Goodbye Jesus

Why Not Just Admit You Don't Know?

DarthOkkata

Thinking is a good thing if it is creative.

Care to give an example of non-creative thinking?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Gary Thompson

• NotBlinded

• DarthOkkata

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Florida

The get a job thing was a joke. (Notice wink)

Sorry white raven, I was talking about Darths post there... but you seem to be a little up-tight yourself... so... go ahead... get it all out. ;)

Guest Florida

Thinking that goes no where. Pigeon hole thinking. Angry thinking is good, if it's not aimed like a gun.

The stuff that goes on in most of the Proles' minds... but I hate everyone...

Thinking that goes no where. Pigeon hole thinking. Angry thinking is good, if it's not aimed like a gun.

Hmmm. :scratch: I see...

Second time you've made me look something up Gramps. But an incredibly accurate comparison.

Second time you've made me look something up Gramps. But an incredibly accurate comparison.

Bad habit of mine... I'll try and reel it in...

But I really don't agree with Orwell (in the mouth of Winston Smith) that the Proles are the future (paraphrase)

Bad habit of mine... I'll try and reel it in...

No, no. Call me a geek but I like learning new and relatively obscure things.

post-3092-1178308224_thumb.jpg

Guest Florida
But I really don't agree with Orwell (in the mouth of Winston Smith) that the Proles are the future (paraphrase)

I just watched the coolest silent movie,"Metropolis". There were two classes of people, "Thinkers" who lived in luxury above ground and then the "Workers" who toiled and lived underground.

Not the ghastly tinted version with the score by Giorgio Moroder... The restored one with the original score is much better... I'm a bit of a Lang fan...

Only the second??? Just wait... :HaHa:

While I may pass off as stoopid, I am incredubously intelimagent and have a high general noledge.

The only two things that Gramps caught me out with were the Cadeceus and the Proles.

Guest Florida
Not the ghastly tinted version with the score by Giorgio Moroder... The restored one with the original score is much better... I'm a bit of a Lang fan...

I watched the restored version but it's still too bad that so much of the original film has been lost. I'm about to watch Langs first talkie "M".

While I may pass off as stoopid, I am incredubously intelimagent and have a high general noledge.

The only two things that Gramps caught me out with were the Cadeceus and the Proles.

Oh, shit man...I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything toward your intelligence at all!

Sorry 'bout that!

I had just told him in another thread that he sure makes me google a lot. :HaHa:

Oh, shit man...I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything toward your intelligence at all!

Sorry 'bout that!

I had just told him in another thread that he sure makes me google a lot. :HaHa:

No prob. But just between us, I think this is part of a secret evil conspiracy to overload google's servers with unimaginable bandwidth.

No prob. But just between us, I think this is part of a secret evil conspiracy to overload google's servers with unimaginable bandwidth.

:scratch:

You know, I think you're on to something. That Gramps is a capricious fellow. We never know which part of him we're dealing with.

:HaHa:

(just teasin' GH!)

You should get a new mascot, one that looks less tortured on display, and also less Italian. Jesus was a Jew.

You must have me confused with someone who tortured you. Also, I have no idea about what the heck you are ranting about and am thinking that you have way to much time on your hands. Please get a job. :wink:

Ah.....

"Get a job (or another job....an assumption of unemployment in members would be presumptuous and ignorant of course) you have too much time on your hands."

Do you even realize what you are saying?

"You think too much"

"If you were doing more, you wouldn't have time to question god"

"I don't think you should question god."

"God is in me."

"When you question god, you are questioning me."

"You shouldn't question me (I'm god)."

"If you had more to do, you wouldn't have time or opportunity to ask questions or make comments that bother me, because if I had more to do, I wouldn't have time to think, so you cannot be any different."

Nice.

And this post is coming from a member who makes over 47,000 a year...not including the 22% of gross going directly into a 401K. Yet I seem to find time to think.

The get a job thing was a joke. (Notice wink) I was trying to get you to lighten up. From what I could make of your post, it was frighteningly up-tight. Thinking is a good thing if it is creative.

A lot of truth in couched in "jokes", and you try to imply that your reference to unemployment was a "joke", but humor like that tends to expose biases and prejudices pretty well. After all you think it's funny for a reason, or there wouldn't be any point typing that particular bit o' humor. After all...you could have just as easily suggested a multitude of alternate pasttimes. Go fly a kite, go visit your grandma, go ride your bike, etc. Many of which, would have been more cute and more amusing than "get a job" which carries a derisive assuption about the person it is directed at, as in the implication they need employment, or do not have employment to begin with.

