Goodbye Jesus

Paranoid?

Matt

Hey guyz, havent been on in a while.

So I keep seeing the numbers 3:16 everywhere. Like on clocks. I will turn to check the time and I keep seeing 3:16. Just then I was in my dads shed and the clock was stuck on 3:16 after a power outage. I know im probably paranoid and see clock times all the time but 3:16 just gets to me when I see it. Its crazy isnt it?, how being a former Xtian, has made me paranoid over something so stupid and small. Anyone else want to share their stories on anything like mine.

Guest Florida
Its crazy isnt it?, how being a former Xtian, has made me paranoid over something so stupid and small. Anyone else want to share their stories on anything like mine.

When I first left the church, my mind played all kinds of paranoid tricks and had terrible nightmares. Luckily I had a friend who was going through the same thing because I thought I might be going insane. Hang in there.

I found myself in a kind of "positive paranoia" immediately after I joined the German St. John's ambulance service years ago. It's amazing how many ambulances you see every day without really taking notice... unless you have just developed a kind of personal interest in that topic. Suddenly they seemed to be everywhere :)

Yeah, well, I guess that 3:16 crap sucks. Of course eventually one will get over it, but it may well take some time. :Hmm:

When you check the clock is 3:16 the actual time, or it says 3:16 even at 9 AM in the morning?

For some reason for over a year I wake up almost every night at 3:00 AM, many times right on the dot. In fact most of the time I don't even have to look at the clock I just know it's 3 AM. I think according the Christian mythology that's supposed to have some connection to demons or whatever. So far I haven't seen any, I pretty much just roll over and go back to sleep.

I think according the Christian mythology that's supposed to have some connection to demons or whatever.

Funny that, in many parts of rural China 3 AM is when demons are believed to be most active, coming out from under their rocks (or wherever demons hide?) to harass the living.

Ohh like when I look at the clock it is actually 3:16....Like im not lookin at the clock a fewminutes beforehand, just when i decide to randomly check the time.

Funny that, in many parts of rural China 3 AM is when demons are believed to be most active, coming out from under their rocks (or wherever demons hide?) to harass the living.

That's interesting, maybe the beliefs evolved from the same source thousands of years ago. Anyway I think the ones in America must be slackers since they don't actually do anything :HaHa:

3 A.M. is the time most people die... it's the lowest spot in our body clock...

Sounds like when a lot of people see the clock at 9:11 and think of the Twin Towers, or when you buy a new car, and realize there are thousands of cars like yours out there.

You seem to have programmed your brain to set its alarm for 3:16. Or you only subconsciously look at the clock, say out of the corner of your eye, until it turns 3:16.

It is like when people read "The Illuminatus" and see the number 5 everywhere. Or numbers that add up to five, or if divided leave the answer of 5.

The brain is made to see patterns, to create patterns. It is probably our best assest, but our worst trait. Drive you crazy if you get stuck on certain ones.

That's interesting. After 9/11 I used to always see 9:11 on the clock. Gotta agree with Robbobob, the human mind sees patterns. It's how we learn. People see patterns even in randomized chaos. It's like looking up at the sky and seeing pictures in clouds. I do fractal art, and a lot of the time, my brain makes a connection between the shapes in the abstract art. So I come up with a title that way.

Sounds like Confirmation Bias to me. Like when I was buying my first brand new car and went to look at a Mustang. Suddenly, Mustangs were everywhere! Yes, I bought one...and oh gawd...I loved that car...but I digress.

I also have a tendency to wake up at a specific time in the morning; at 3:15 am. I've done it all my life. I wake up, glance at the clock, roll over and go back to sleep. What I don't understand is how or why I do it even when I'm traveling and in a different time zone.

Yeah, you're more sensitive to it from your recent deconversion, most likely.

I'd point out that most operational clocks in the US have 3:16 displayed on them twice a day, though the 24-hour variety doesn't...