Goodbye Jesus

Pretending To Be Christian

Wendybabe

"but my God did it already for me over 2000 years ago"

So which god was this? The Christ sacrifice was between 1967 and 1965 years ago, so it's not that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Japedo

• Former Follier

• R. S. Martin

Guest Florida

So which god was this? The Christ sacrifice was between 1967 and 1965 years ago, so it's not that.

Ok... so it was around 2000 years ago... still works for me. ^_^

So it is the Christ thing... as in the Greek mystery religion based on an Aramaic Terrorist who may or may not have been related to David?

Guest Florida

So it is the Christ thing... as in the Greek mystery religion based on an Aramaic Terrorist who may or may not have been related to David?

It's a personal revelation of the Christ thing, and thanks for asking instead of assuming. Nothing to be confused with the teachings of any terrorists/churches or Greeks that I know of... ;) Oh man... Greek food is good... I'm hungry.

A personal revelation, huh? Kind of like what Joseph Smith and Brigham had? Even if you are a young earth creationist, isn't it a little late in the game to have revelations about the meaning of life or to become spiritally enlightened?

Guest Florida
A personal revelation, huh? Kind of like what Joseph Smith and Brigham had? Even if you are a young earth creationist, isn't it a little late in the game to have revelations about the meaning of life or to become spiritally enlightened?

Late? I don't plan on dying so the game goes on... hey wait a minute! I thought you left... ^_^

It's a personal revelation of the Christ thing, and thanks for asking instead of assuming. Nothing to be confused with the teachings of any terrorists/churches or Greeks that I know of... ;) Oh man... Greek food is good... I'm hungry.

most of the Christian teachings aren't possible to communicate in the orginal Aramaic, and are wholly Classical Greek in origin. It depends how literally one takes things. The Triune 'three in one' god is alien to Jewish thought, and is a late doctrine to make Jesus=God... which wouldn't fly in Aramaic thought since the language won't support the concept (as analogy: imagine those groups who have words for one, two, three, and more than three, trying to explain the concept of the twelve times multiplication table...)

However, as a mystical model, it works for altered states, since the same template worked for Grecian Mysticism, Indian Mysticism et al... Purely metaphorical... subjective reality only stuff. Personal enlightenment in a theistic Buddhist sense (call it Hinduism for a better description since the Vedas were the source of the Classical Period Grecian mystery cults). It works even as Sparian/Hineian Chaos Magick(sic... I'll never forgive Aleister Crowley for that, but I digress), at least in theory. The mystical passage of birth, the quest, death, the underworld and resurrection is a leitmotif of such mystery cults...

So are we discussing wholly subjective experience here, or something which occurs in objective reality?

So are we discussing wholly subjective experience here, or something which occurs in objective reality?

Harley, that's an excellent post! I didn't know you could think so deep or write such long passages. Most of the time I get so pissed off by your posts I've just stopped reading them. This one was worth it. It is with eagerness that I await the outcome of this tussle with asparagus head, also known as the "state that looks like a limp penis" (credit to Taph*) or Florida to be more accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if this bunch of protoplasm sat behind a monitor in Scottland.

*Let me clarify. That credit is for Taph's decription of the shape of the state of Florida on her avatar.

There are few topics than involve me engaging more than second gear...

The only time I pretend to be a Christian is the rare event where I am accosted by street evangelicals and I don't have time to engage them more deeply. They say something like, "Do you know your Lord and Saviour?" And I say, "Sure! Jesus rocks!" It's the best way to get them the hell out of my face. Other than that I just don't engage the thing. Truth is, I don't give a damn about Jesus anymore. I don't even care enough to hate the idea of him.

Guest Florida

most of the Christian teachings aren't possible to communicate in the orginal Aramaic, and are wholly Classical Greek in origin. It depends how literally one takes things. The Triune 'three in one' god is alien to Jewish thought, and is a late doctrine to make Jesus=God... which wouldn't fly in Aramaic thought since the language won't support the concept (as analogy: imagine those groups who have words for one, two, three, and more than three, trying to explain the concept of the twelve times multiplication table...)

