• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Japedo

• Former Follier

• R. S. Martin

I think I get the 'joke' with Madame Florida!

Forgive me. I couldn't resist.

Hell, if I had that on my photobucket, I'd have used it...

It just seemed so... appropriate.

It just seemed so... appropriate.

Handbags at dawn, dearie

O.K. someone asked me, 3 pages back before this thread was highjacked, how I do it. It is easy, I have a very deap extensive knowledge on the Bible and Christian culture.I know alll the catch phrases, verses ect...btw I got an e-mail at work about a co-worker who is described as a "true Patriot" well her husband has been called up for service in Iraq and I am supose to remember them in my prayers. Another co-worker's "policeman" husband was hurt while on duty, so now I am obligated to feel really gratefull to this person and enquire about his knee operation. Who gives a FUCK???? The guy has great benefits, he is going to rehab for the next 12 months on full pay. Police here get 60-100 grand without a college education. But I'm suppose to be grateful! Why the Fuck are they better than other people? You are right I don't know how long I am just going to fake it!!!!!

O.K. someone asked me, 3 pages back before this thread was highjacked, how I do it. It is easy, I have a very deap extensive knowledge on the Bible and Christian culture.I know alll the catch phrases, verses ect...btw I got an e-mail at work about a co-worker who is described as a "true Patriot" well her husband has been called up for service in Iraq and I am supose to remember them in my prayers. Another co-worker's "policeman" husband was hurt while on duty, so now I am obligated to feel really gratefull to this person and enquire about his knee operation. Who gives a FUCK???? The guy has great benefits, he is going to rehab for the next 12 months on full pay. Police here get 60-100 grand without a college education. But I'm suppose to be grateful! Why the Fuck are they better than other people? You are right I don't know how long I am just going to fake it!!!!!

My Deepest apologies Wendy for being a part of the highjack.

My personal opinion is You should be proud of who you as there is only one of you in the entire world. Never pretend your something your not, you'll live to please everyone around you aside from yourself. What kind of life is that in the end? I wouldn't hide the fact that your You, wear it proudly, tell anyone that doesn't agree to take a hike.

I believe there needs to be a balance of giving and taking in life. Doing 100% of either/or; one will either burn out from giving, being under appreciated, taken for granted and advantage of or be outcast for being to needy or a burden on people and always taking and never contributing. Neither extreme is good. You can feel for the guys but one can not live their life riddled with guilt and praying for every being under the sun. It's not feasible. Every single human on this planet has problems, tragedies and issues, we can't help everyone as we also can't please everyone. You're going to burn out and over load giving every last inch of yourself to please the huge world and all the grief in it, even going as far as pretending your someone else to please others.

As you say, I don't know how long a person can last doing that. Life is literally to short to not take advantage of it.

Again... I'm really sorry.

Well said Japedo.

Well, I was in hiding until this year about being an atheist and telling my ex-roommate who was a fundy I was Christian when he asked because I was scared of the response. I've really grown up since then and am prepared to face whatveer now, I'm an open atheist, I don't care now, I do regret hiding it from people in the past, but for me it's time to be a man about things like atheism, I'm 18 years old, it's time to step up about these tihngs, and I'm glad I have.

As long as you have to pretend, I say do it. Most Christians themselves are pretending. You can take comfort in knowing that no matter how perfect they pretend to be, they're all fucked up inside. We know that things aren't right in this world, and acknowledging what's wrong with it keeps us sane. The Christian isn't allowed this freedom. If they acknowledge how fucked up things are, they risk the danger of pushing God's buttons and getting royally screwed in the ass by him.

Advance as much as you can in your career, earning respect along the way, then when you feel it's safe, go ahead and reveal that you did it all without God. You'll turn heads. The ones that are worth your company (Christians and non) will then talk to you openly about it and listen to what you have to say. The rest will hate you, but who gives a fuck about them anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
For the last year I have been living a lie. I started a new job (I am a schoolteacher) last year. All the other teachers in my grade level are Christians. I left a school where I had no friendships (Mostly because of personality) So I made a point to really watch my words, etc.... Currently I am attending School at night, trying to get my masters degree. I have been assigned projects with Christians. Again in order to get along and ahead I have been just pretending to agree with everyone. My question is, Do you think I am doing something wrong?

I can understand your predicament, but no, no. It's not worth pretending.

You have a right to be yourself! You deserve to be you!

You shouldn't suppress your personality to toe the line with extreme fundies like this.