Goodbye Jesus

Public Access

leftofpunk

Something I've noticed about public access stations no matter where I live is that the majority of the programming is christian. Go and check your local listing. Is it the same where you live?

I know atheist shows exist on public access but it's not common from what I can tell. If you know of any atheist programming on public access that also uploads to google video OTHER than Atheist Experience, post a link or something.

"Religiously Incorrect"

6:30 pm, first Tuesday every month San Francisco Cable TV Channel 29

"Atheist Viewpoint"

8:00 pm, every Monday San Francisco Cable TV Channel 29

Atheist Alliance TV

8:30 pm, 2nd Friday of the month San Francisco Cable TV Channel 29

I got that from: http://www.sfatheists.com/links.htm

A long time ago I was on "Religiously Incorrect" in a segment dealing with the religion of AA and presenting non religious replacements for AA.

I am unaware of any videos you can download or view. Hopefully someone else will.

I don't know if we have a public access TV station here, but there is a public access radio station (KRCL). I used to listen to it all the time (before migrating to NPR) and I don't remember ever once hearing a Christian program. If it has a fault, it would actually be it's too liberal.

I think there is a Christian channel or two scattered among the television airwaves, but the signal on them is all but nonexistent, so no one I know has ever bothered with them. ('course, most people probably don't even know they exist on account of we've got to be one of the last families in the US who still watch TV with a "rabbit ear" antenna)

• 3 weeks later...

There were quite a few Christian shows on West Michigan PBS, but I think that was largely due to the fact that all you needed to get on it was a video camera, and most of that region is Christian.

Out in Portland, OR we have a good public access station. I watch it all the time now and there's very rarely a Christian show. Even when there is though, it's professionally done and usually not preachy.

Something I've noticed about public access stations no matter where I live is that the majority of the programming is christian. Go and check your local listing. Is it the same where you live?

I know atheist shows exist on public access but it's not common from what I can tell. If you know of any atheist programming on public access that also uploads to google video OTHER than Atheist Experience, post a link or something.

"Atheist Viewpoint"

8:00 pm, every Monday San Francisco Cable TV Channel 29

Not on Google video, AFAIK, but you can also watch Atheist Viewpoint directly from its web site, http://atheistviewpoint.tv/