Goodbye Jesus

Who Is Jesus?

perianwalsh

I was doing a lot of research,and I am extremely puzzled....Is Jesus a combination of heroes & myths,or the copying of dead sea scrolls,mithraic religion,phropheet......

Hope someone can explain,or just simply give me links.

thanks.i apologize 4 my intrusion

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• HadouKen24

• mwc

• perianwalsh

Your question is not a simple one to answer. Try these two sites:

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

http://www.medmalexperts.com/POCM/index.html

They can get you going but they won't give you an answer by any means. I've been trying to answer your question for some time and the best I've been able to do is come up with more questions. Obviously I think that jesus is now a myth as opposed to a real person but you may decide differently given the evidence. I also can see how there are many "layers" to this story which is why pointing to one item in your list is unworkable.

mwc

This glorious PDF tract may help answer your questions about who Jesus is:

http://www.christianityisbullshit.com/whoisjesus.pdf

I personally tend to think that Jesus did live in history, but that the historical Jesus has mostly been lost to religious myths and traditions.

This is a great page on Jesus, and a great site overall:

http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/jesus.html

Glory!

thanks brother jeff &mwc-I use the way of layers,and it works---jesus must be a greatest myth on earth anyway...and the link of rejecting pascal wage is relly good

here:

http://www.infidelguy.com forums

http://blindfaith.mornedutoit.com/

truthbeknown.com forum-i forget the exact location,but thre's a pdf about dead sea scrolls

Jebus of Nazareth is about as real as Santa Claus.

But the links my colleagues provided will display that nicely :)

Santa?Nah....I am not brought up to santa stories.

This glorious PDF tract may help answer your questions about who Jesus is:

http://www.christianityisbullshit.com/whoisjesus.pdf

I personally tend to think that Jesus did live in history, but that the historical Jesus has mostly been lost to religious myths and traditions.

This is a great page on Jesus, and a great site overall:

http://www.geocities.com/paulntobin/jesus.html

Glory!

Uh, so you know - that PDF leads to a 404 error.

Jebus of Nazareth is about as real as Santa Claus.

But the links my colleagues provided will display that nicely :)

Or Xenu

I'm of the opinion that Yeshua ben Yoseph was a real man, who actually did go around teaching. However, after his death all sorts of myths and stories accrued to his name. Many probably began accruing during his life.

Here is a website that shows a comparison view of Jesus life from conception to death with that of the Egyptian God Horus. So very many things are similar! Parallels between Jesus and

Horus, an Egyptian God

And their son Jebus?

Oh-fucking-kay :mellow:

Not sure I follow your logic there Varokhar...

My guess they are referring to me. Look under my name where it says "Any Gods?" However I didn't spell it "Jebus." *shrugs* Oh well. Is it time to tar and feather the newbie yet? *rolls eyes*

My guess they are referring to me. Look under my name where it says "Any Gods?" However I didn't spell it "Jebus." *shrugs* Oh well. Is it time to tar and feather the newbie yet? *rolls eyes*

That particular keyboard that's being used seems angry toward the three Christian gods, namely God, Jesus, and the Bible. The S always comes out as B whenever typing Jesus and comes out Jebus. The O becomes "aw" when typing God and comes out Gawd, or the I in Bible comes out as an A and types out Babble everytime. The keyboard has a unique quality to it, and like a comfortable old worn shoe, it's somethimes hard to just repace it.

Ah right... makes sense... so much for the much vaunted 'tolerance' of the Ásatrú... :shrug:

That particular keyboard that's being used seems angry toward the three Christian gods, namely God, Jesus, and the Bible. The S always comes out as B whenever typing Jesus and comes out Jebus. The O becomes "aw" when typing God and comes out Gawd, or the I in Bible comes out as an A and types out Babble everytime. The keyboard has a unique quality to it, and like a comfortable old worn shoe, it's somethimes hard to just repace it.

Nothing that the operator growing up wouldn't cure, you think? ;)

Aaaah... ok... that explains it. I've been guilty of typing such things during the heat of a conversation with my fanatical, holy rollin', tongue talkin', fundamentalist Christian cousin as she's preahin' that fire-n-brimstone gospel down upon my wretched soul for being a Bi-sexual Witch all the while daring to call myself a Christopagan Witch dabbling around in all that "Satanic" stuff as though Gawd would ever allow such things.

No tar and feathers from me! I may throw some feathers sometimes, but just in fun. :HaHa:

Welcome LadyValkyrie,

I look forward to learning more about you and I hope you enjoy it here. :)

No tar and feathers from me! I may throw some feathers sometimes, but just in fun. :HaHa:

Welcome LadyValkyrie,

I look forward to learning more about you and I hope you enjoy it here. :)

LOL Thanks! I'm already enjoying myself.

Ah right... makes sense... so much for the much vaunted 'tolerance' of the Ásatrú... :shrug:

Eh? Among pagans, I've never run into a bunch more crustier than the Asatru. I don't think tolerance is as much considered a virtue among them as among other groups.

With me, Irony can never be ruled out ;)

So it's more tolerant to criticize all Asatruar, when only a single professed adherent says something "unacceptable"? Irony truly doesn't escape you, Gramps, especially when you remark upon my maturity, which you are clear need of yourself. And drop the cantankerous act - it's getting old.

