Kafka And Jesus

Llwellyn

Over at ChristianForums.com, there is a serious problem of abuses by moderators. The average poster there has a long list of "warnings" and "infractions" connected to their account. Even "True Christians" get banned regularly, and it is much worse with skeptics who post on the General Apologetics Subforum.

Here is the Public Staff Appeals Subforum where appeals for rules violations are reviewed. It is very interesting to review some of the proceedings. Take a look at a few! (I think you must be a member to look at the proceedings.)

I doubt there is anything quite like this on the Internet. What other forum is so busy enforcing thought control? The turnover of members is ridiculous, and many of the most senior members have been kicked off never to return. I can't imagine that there are any other forums that remotely compare to what is going on at ChristianForums.com. Infractions are issued without any explanation. Sometimes, if a moderator wishes to ban a member, they will hunt through past posts and collect instances of "flaming" -- which is a very loose definition over there. Sarcasm, black humor, etc. are all grounds for exclusion.

But really, what else do we expect out of a forum centered around a religion of thought control and vindictive retaliation?

I_am_k.jpg

I can't see any threads there...

I'm sorry. You can only look at the voluminous proceedings if you are logged in as a member. It's a simple process if you wish to do this.

I posted at CF for around 2 years under the monniker Garnet2727. I never received a warning. A couple of my posts were modified when I let slip a dammit or something like that. Some of the threads I started were closed, but each time it was basically because of the behavior of Christians...go figure.

I have, however, seen the heavy handed moderation and I'm not quite sure what I did to avoid it. I certainly didn't stay away from controversy.

I quit posting there a while ago. Not because of the moderation, but because I got tired of seeing the same things over and over and over again in GA from both Christians and non-Christians. And I need to have some "Christian-free" time in my life right now. I can't stand being around 'em any more. Yeah, I've got issues.

Worthy Boards (http://www.worthyboards.com) is another Christian forum that is heavily censored. I left there a long time ago for that reason. The behavior of the moderators on either site doesn't really surprise me. Christians have to avoid truth and facts like the plague in order to maintain faith in their absurd religion. Fundamentalist Christianity is a mind-control cult, and independent thinking and learning must be strongly discouraged or simply avoided at all costs.

The same is true on CARM where I am banned so regularly, I can almost set my watch by it.

Its random and insane. They will literaly ban as you are composing a reply to an imoral fundie who refuses to support their batshit insane accusations of everything from homosexuality to canibalism.

And you are told you are banned for "personal attack-2nd infraction".

They did however change the system to prevent banned people from complaining about it.

So you get banned for a week, and there is NO way to get it overturned befor the week is over.

(I think they got fed up with my constantly demanding to know why they were doing it to me)

My month long ban from CF runs out tonight, as it happens. I managed to rack up 4 infraction points in the space of about a fortnight. So I'll be back to my usual addictive posting in no time, I'm sure. :HaHa:

I can't remember what most of them were for, but I know the last one was for calling the Catholic Church's views about sex naive and comparing them to a child's belief that babies are delivered by storks. Then I said they had no right to drag us down to the 12th century with them, and pointed out that most Catholics (fortunately) ignore the Vatican.

Oh, and I think I said anyone who needs the threat of hell and promise of heaven to make the right choice is a heartless monster totally lacking in morality.

I try to be careful...sometimes I can't help myself. :shrug:

And Crime and Punishment was written by Dostoevsky, not Kafka...unless I'm misunderstanding the allusion there?

The same is true on CARM where I am banned so regularly, I can almost set my watch by it.

Its random and insane. They will literaly ban as you are composing a reply to an imoral fundie who refuses to support their batshit insane accusations of everything from homosexuality to canibalism.

And you are told you are banned for "personal attack-2nd infraction".

They did however change the system to prevent banned people from complaining about it.

So you get banned for a week, and there is NO way to get it overturned befor the week is over.

(I think they got fed up with my constantly demanding to know why they were doing it to me)

Same for me. on CARM I think I have more warnings and suspensions than I do actual posts. Maybe it is because I'm an atheist, who knows. This is why i consider ExC my "home" webboard.

My month long ban from CF runs out tonight, as it happens. I managed to rack up 4 infraction points in the space of about a fortnight. So I'll be back to my usual addictive posting in no time, I'm sure. :HaHa:

I can't remember what most of them were for, but I know the last one was for calling the Catholic Church's views about sex naive and comparing them to a child's belief that babies are delivered by storks. Then I said they had no right to drag us down to the 12th century with them, and pointed out that most Catholics (fortunately) ignore the Vatican.

Oh, and I think I said anyone who needs the threat of hell and promise of heaven to make the right choice is a heartless monster totally lacking in morality.

I try to be careful...sometimes I can't help myself. :shrug:

And Crime and Punishment was written by Dostoevsky, not Kafka...unless I'm misunderstanding the allusion there?

We could throw 'Waiting for Godot' into the mix and we'd have all the bases covered... :D