Goodbye Jesus

Was Attacked For Anti Slogan...

Red_Pyramid

Friday evening at the gym I was attacked and mugged. On my car that night I had the logo "Fuck The Skull of Jesus" on the back of my car, along with an emblem that said "Sinner". I pulled in to a parking lot and proceeded, after putting my shoes on, to the front door. As I was behind my car, a red van was in front of me and the passangers were all questioning what I had written on the back of my car. I told them and they asked why, I said " Because I think Jesus sucks", the car was in a chorus of discussion. I told them I didn't have time to talk right now (and I didn't). As I was walking up the side walk to the front door one of them was out of the van and yelling hey, but I ignored him as I wanted to get to them gym and my workout before they closed, seconds latter he knocked me to the ground from behind and just immediatly started kicking and punching me, everything was so fast by the time I could turn around he was being pulled off(at least I think, by a perfect stranger) and he ran off and jumped back in the car and was gone, along with my wallet. The rest followed police and stitches and all sorts of anger. Everyone said I had it comming to me for putting that on my car, I both agree and disagree, but I want the fucker who couldn't have the courage to ask for a civil discusion later or at the very least to have the gall to demand a fair fight...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

• Red_Pyramid

• Piprus

Guest Florida
Everyone said I had it comming to me for putting that on my car, I both agree and disagree, but I want the fucker who couldn't have the courage to ask for a civil discusion later or at the very least to have the gall to demand a fair fight...

Gee... and I get the "half baked" prize!

wow, that sucks man...truthfully, I don't think you deserved that sort of treatment at all. beating someone up and taking there wallet is not excused by simply not liking your choice of religious beliefs or bumper stickers. And it shows the bias of the people you were talking too.

Think about it, would they have said the same thing to a Christian who got beat up for having a bumper sticker that said god was going to send sinners to hell?

Christian Love in action.

WWJBU = Who Would Jesus Beat Up?

Thou shalt not covet your neigbors wallet, nor beat him to the ground because you're a delusional Christian.

Nutty Christians showing their true colors. And who is "everybody" that said you had it coming to you? I disagree with that. Sure, the stickers were on the strong side and you probably knew it would upset people, but you don't deserve to be attacked and mugged for it. Your bumperstickers were just the excuse these thugs needed to act tough and carry out their act.

Be careful. Now they will know where you live, and might try showing up. Beef up your security or buy a dog. A big one.

Damn, Red...

You sure didn't deserve to get beat up and robbed over your bumper sticker, but I have to agree with Ex-COG. There's no purpose served in promoting atheism by using inflammatory statements. You have the right to express yourself in that way of course, but sometimes the consequences aren't worth it. (Really, what do you think would happen if you drove your car through Harlem with a bumper sticker that said "I love the KKK"?) The best advertisement for atheism is to live as a model citizen. What you did was reinforce one of the most blatant stereotypes they have of us..."Atheists hate God"

By the way, I doubt if your assailant was much of a xian. He might very well have mugged you anyway.

Guest Florida
By the way, I doubt if your assailant was much of a xian. He might very well have mugged you anyway.

That's so true... and there are so many crazy people out there that putting a sign on your car like that is like painting a bulls-eye on your forehead.

That's so true... and there are so many crazy people out there that putting a sign on your car like that is like painting a bulls-eye on your forehead.

Damn... If I were you I'd stop reading my mind right now. I don't like living in here with me... if it was any more Gothic, I'd crap bats...

Yup. I find some of the Christian stickers offensive too, but heck, I don't beat up anyone for it or steal their wallets... I guess it doesn't take religion to be a moral person.

If wonder though... why would these people in the van start argue about an anti-Christian sticker if they were not supporters of the Christian faith?

Why take the wallet if the attack is actually sectarian?

Why take the wallet if the attack is sectarian?

Maybe they wanted the driver license to get the address?

Why take the wallet if the attack is sectarian?

Maybe they wanted the driver license to get the address?

Have a non-Lewinskied cigar...

Now... why would they want his address?

To spam him with religious literature, or door-to-door evangelizing. :)

Red. I hope they catch these guys, and get it sorted out.

To spam him with religious literature, or door-to-door evangelizing. :)

Not where my mind was going... bear in mind they've already delivered him a solid kicking...

I would like to once again point out the irony where christians always refer to atheists as immoral and intolerant.

Oh yeah, and dude, buy a gun, you live in the US so it shouldn't be that hard. And when those philistines show up at your house, shoot them in the nuts and take them prisoner down in your basement. And make them eat the bible! :fdevil:

I'd concur with the gun... Possibly gin traps too...