LadyValkyrie, this is an ex-xian forum, so don't whine if someone expresses confusion over your touting of JEBUS as a god of yours. If I wanted to "tar and feather" you, you'd know it. And I'll spell it however I like, as I enjoy mocking the so-called sacred name of JEBUS as much as I enjoy bothering people who get their panties in a bunch over it. Rub some dirt in your wounds and get over it.

Well, at least I got my morning chuckle :)

So it's more tolerant to criticize all Asatruar, when only a single professed adherent says something "unacceptable"? Irony truly doesn't escape you, Gramps, especially when you remark upon my maturity, which you are clear need of yourself. And drop the cantankerous act - it's getting old.

LadyValkyrie, this is an ex-xian forum, so don't whine if someone expresses confusion over your touting of JEBUS as a god of yours. If I wanted to "tar and feather" you, you'd know it. And I'll spell it however I like, as I enjoy mocking the so-called sacred name of JEBUS as much as I enjoy bothering people who get their panties in a bunch over it. Rub some dirt in your wounds and get over it.

Well, at least I got my morning chuckle :)

What exactly is your definition of an ex-christian then, Varokhar? Is it someone who completely denounces all of Christianity... Christian Gods, The Church, Christians themselves, The Holy Bible, ect?

I suggest you get to get to know me personally a little bit before you go and cast judgment upon me. I am NOT a fanatical fundamentalist Christian come to preach fire and brimstone upon anyone. In fact I detest proselytizing. I've been hurt, burned, and heartbroken by so called Christians and the church too many damn times to count on my fingers and toes. So do NOT lump me in with the rest of those who you and I both so obviously detest. Those Christians and I do not worship the same Jesus. I'm sorry that you have such an obsessive compulsive bad behavior towards anyone mentions Jesus or God but I really think you need take that diaper off that you are so obviously wearing and put your big boy underwear on. I am a Pagan who chooses the Holy Trinity of the Christian Faith as my Dieties. I see the Holy Spirit as The Mother Goddess. I practice Witchcraft. Hell, I'm even studying Satanism and finding that I have a hell of a lot in common with their Nine Statements, their Laws, and what they consider Sins. I am not what you think I am. You seriously need to get a grip on reality. Not everyone who proclaims Jesus as their God is your damn enemy. I in fact am on your side here. However, if you want to continue to be an immature brat, you will be my enemy and I won't even exist to me on this message board. Good luck in trying to get a rise out of someone who doesn't even know you exist. So what's it gonna be? Will this Valkyrie take Varokhar to Vahalla or will he just be passed over like he doesn't exist? lol ;)

What exactly is your definition of an ex-christian then, Varokhar? Is it someone who completely denounces all of Christianity... Christian Gods, The Church, Christians themselves, The Holy Bible, ect?

.............I am a Pagan who chooses the Holy Trinity of the Christian Faith as my Dieties. I see the Holy Spirit as The Mother Goddess. I practice Witchcraft. Hell, I'm even studying Satanism and finding that I have a hell of a lot in common with their Nine Statements, their Laws, and what they consider Sins. I am not what you think I am. You seriously need to get a grip on reality...............

Hey welcome LadyValkyrie,

I can't answer for Varokhar, but I think that almost all (not all, but almost) of the Ex-Christians here would say that they denounce all the above mentioned religious ideas as well as the rest of the Abrahamic religions.

Now that's an interesting concoction you are practicing. How do the teachings of LaVey sit with the idea of the Holy Trinity? Are they compatible? What does the practice of Witchcraft involve? I'm curious. :thanks:

.............I am a Pagan who chooses the Holy Trinity of the Christian Faith as my Dieties. I see the Holy Spirit as The Mother Goddess. I practice Witchcraft. Hell, I'm even studying Satanism and finding that I have a hell of a lot in common with their Nine Statements, their Laws, and what they consider Sins. I am not what you think I am. You seriously need to get a grip on reality...............

Hey welcome LadyValkyrie,

I can't answer for Varokhar, but I think that almost all (not all, but almost) of the Ex-Christians here would say that they denounce all the above mentioned religious ideas as well as the rest of the Abrahamic religions.

Now that's an interesting concoction you are practicing. How do the teachings of LaVey sit with the idea of the Holy Trinity? Are they compatible? What does the practice of Witchcraft involve? I'm curious. :thanks:

Hmmm... I don't know... why don't you tell me.... :rollseyes: I NEVER said that I was a Satanists or that I blend Satanic beliefs or practices with my own. I simply said that I have been studying Satanism, which means I have been reading and studying the Satanic Bible and it's companion book Satanic Rituals both by LaVey. I also have read some of Aliester Crowley's writings but that doesn't mean I blend Thelema into my personal religious faith and practices either. Geeze! Do you think that everything I read I blend into my faith?! All I said is that I have a lot in common with the Nine Satanic Statements, their Laws of the Earth as well as what they consider Sins. Does that make me a Satanists? NO! It does make my point that I am NOT like the Christians that Varokhar and I so so obviously detest.

What does the practice of Witchcraft involve? I'm curious. :thanks:

BTW, does anyone read the profiles around here? Geeze!