Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ex-monkey

Logical Truths

Absolutely.... but this is a dynamic process. Meaning changes with time as our understanding of our position and role gets a better definition from science.

Absolutely.

If your current foundation 'truths' or logical conclusions which are cognitively interpreted to build your version of meaning is static, then you are a sect builder. Does being a strong atheist mean your base is set in stone ?

You have to be careful. To say that "meaning is absolute" does not mean that specific meanings are absolute. To say that "logic is absolute" does not mean that specific fallacies are absolute. There is a difference between the existence of logic and its specific content. So you're going to have to clarify a bit what you mean by "static" in this context.

Static meaning to take position based on current realities and our current level of understanding.

Basically you are willing to face the wind of change with your current beliefs. You have the firm belief that strong atheism will hold til the end of times... isn't this closing your mind to other possibilities :grin:

As scientists all possibilities should be considered even if the probabilities are infinitely small :HaHa:

.... just teasing :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You have the firm belief that strong atheism will hold til the end of times... isn't this closing your mind to other possibilities  :grin:

I didn't say that I would "hold to strong atheism 'till the end of times". Strong atheism is not an absolute. So if that's what you're asking, the answer is no.

Nyahahahahaha!!!  ^__________^

Here's the new one.  It's smaller and I think it looks better.

RightClickSuccess2.jpg

Hehe... "Right Click Your Way To Success..."

:lmao::lmao::wicked::HaHa::lmao::lmao::lmao::woohoo::funny::wicked:

Yeah. That's some seriously funny stuff MrSpooky. Thanks for the tears and sore stomach muscles.

Guest bdp

Paul sez:

you fool.

Jesus sez - anyone who says 'you fool!' shall be guilty enough for the hell of fire. NASB

And anyway, just what do you mean by ex monkey...?

bdp

Yeah. That's some seriously funny stuff MrSpooky. Thanks for the tears and sore stomach muscles.

Heh. When you spend as much time cruising SomethingAwful as I do, you learn how to be snide with style. ^___^

Logic's ultimate validation is when, like mathamatics a logical proof is confirmed much later by observation. Certain of Einstein's calculations where only confirmed 80 yrs later by the most sensitive satellites, Hubble deduced the expanding universe through logical steps long before any empirical proofs. It works, regardless of paul's objections, trust is earned, not handed out blindly, and glorified as "faith".

The title is a tautology. All truths are "logical". Logic is an absolute for cognition to exist, since the absence of logic implies the absence of meaning.

:HaHa:

Can you say "free gift" anyone?

Told u they be a tough crown FT. Sceptics to a man, though they need to stop making comparisions to xtianity, it's a cheap shot.

You keep labeling other (i.e. my) views collectivist, no matter how many times i explain it, and they are painting you as a dogmatist, I just think a more a open minded approach on all sides is needed.

You are not pseudo xtian for being certain, and I'm not pseudo xtian for being humanist.