits are, has her bandaid kit handy. "Just in case".

Life requires preparation, "Just in case".

Col. Cooper called this "Living in Condition Orange", being alert, watchful and informed about the immediate surroundings. Person can life live in this state and not become paranoid, nuts or go crazy. Is useful when one finds themselves away from cofortable norms of location.

Bad shit happens. For those who wish to negate risk totally live with a fool's errand, in a world of nice dreams rarely upset by reality.

Choose to live life blissfully unaware......

Until some nut steps in and says "You're NEXT!"....

kFL