Not where my mind was going... bear in mind they've already delivered him a solid kicking...

Which isn't unheard of from religious nutjobs. Or even bombing or killing people in the name of their faith. I don't think anyone is a better or more moral person just because they claim to be religious. Rather the opposite, they use it as an excuse to be more violent and "defend" their faith. They probably didn't steal his wallet because of their faith, but they obviously had an issue with anti-Christian slogans. Christian and violent, that's a bad combination. But I doubt seriously that they were Muslim or Hindus or even Non-Religious and took up an issue with the sticker and then turned violent. And it's true that mabye they're not "True" Christians, but since the chance that you meet a Christian is twice as high here in the US, it would really surprise me if they were not affiliated with the religion one way or the other. The wallet was probably just a situation of opportunity. They were (are) clearly rotten people and full of hate and violence.

If any of the people who told you "you were asking for it" were police I would not trust them to work on this, and I might talk to an attorney. That si akin to saying a woman deserved to be raped because she was wearing a short skirt. Do not take the other warnings here about the asshole having your address lightly. I personally am not sure about a gun, only go that route if you already know how to use one, or are willing to learn. I am not anti-gun, but I am anti irresponcible gun ownership. If you can afford a home alarm system look into it. They may go to your home when you're not there to vandalise, ni this case you having a gun won't do much, but a good alarm system might.

I persoanlly do not believe in dogs for protection. I am not saying it's bad, but one of my parents neighbors came home and her house was too quiet. They had 3 dobies that should have been doing the "Yay Mommy's home" bark and dance. She went to a neighbor, and called the police. The house had been robbed, and all the dogs shot, the "things" meant nothing compared to dead friends, and let's face it, dogs are friends.

Shit... sorry for your troubles.

The idea that they gave a shit about your bumper stickers cannot be dismissed. Were they out for money only, they'd hit and run.

Your anti-christiansim attracted these people to *choose* you.

What is curious to me is why? I can only think that it is because they feel that since they are hell bound theives, they might not get such a hot ride in hell if they assault atheists rather than assult god's children.

Mongo

who is "everybody" that said you had it coming to you?

Be careful. Now they will know where you live, and might try showing up. Beef up your security or buy a dog. A big one.

My parents, said that if you draw attention to yourself like that you'd better expect such consequences to come with it. And I don't disagree, I would expect nothing less of this kind of action from those with the mind disease that christianity causes...

And no I don't much have to worry about, this time that shit won't be getting me from behind...

He and his friends can bring their pretty little faces to my knife...

If any of the people who told you "you were asking for it" were police I would not trust them to work on this, and I might talk to an attorney. That si akin to saying a woman deserved to be raped because she was wearing a short skirt. Do not take the other warnings here about the asshole having your address lightly. I personally am not sure about a gun, only go that route if you already know how to use one, or are willing to learn. I am not anti-gun, but I am anti irresponcible gun ownership. If you can afford a home alarm system look into it. They may go to your home when you're not there to vandalise, ni this case you having a gun won't do much, but a good alarm system might.

I persoanlly do not believe in dogs for protection. I am not saying it's bad, but one of my parents neighbors came home and her house was too quiet. They had 3 dobies that should have been doing the "Yay Mommy's home" bark and dance. She went to a neighbor, and called the police. The house had been robbed, and all the dogs shot, the "things" meant nothing compared to dead friends, and let's face it, dogs are friends.

I agree with the comment on dogs... to quote a South African 'Security Expert' of my brief acquaintance in the mid 1980s said 'Some people speak English, some Dutch, some Afrikaans... they all understand the sound of a shot gun being loaded'

Red, you got my PM?

I agree with the comment on dogs... to quote a South African 'Security Expert' of my brief acquaintance in the mid 1980s said 'Some people speak English, some Dutch, some Afrikaans... they all understand the sound of a shot gun being loaded'

And this, after all your comments on the threads regarding the second amendment? I don't get it. Are you being two-faced, are you equivocating, what??? I don't get it, Grandpa...what are you trying to say?

If any of the people who told you "you were asking for it" were police I would not trust them to work on this, and I might talk to an attorney.

Oh not at all, they were excedingly helpful, and filled it as a hate crime...

I don't think it will go that far, the fucker just got pissed off at that moment...

Though they may not have my wallet, the reason I think he took it in the first place was because everything that I had fell out of my pocket then including my keys (It was just me keys and wallet). I noticed my wallet missing when I was inside the gym and didn't even notice my keys missing until I found them in a handicape parking space. So they got my keys and wallet but threw my keys. Maybe they threw my wallet somewhere or maybe in the trash can. I don't know, so...