And as for your assessment of my earlier post being "too uptight".....well, you are entitled to your own opinion. It does not mean I'm obligated in any way to "lighten" my posts, or suddenly start injecting fart humor into what I want to convey. It also doesn't make what I said earlier, or what I say now less worthwhile or meaningful.

Wit has it's place, but I do try to avoid it when extrapolating cultural or personal biases from what a person has said. Because If I tell you to boink a monkey in the middle of what I'm trying to say, that is all you will remember. Your mind will be filled with boinking monkeys, instead of becoming aware of biases you are exposing that perhaps you did not realize you had about the people you are talking to. The opportunity to look closer into oneself is lost in the sea of monkey boinking.

See what I mean?

Guest Florida
You should get a new mascot, one that looks less tortured on display, and also less Italian. Jesus was a Jew.

You must have me confused with someone who tortured you. Also, I have no idea about what the heck you are ranting about and am thinking that you have way to much time on your hands. Please get a job. :wink:

Ah.....

"Get a job (or another job....an assumption of unemployment in members would be presumptuous and ignorant of course) you have too much time on your hands."

Do you even realize what you are saying?

"You think too much"

"If you were doing more, you wouldn't have time to question god"

"I don't think you should question god."

"God is in me."

"When you question god, you are questioning me."

"You shouldn't question me (I'm god)."

"If you had more to do, you wouldn't have time or opportunity to ask questions or make comments that bother me, because if I had more to do, I wouldn't have time to think, so you cannot be any different."

Nice.

And this post is coming from a member who makes over 47,000 a year...not including the 22% of gross going directly into a 401K. Yet I seem to find time to think.

The get a job thing was a joke. (Notice wink) I was trying to get you to lighten up. From what I could make of your post, it was frighteningly up-tight. Thinking is a good thing if it is creative.

A lot of truth in couched in "jokes", and you try to imply that your reference to unemployment was a "joke", but humor like that tends to expose biases and prejudices pretty well. After all you think it's funny for a reason, or there wouldn't be any point typing that particular bit o' humor. After all...you could have just as easily suggested a multitude of alternate pasttimes. Go fly a kite, go visit your grandma, go ride your bike, etc. Many of which, would have been more cute and more amusing than "get a job" which carries a derisive assuption about the person it is directed at, as in the implication they need employment, or do not have employment to begin with.

And as for your assessment of my earlier post being "too uptight".....well, you are entitled to your own opinion. It does not mean I'm obligated in any way to "lighten" my posts, or suddenly start injecting fart humor into what I want to convey. It also doesn't make what I said earlier, or what I say now less worthwhile or meaningful.

Wit has it's place, but I do try to avoid it when extrapolating cultural or personal biases from what a person has said. Because If I tell you to boink a monkey in the middle of what I'm trying to say, that is all you will remember. Your mind will be filled with boinking monkeys, instead of becoming aware of biases you are exposing that perhaps you did not realize you had about the people you are talking to. The opportunity to look closer into oneself is lost in the sea of monkey boinking.

See what I mean?

No.

<Snipped for size>

See what I mean?

No.

That's a shame.

Guest Florida

<Snipped for size>

See what I mean?

No.

That's a shame.

Sorry, but I don't have any...

<Snipped for size>

See what I mean?

No.

That's a shame.

Sorry, but I don't have any...

Neither do I. I'd advise against taking anything I post too seriously. I have trouble being serious on the internet.

At any rate, are you sure you're not a Satanist? A lot of what you've been posting about your beliefs sounds similiar to their fundamentals. [i'm not trying to be insulting here.]

"I'm my own god", and the 'do things for yourself, no eitherial power is going to help' thing you seem to have in particular.

I stand by my feelings about theism of any stripe. I find the idea downright silly, and lacking in logic or reason. The problems within the bible are just a result of that, not the cause. As far as I'm concerned, 'faith' is just an excuse not to think about certain things. Death, and the origins/limited existence of the universe in particular.

I find the belief in Jesus unfulfilling on any level, but I do like the attitude you seem to have about getting things done if nothing else.

You do get a bit weird [even for a christian] though in the way you convey your philosophies. I don't mind weird though.

If nothing else, you're an interesting addition to the mix here. Then again, I'm pretty new myself.

I will tell you nothing that "the church of the assimilated christians of hell and death" would tell you.

Ok, fair enough, but understand something, when you say things like this, you are essentially saying that YOU are a "real" Christian, while all those "other" christians have false beliefs.

Of course many of those "other" Christians would say the same thing of you.

