Goodbye Jesus

Is Atheism Against The Law?

dr_funkenstein

Maybe space-time as well as matter and energy existed before our universe. In some very weird way. Matter and energy are not created or destroyed.

Sorry, but that is not right. Space-time as we know it, and the way we can experience it, started with the Big Bang (at least that's what scientists think). And I think we have to agree if Big Bang really occured. My understanding is that the theoretical math that is connected to it requires it to be so. The only way to have space-time before BB is to remove the whole theory of BB. What you probably are thinking about is that there could be a different kind of space and time, a super or virtual time, and multidimensional space etc, that could be, but just to clarify, our space-time requires this universe, which started with BB.

And when it comes to matter and energy and if it can be created or destroyed, well, matter actually can be destroyed and created and it is happening all the time right now. Energy can not be destroyed or created, but it can be transformed. When people say "matter can't be created or destroyed" they confuse chemical laws with quantum mechanical laws. In chemistry you mix matter that are not created or destroyed, so this law applies only when you're on a chemical level of experiment and theory. But scientists do create and destroy matter today in particle accelerators. And you do it in nuclear reactors too. According to the science of cosmology, the element iron is formed in stars. Think about the formula E=mc^2 that Einstein came up with, it means: amount of energy equals the mass times the square of the speed of light. i.e. matter consists of energy, matter is energy.

Congrats Gramps. That's the first time I've ever had to look something up since I've been on this site.

Caduceus:

caduceus.jpg

I once dated a girl who could more or less inscribe that pattern with the tip of her tongue... So many happy memories....

You know, it's posts like these keep my hope alive. :grin:

She was the one I think could peel a hard boiled egg just using her pelvic floor muscles... Ballet dancer... so VERY many happy memories...

Maybe space-time as well as matter and energy existed before our universe. In some very weird way. Matter and energy are not created or destroyed.

What you probably are thinking about is that there could be a different kind of space and time, a super or virtual time, and multidimensional space etc, that could be, but just to clarify, our space-time requires this universe, which started with BB.

Yes. Thank you for correcting me. Yea this is what I meant.

And when it comes to matter and energy and if it can be created or destroyed, well, matter actually can be destroyed and created and it is happening all the time right now. Energy can not be destroyed or created, but it can be transformed. When people say "matter can't be created or destroyed" they confuse chemical laws with quantum mechanical laws. In chemistry you mix matter that are not created or destroyed, so this law applies only when you're on a chemical level of experiment and theory. But scientists do create and destroy matter today in particle accelerators. And you do it in nuclear reactors too. According to the science of cosmology, the element iron is formed in stars. Think about the formula E=mc^2 that Einstein came up with, it means: amount of energy equals the mass times the square of the speed of light. i.e. matter consists of energy, matter is energy.

Thank you. I think of matter and energy kinda like I think of water and ice. Matter/Energy.

Did anyone read that sites section on those who mock the website. I bet he considers all forms of criticism as mockery.

Yeah, I looked at that after you mentioned it. Just more "humble exalted/prideful damned" mantra that comes from the Bible (what do you know, my least favorite part!). If you can't take criticism, then don't say anything at all.

I bet he takes criticism of his views personally as well.

Don't forget there's the mathematical construct 'imaginary' space time, that uses i time and Bosmann numbers.

I'm not sure I can decode the grammar at the end...

If, according to the definition we've given the universe, something exists outside normal space time, then it still exists within the universe. Doesn't it?

The point itself may or may not be valid, but at least I can understand what he's trying to say. Hope this makes it clearer.