However, as a mystical model, it works for altered states, since the same template worked for Grecian Mysticism, Indian Mysticism et al... Purely metaphorical... subjective reality only stuff. Personal enlightenment in a theistic Buddhist sense (call it Hinduism for a better description since the Vedas were the source of the Classical Period Grecian mystery cults). It works even as Sparian/Hineian Chaos Magick(sic... I'll never forgive Aleister Crowley for that, but I digress), at least in theory. The mystical passage of birth, the quest, death, the underworld and resurrection is a leitmotif of such mystery cults...

I'd say it was more like a wanting to live instead of wanting to die experience. I don't plan on starting my own cult.

Guest Florida
*Let me clarify. That credit is for Taph's decription of the shape of the state of Florida on her avatar.

Thanks for explaining to me what a "limp" penis looks like Ruby... I'd forgotten. Now... about that hard-on you have for me...?

Sorry I missed your post here Japedo. I understand this is a haven for those recovering from a cult. I have recovered from it as well for 9 years and in an unusual way. I have no motives in trying to win any converts to my beliefs, since it would be easier to die than escape the cult the way I have.

I did not come here intending to argue in a lions den. I'm trying to see where you think I am being "cryptic" but I can't seem to find it. That I choose not to tell my whole life story and beliefs here all at once and to every Tom, Dick and Harry here is my choice. I'm just trying to get to know people and feel them out.

If you think I am trying to win anyone back to the church of the god of hell and death... you are sorely mistaken. I would forgive you for your mistake... but my God did it already for me over 2000 years ago. ;)

You make assumptions also, but I'll digress.

You were being cryptic when you made a statement in a section of Ex-C called "Ex-Christian life" and were simply asked to clarify the statement. No one here asked you for your "whole life story and beliefs", stop exaggerating... You were asked to clarify something you took the time to say. Your posts of I don't have to answer because I can, but anyone wanting to know he truth can talk to me in private is being cryptic. If you don't wish to be forthcoming, that's fine, but don't make a post if you're not prepared to clarify. Or Do make the post, refuse to clarify and take the heat for it and cry like a victim (Which seems to be the road you're taking?) :shrug: anyways, no skin off my nose. You make your own reputation here. I don't know you from a hole in the wall and nothing personal just saying how you're coming across.

You can feel the people out here, people are very open about much here. We also welcome new comers, What we don't welcome is new comers coming here and making snippy snide condescending comments then playing the victim because their called to the floor. You made another comment on another thread you commented on telling someone to get a job because you didn't understand what they were saying, Funny way of wanting to get to know people if you ask me, but whatever.

I don't wish for your forgiveness, nor do I feel I have wronged you in anyway, I'm stating the behavior I see coming out of your posting name. I agree with Former Follier, You've typed some umpteen posts but you haven't really said much to this point that I've read. But I haven't read past this post I'm typing to... so I may recant that later.

To be continued...

We also welcome new comers

Thanks then for the warm "welcomes" from "We" Japedo.

Again with the condescending tone. There have been a more then a few people who have "welcomed " you here, They are all upstanding members of Ex-C. More then one consists a "We"... Also I've been here a while and know that by and large the overwhelming majority of participants and people here are warm, welcoming understanding souls who I'm personally proud to be part of. I don't think I'm out of line saying We as a group, It's the truth.

Your welcome

"people here are warm, welcoming understanding souls "

Except for me and and I'm a mad Limey jerk... :D Strange to say, my mother and close friends agree...

"people here are warm, welcoming understanding souls "

Except for me and and I'm a mad Limey jerk... :D Strange to say, my mother and close friends agree...

I will admit Gramps... You sometimes love to jerk peoples chains. There however is a charm about ya that's growing on me.

Guest Florida

Again with the condescending tone. There have been a more then a few people who have "welcomed " you here, They are all upstanding members of Ex-C. More then one consists a "We"... Also I've been here a while and know that by and large the overwhelming majority of participants and people here are warm, welcoming understanding souls who I'm personally proud to be part of. I don't think I'm out of line saying We as a group, It's the truth.

Your welcome

You haven't "heard" my tone at all Japetto. I didn't leave one cult to join another "We" cult. I'm free by golly and I'm going to stay that way. Will you try to change who I am so I will fit into your idea of the perfect x-christian cult? I have found some warm people here despite the ones who have serious conforming issues.

