Goodbye Jesus

Ah Crap

crazy-tiger

I would not have believed it if I hadn't followed the link! :twitch:

Hrmmm... I always thought that jebus was more into closed source software. Ah well, I learned something new today...

Ah, well, more power to them! (to use Linux, that is...)

/me hails from openSUSE 10.2

Oh, Oh, This give me a great idea...

Cars for Christians.

Oh, wait...even better....

Blenders for Christians.

You know, for a group who feels science is the Devil's work, they do try to warp technology for their own purposes. This is even worse than that YouTube rip off they have. I don't even understand why anyone would care that their Operating System was Holy. Makes even less sense then normal for them.

I remember when people were scared shitless about the infiltration of Communism resulting in the McCarthy Era. Now were see underhand methods of spreading more Christian Bullshit in the form of a computer operation system.

Well my advice is to steer clear of it. Just imagine how it will crash your computer.

If you actually read the Gospel stories and Acts the Apostles and their followers were pretty much communist with a small c... All property was communal, and to each his needs.

Eusebius did an excellent job in taking the ideas of an anarchist/terrorist who preached all men were equal and that property should be shared, into a religion to rule an Empire... and it's all hidden in plain view...

To me, this just looks like simple entrepreneurialism. "Find a market, sell the product, make a buck". Whether it's the hope for the future or simple snake oil, doesn't matter. Make the buck.

To me, this just looks like simple entrepreneurialism. "Find a market, sell the product, make a buck". Whether it's the hope for the future or simple snake oil, doesn't matter. Make the buck.

Erm... it's free...

Erm... it's free...

Erm, upper left hand of the site, Grandpa. "Support this site". Merchandise sales, etc. C'mon, now , old man, don't tell me you missed that...

:scratch:

I wonder how long this would stand until Catholics, Mormons and other sects declare that their newly formed open source is better than this original one which has incomplete binaries :D

Erm... it's free...

Erm, upper left hand of the site, Grandpa. "Support this site". Merchandise sales, etc. C'mon, now , old man, don't tell me you missed that...

I don't see Christians paying for anything they can get for nothing... and the software is free... If they want ot buy t-shirts they'll buy them, sure, and maybe a few open source heads will pay (like I pay here) but on the whole, if you want ot die rich, Open Source isn't a method of choice...

Erm... it's free...

I don't see Christians paying for anything they can get for nothing... and the software is free... If they want ot buy t-shirts they'll buy them, sure, and maybe a few open source heads will pay (like I pay here) but on the whole, if you want ot die rich, Open Source isn't a method of choice...

Grandpa, do you know American fundiegelicalism? I suggest...no. If a fundiegelical sees the chance to "serve the Lard" by clicking a "support this site" link that he/she "feels led" (by the spirit) to support, they'll take it. And that means jingles in the pocket of the one who maintains the site. The mindset is not to get something for nothing, it's to "give", even if that means to be hornswoggled. "Treasures in heaven, stars in your crown". I don't know how it is in the UK, Gramps, but here in the US, Gawd is an industry. With a product to sell. And that means a marketing scheme. Get it?

Grandpa, do you know American fundiegelicalism? I suggest...no. If a fundiegelical sees the chance to "serve the Lard" by clicking a "support this site" link that he/she "feels led" (by the spirit) to support, they'll take it. And that means jingles in the pocket of the one who maintains the site. The mindset is not to get something for nothing, it's to "give", even if that means to be hornswoggled. "Treasures in heaven, stars in your crown". I don't know how it is in the UK, Gramps, but here in the US, Gawd is an industry. With a product to sell. And that means a marketing scheme. Get it?

When I read this I can't find any cynicism despite the fact that I'm looking for it.

:scratch:

I wonder how long this would stand until Catholics, Mormons and other sects declare that their newly formed open source is better than this original one which has incomplete binaries :D

If that happens, they'd all start writing viruses to infect each other's

operating systems. We all know how well these competing monotheistic

faiths like to get along....

If that happens, they'd all start writing viruses to infect each other's

operating systems. We all know how well these competing monotheistic

faiths like to get along....

After that, hey will do stupid ads on TV where two people represent an operating system each and talk silly stuff like "I'm better than you! lalalalala ".

After that, hey will do stupid ads on TV where two people represent an operating system each and talk silly stuff like "I'm better than you! lalalalala ".

You make them sound a little more civil than they really are..... ;)

I remember when people were scared shitless about the infiltration of Communism resulting in the McCarthy Era. Now were see underhand methods of spreading more Christian Bullshit in the form of a computer operation system.

Well my advice is to steer clear of it. Just imagine how it will crash your computer.

Yes, but in three days, it will reboot, and all your lost information will be there to save you.

I wonder if it has virus protection, or if it just tells you to pray and believe them away? [Why doesn't god heal partial data loss?]

I'm thinking of downloading it, might be useful for anti-christian research. Maybe modify it? Wouldn't that be fun? Christian-Linux: Atheist Edition. With Highlighted bible passages, and links to easy to understand explinations of why: donkeys can't talk, people can't live in something's stomach for three days, that the sun doesn't revolve around us, the earth isn't flat, there's more evidence of dinosaurs than unicorns, and why evolution is at least as proven as gravity.

Plus statistics that show that Atheist are more moral than christians, a history of the church [dark ages, crusades, inquisition, spanish conquistadors, etc...], and graphs showing how it harms society. [Abortion, research, burning smart people at the steak, Jerry Falwell, Lou Dobbs, George Bush, 'smile jesus loves you' T-shirts, and waking people up early on Sunday.]

It would almost be worth it just to watch the fundies rant about it, and how disrespectful and immoral it is.

Linux for Xians...

Well, fsck me. :cunn:

Actually the idea isn't that bad at all. It doesn't surprise me that some Christians come up with this idea, but after a little thought it isn't such a bad idea. It's similar to, lets say, credit cards that have a picture that is related to your business or your interests. The "Chubuntu" comes prepackaged with software directed to the target group. I've see this done quite a bit with the VMWare Virtual Appliances, where you download virtual machines prepackaged and preconfigured for a certain purpose like a Wiki-site, CRM or secure and anonymous browsing etc.

If someone packaged an Ubuntu for Free thinkers loaded with material, books, programs and favorite links to the best sites, it would be interesting to install it just to see what's in there... Maybe we should do that? Fubuntu (Free thinkers Ubuntu) :HaHa:

Or maybe Xubuntu. And loaded with some cool games too.

Actually the idea isn't that bad at all. It doesn't surprise me that some Christians come up with this idea, but after a little thought it isn't such a bad idea. It's similar to, lets say, credit cards that have a picture that is related to your business or your interests. The "Chubuntu" comes prepackaged with software directed to the target group. I've see this done quite a bit with the VMWare Virtual Appliances, where you download virtual machines prepackaged and preconfigured for a certain purpose like a Wiki-site, CRM or secure and anonymous browsing etc.

If someone packaged an Ubuntu for Free thinkers loaded with material, books, programs and favorite links to the best sites, it would be interesting to install it just to see what's in there... Maybe we should do that? Fubuntu (Free thinkers Ubuntu) :HaHa:

Or maybe Xubuntu. And loaded with some cool games too.

Nah. There's only one one thing to call the 'Free Thinker's Linux' made to go up against this.

'Chuthulu Linux'.

Thinking on it, that would be almost as much fun as an Atheist Linux. It -will- eat you first.