Goodbye Jesus

Don't Worry Momma!

AgnosticBob AtheistPants

I recently was in an email discussion with some Christians about when they believed that the soul entered the body. Here is one of the replies I got:

“Interesting question. But here is a true story, just a month or so back, in England, of a young wife becoming pregnant, immediately going into anxiety attacks worrying about it. Through therapy, she was brought back to normal., and the pregnancy proceeded normally, until she found she was bearing triplets. The anxiety attacks returned with a vengeance. Just before going into labor, the doctor ordered an ultra-sound of the babies, which showed on the screen in amazing detail, and then, as the mother was looking at the screen, the middle child, a boy, looked directly at the "camera" (like looking in his mother's eyes) and gave an unmistakable thumbs up gesture.

My point is, if it really happened as it was publicized, that baby had to have an awareness of what was going on. To me, awareness of that type means a soul. And, the births came about without complications.”

I was absolutely dumbfounded that the author of this actually BELIEVED this. Other than his being a Christian, he seemed relatively intelligent to me up until this point. Anyone that believes that because a fetus in the womb seems to look “directly at the camera and [give] an unmistakable thumbs up gesture” during an ultrasound is not firing on all cylinders. I held my tongue and just sent a response saying that the author knew better than that. I got back a reply from another Christian participant that, no, I knew less than that!!!

Both of these people are college educated, yet they don’t get that something like this happening is purely the human mind interpreting it as what they would like it to be! A fetus doesn’t know what the hell a “thumbs up” is! A fetus doesn’t know where the “camera” is during the ultra sound! It doesn’t know there is anyone out there to “look at”! I swear there is really something wrong with the minds of those who remain Christian.

:lmao::funny::lmao:

Ok, that was priceless!

Geee..... and I thought the guy who thought that pangea separated into continents as a result of being blown up like a balloon was a dumb ass.

:Doh:

Can you get the guy to send you a link or scan it and send it to you and forward it to me?

Can you get the guy to send you a link or scan it and send it to you and forward it to me?

I wish. Of course he says it was on ABC news. I searched around online and found another priceless one...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

I wish. Of course he says it was on ABC news. I searched around online and found another priceless one...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

OH... another xtian urban myth. Fuck they're a bunch of gullible dopes.

...Ask him if he's heard about the guy that hides in the back seat of people's cars at the mall with an axe.

I'm sure he's heard all about it and will gladly spill the beans.

My brother keeps telling me every 6 months (he forgets) that scientests have just found proof that is about to be published or just published that will prove Intellegent Design.

Yepppperrr... he's got a far better education than me. BUT not a better job!!! Ha ha ha.

Mongo

Oh Bob... did you see the sub link???

The alligator's skin that spells God!!!

Is there a better metaphor for religion? :lmao:

Gator_228x151.jpg

...A fetus doesn’t know what the hell a “thumbs up” is! A fetus doesn’t know where the “camera” is during the ultra sound!...

Unless of course reincarnation is involved... but then, that's one of those Ebil Heathen™ concepts, is it not? :scratch:

:HaHa:

I'm just left dumbfounded at this person's lack of thinking skills.

As for the second story you found when looking for this (the image of jesus in the ultrasound): somebody posted a comment on the story that it could be a poodle, while another thought it looked like a spaniel pup!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::funny:

Come to think of it, I have a niece, who thanks to positioning, etc., clearly appeared to have testes in her ultrasound and was determined to be a boy. Obviously she was gay. After she was born, praise the lord, she decided to be straight instead and now she's married with three kids.