Goodbye Jesus

God Addiction Counseling

Guest The Temple of Reason

Guest The Temple of Reason

Hello all! I'm new this site but I'd like to introduce mself. I've read a lot of posts on here and I've dealt with the same things in my life. I am now a proud atheist, a humanist and a rationalist. I have founded a humanist ministry for the purpose of helping other people find their way out of the trap of religion. Don't take that the wrong way.

All I'm saying is that if anyone wants some advice or just a peron to talk to you can e-mail me or whatever. Its hard to live in a society that constantly hounds people with religion. Its hard to deal with people who assume that you are a bad person because you don't believe like they do.

Its great that there are communities like these to help us all out.

Welcome to hell's waiting room. Atheists, agnostics, pagans and non-morontheists (term coined by Thurizan) are all welcome here.

Welcome to hell's waiting room. Atheists, agnostics, pagans and non-morontheists (term coined by Thurizan) are all welcome here.

LOL! I thought that was a typo in his post.

LOL! I thought that was a typo in his post.

Thurizan's or mine?

both?

both?

Then wouldn't it be "their posts"?

either?

either?

Well you can't say "his" and be refering to two people simultaneously, can you? Technically English is my fourth language (don't ask) so I wouldn't be sure.

Don't ask me... the grammar of the colonies often floors me... ;)

WHAT? Someone can't read my English????

Oh now I get it. English is my second language. That is why I slip into weird grammar once in a while.

Fact of the matter is, I was talking TO Gary ABOUT something Thurisaz said on another post. Since Gary was talking about a weird spelling (I guess intentional coining of new word and not weird spelling) in it (former post), I assumed everyone would know that my comment was a comment on Thurisaz's (his) spelling.

Are you following me?

Long story short: his=Thurisaz

I'm looking at the title of this thread--God Addiction Counseling. I better clarify. His does not mean god; it means Thurisaz.

Have I got folks totally confused now? Oh well, I tend to do that. With time you might get it. If not, you didn't miss much. :shrug:

How did this thread get a "God addiction counseling" title? Didn't it say something else a day or two ago? :huh:

Anyway, welcome. I hope you'll participate in the forums.

Pandora, I think he's offering to help folks if they need help breaking free from addiction to God. Much the same as being addicted to things like alcohol or drugs. At least, that is my guess.

Well, I gathered that, but the thread didn't say that to begin with and I've never been able to edit the thread title of a post originated by me.

Well, I gathered that, but the thread didn't say that to begin with and I've never been able to edit the thread title of a post originated by me.

I can change the thread titles of the ones I started. I don't know why you think this title has been changed. I guess I just didn't notice this thread earlier.

WHAT? Someone can't read my English????

Oh now I get it. English is my second language. That is why I slip into weird grammar once in a while.

Fact of the matter is, I was talking TO Gary ABOUT something Thurisaz said on another post. Since Gary was talking about a weird spelling (I guess intentional coining of new word and not weird spelling) in it (former post), I assumed everyone would know that my comment was a comment on Thurisaz's (his) spelling.

Are you following me?

Long story short: his=Thurisaz

I thought so. I was just making sure, and then Gramps threw me off.

Damn you Gramps! You bastard!

Hobo.jpg

OK, I think this must be an Internet record for hijacking a thread.

I think what the OP is doing is admirable. For some Christians, like any addiction, you just can't go cold turkey, and his idea is analogous to methodone for heroin addicts. They get to still call what they are starting to believe a "ministry" without the annoying nonsense.

Someone should design a nicotine patch for God...call it the "Divinity Patch". It could be a 3 step system to take someone from raving fundie to rational atheist.

Hobo.jpg

You found one of the better pictures of me...

Hobo.jpg

You found one of the better pictures of me...

Better than Mr. Gruff, the atheist goat?

DSC00168.jpg

Me more recently texting babes with Zeus ;)

By God! The resemblance is uncanny!

I'm the one who's dressed...

Oh, right. Nevermind then.

Zeus has the better phone...

Those Greek gods don't fall behind in tech trends.