Goodbye Jesus

Good Riddance Jerry Falwell

Eccles

For 2000 years mankind has been hoodwinked by the likes of Falwell into believing in a "god". They have based it in the worst book of bullshit ever written: the "Holy" Bible. Nobody has any proof there is a "god" and in spite of what he thought Jerry Falwell could not prove there was/is a "god". He certainly can't now as there is neither a "heaven" or "hell" to go to. The problem is that he will never know. I feel sorry for the millions of misguided Christians in America who believe in a "god" on the basis of all the bullshit preaching by these con-men.

Oh dear Eccles, I think there are two threads on this subject already.

Jerry Falwell was a buffoon. As are most of these aging old preachers that are rapidly becoming tired relics from the 50's. I guess the only good thing is that as these old guys die off, the new generation of preachers will take over where they left off and they seem to be a bit more user-friendly (i.e. the Joel Osteen's). Maybe this won't be such a bad thing?

I feel really good that I am not the only person who has no pity for that son of a bitch. He literally inspired NOTHING good in me. What a waste of a life when people are happy that you are dead.

I figure Satan is stoking the fires of Hell to be extra hot...Just for Jerry.

The local paper had a political cartoon today that showed St. Pete on the phone saying, "Yeah boss, there is a guy named Jerry Falwell here that wants to see you." to which an off-cartoon/stage voice is saying, "Jerry who?" - Heimdall :yellow:

I feel really good that I am not the only person who has no pity for that son of a bitch. He literally inspired NOTHING good in me. What a waste of a life when people are happy that you are dead.

LMR, you are NOT the only person who feels good that that monster is dead. Yes, I called him a monster to my prof's face today. And I knew I would be correctly understood. I was not mistaken.

I talked to a consultant at school. I started in with a sort of apology because I wasn't sure where she stood religiously. I didn't want to offend her. I had never seen a fundy hair on her head but ya never know. When she realized what I was apologizing about and that I wanted to talk about being glad this fat guy is dead, she told me in a pretty strong voice that she is NOT fundamentalist. Then she started talking about fundamentalism in the States. She actually shuddered.

Language was insufficient to express her feelings. I sense the same in you. Let it out!

"Language was insufficient to express her feelings."

OK, now I'm stuck with the image of people doing Jazz Interpretive Dance to communicate their distaste... thanks...

I'll admit that I'd kind of like to go to his funeral. I'd like to be sure that this isn't just some dream.

He's dead. I have no desire to dignify him with a party or a celebration of his death, perhaps it is enough to do what one can to forget him.

Though I will laugh if someone comes to the funeral dressed as a teletubby.

For 2000 years mankind has been hoodwinked by the likes of Falwell into believing in a "god". They have based it in the worst book of bullshit ever written: the "Holy" Bible. Nobody has any proof there is a "god" and in spite of what he thought Jerry Falwell could not prove there was/is a "god". He certainly can't now as there is neither a "heaven" or "hell" to go to. The problem is that he will never know. I feel sorry for the millions of misguided Christians in America who believe in a "god" on the basis of all the bullshit preaching by these con-men.

Eccles, i understand why the passing of the aforementioned might bring some glee, but i don't want people to get the wrong idea. personally, i despised the inclinations and religious inklings that this guy stood for, but i don't want some xtian reading this on this site, and make up the assumption that ex-c site members are jumping for joy that falwell died.

Personally, I could care less....his life, his death...they're equally insignificant to me....

The one thing that I am glad about is that his evil religious rants will not be around for the next election...Jerry is not around for Jesus to speak through anymore, thankfully....

Fortunehooks while I understand where you are coming from in not wanting to give the faithful fuel to use in righteous indignation against us poor un-believers ( although ask me if I really care :jerkit: ), I have to disagree with your assesment of Eccles's thoughts, after all J.F. has been called home to his Mansion in the sky on those streets paved with gold! So surely all J.F. lovin' christians are dancin' a jig of joy right now over this fortuitous event! It is a time for all christions to get down an boogie with joy in their hearts as they are sure he is finally with god...as for the rest of us, well we can celebrate too cause he's gods problem now! :woohoo:

...Jerry is not around for Jesus to speak through anymore, thankfully....

The only time jesus spoke through Jerry was when Jerry was taking a dump.

That would be one...huge vibrator. :HaHa:

So... who's going to creep into the mortuary, inject his flaccid member with silicone, and take a cast of the 'last stand'

I really do think it's a shame that he went to his grave with so much close-mindedness and hate...or at least he seemed to from what I know of him. I hope that if there is an afterlife, he will be given the oppurtunity to develop into a more open, loving and enlightened human being.

And no, I'm not stoned. :HaHa: I genuinely wish the best for him if he still exists in some realm...but then I only know about him from what I've read on wikipedia.

Ding-Dong the Asshole's dead!

What a windfall for the worms!