In the end I can do nothing but laugh when people such as yourself show up telling us that you really understand god and others Christians don't,

As far as I'm concerned all you are doing is arguing about the size of unicorn horns. :grin:

Guest Florida
Neither do I. I'd advise against taking anything I post too seriously. I have trouble being serious on the internet.

At any rate, are you sure you're not a Satanist? A lot of what you've been posting about your beliefs sounds similiar to their fundamentals. [i'm not trying to be insulting here.]

"I'm my own god", and the 'do things for yourself, no eitherial power is going to help' thing you seem to have in particular.

I stand by my feelings about theism of any stripe. I find the idea downright silly, and lacking in logic or reason. The problems within the bible are just a result of that, not the cause. As far as I'm concerned, 'faith' is just an excuse not to think about certain things. Death, and the origins/limited existence of the universe in particular.

I find the belief in Jesus unfulfilling on any level, but I do like the attitude you seem to have about getting things done if nothing else.

You do get a bit weird [even for a christian] though in the way you convey your philosophies. I don't mind weird though.

If nothing else, you're an interesting addition to the mix here. Then again, I'm pretty new myself.

Hey, I respect all beliefs but those forced upon us through fear. I never said I was "my own god" and I am not a satanist, though many Christian's have said that I am of the devil because I don't acknowledge the power of a satan or beg God for anything. I believe that Love is God and that love dwells inside us somewhere... whether we acknowledge it as God or not.

So yeah, I'll be the first one to admit that I'm weird... and when I see people getting way too serious about something I like to break it up a bit. ^_^ This has been a fun first day.

Thanks

Guest Florida
I will tell you nothing that "the church of the assimilated christians of hell and death" would tell you.

Ok, fair enough, but understand something, when you say things like this, you are essentially saying that YOU are a "real" Christian, while all those "other" christians have false beliefs.

Of course many of those "other" Christians would say the same thing of you.

In the end I can do nothing but laugh when people such as yourself show up telling us that you really understand god and others Christians don't,

As far as I'm concerned all you are doing is arguing about the size of unicorn horns. :grin:

I don't consider myself a Christian at all and I really could give a rats ass what Christians would say. I don't believe I've had a chance to "argue" with anyone here yet... I'm still trying to squeeze my big boobs into this place.

Hey, I respect all beliefs but those forced upon us through fear. I never said I was "my own god" and I am not a satanist, though many Christian's have said that I am of the devil because I don't acknowledge the power of a satan or beg God for anything. I believe that Love is God and that love dwells inside us somewhere... whether we acknowledge it as God or not.

So yeah, I'll be the first one to admit that I'm weird... and when I see people getting way too serious about something I like to break it up a bit. ^_^ This has been a fun first day.

Thanks

I don't think you understand what a Satanist really is. Christians [or those with that slant of religious education] rarely do, so I'm not trying to make it sound like you're stupid or anything. It's not really Devil worship so much as empowerment, and not answering to a specific being.

Satanist believe that 'satan' is a force of nature, not an actual being.

It's got a few good core beliefs, and doesn't involve sacrifice, or even blood letting. There are a lot of misconceptions involved, much like Wicca, thanks to film and propaganda. It's actually a lot like Wicca, but with a slight mean streak.

It also involves a belief in magic, and a few hokey practices, such as dolls with pins and the like. It's just as hokey as any other religion I've found. I don't put much stock in spirits of any kind.

After all, if who we really are is a spiritual etherial being that lives on forever. How do you explain memory loss, mental disorders [after birth], and senile people?

After all, if you really are a 'spirit' how does something as small as a chemical change in your phisical body, change who you are so much? Shouldn't your memories be held forever in your spirit, and who you are remain uneffected by it?

If your spirit doesn't hold your memories and isn't who you really are, what's the point of being judged? Isn't that kind of like giving a human vegetable the death penalty? Well, worse than that if you think about it...

Seems flaky to me.

I don't consider myself a Christian at all and I really could give a rats ass what Christians would say. I don't believe I've had a chance to "argue" with anyone here yet... I'm still trying to squeeze my big boobs into this place.

either way, you seem to be claiming to understand or know who god is better than other people (unless I'm just totally misunderstanding you), which still sounds like debating the size of unicorn horns as far as I'm concerned.

Not really trying to argue with you, nor am I angry with you...its just pointless to tell someone who is an atheist that you understand god better than others...since, as an atheist, I think that "god" is an inherently meaningless word. Just like unicorns, gods are made up, and thus can be anything the imagination wants them to be.