Your welcome

You haven't "heard" my tone at all Japetto. I didn't leave one cult to join another "We" cult. I'm free by golly and I'm going to stay that way. Will you try to change who I am so I will fit into your idea of the perfect x-christian cult? I have found some warm people here despite the ones who have serious conforming issues.

And there, me exotic, green beauty, you've hit the nail square on the head. Some habits are hard to break, and a measure of tolerance (me? Preaching about tolerance? With my reputation? Are you mad?) for people who need things regimented... it's why I yank chains from time to time.... Escaping from the yoke of a cult doesn't mean on sheds all the indoctrinated habits and behaviours over night... I view this as a 12 step plan for some people here... I think it was Aristotle who said give me the boy up to the age of 7, and I'll give you the man... well, we have people trying to drag themselves out of the hole that their programming put them in. (and some of it makes the brain washing methods used by the Eastern Bloc and Asiatic countries seem tame... Hell, if the devil existed, he'd have given it up long ago since man exceeds him in all ways for creating a hell...) Effectively, this is Alcoholic's Anonymous for Jesus Ex-Buds.

Now, I'm not saying to cut any slack over that, just to hold it in the back of your mind when someone comes for you with a clenched fist. Slap 'em down by all means, but remember, we're dealing with pretty damaged people at times.

During one of my darker patches, I ended up in a place with a lot of PTSD people. You woke them from the door, you never came up behind them, you didn't slam doors... If one flashed back, you put them down as hard as you could, but remembered it wasn't personal, and there really is only one way out of a hole unless you're digging hard. Some days for some people are worse than others... but here I am preaching at the choir... :D

having said there, there are people who were born arseholes and will remain like it the remainder of their days ;) We're both old enough,tough enough, and ugly enough to make up our own minds about who's who in that category...

Many of us have "heard" enough out of you to come to our own conlcusions about your mission here. When you logged onto Ex-C for the first time, I hope you weren't thinking that you would be joining a "cult" or even a group with the same doctrinal beliefs, disbeliefs or unbeliefs. We are all very unique individuals with only one thing in common: the moniker of this site. We are all, to some degree, ex-Christians. That's where it begins and ends.

The fact that we all congregate here is first and foremost as a support group for those who are just finding themselves in the tumultuous state of deconversion; having been there, we can offer much-needed guidance and relay personal experiences to these people, many of which are little more than children. We are also here as a support group for one another. We find a great deal of comfort in the company of fellow non-believers due to the fact that many of us are surrounded by nothing but Christians in day-to-day life. This is our escape.

There are other apologists on this site and all of them were welcomed when they first joined. Their current standing depends on how they conduct themselves.

I don't want to speak for others in this group but my problem with your entry was the measure of glee you displayed in posting some of the most cryptic and indecipherable posts I've seen from a newcomer. When I asked you to explain your stance further, you accuse me of demanding your life story. I'm sorry but if you don't want to be welcomed or accepted by this group then why exactly do you continue to post here? You are under no obligation to frequent this site. :nono:

Guest Florida
And there, me exotic, green beauty, you've hit the nail square on the head.

You hit it again and oh so much more eloquently than I did, Sir Harley.

Guest Florida
I'm sorry but if you don't want to be welcomed or accepted by this group then why exactly do you continue to post here? You are under no obligation to frequent this site. :nono:

... and you are under no obligation to read my posts. I have a feeling that they are way too cryptic and mysterious for you to understand them anyhoo.

And there, me exotic, green beauty, you've hit the nail square on the head.

You hit it again and oh so much more eloquently than I did, Sir Harley.

I try...

You know very well what I was getting at by the "we". You deliberately remain obtuse and attempt to be coy about it. That's fine, I'm not playing however. There is nothing at all cultish about Ex-C. Why would you come here in the first place if you thought we were a cult? There is Zero dogma and Zero Doctrine. Each is their own individual person. You like being an attention seeker and a drama queen who am I ta try to stop ya? Be my guest and happy typing.

I see you have issues spelling my name, you can call me Jap in the future if it's easier for ya! :)

CATFIGHT!!!

Cat_Fight.jpg