Goodbye Jesus

Veil Rhymes

veil

Reality is what we see, touch, can measure and experience repeatedly everyday and by everybody. Imaginary friends that exists in people's minds are not reality but fantasy. So the effect of religion on reality is none, but rather opposite to reality.

Now why didn't I just say it like that? On ya HanSolo! :grin:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• veil

• Jun

• Grandpa Harley

• Ouroboros

And which came first?

Who KNows we could be on the appearing of New age now?

COPY FROM A WEBSITE

Controversy over the use of CE and BCE to identify dates in historyBCE stands for "Before the common era." It is expected to eventually replace BC, which means "Before Christ," or "Before the Messiah." BC and BCE are also .

See also an essay on background material about the use of CE and BCE

Overview:

CE stands for "Common Era." It is a relatively new term that is experiencing increased usage and is expected to eventually replace AD. The latter is an abbreviation for "Anno Domini" in Latin or "the year of the Lord" in English. The latter refers to the approximate birth year of Yeshua of Nazareth (a.k.a. Jesus Christ). CE and AD have the same and value. 2004 CE = 2004 AD.

BCE stands for "Before the common era." It is expected to eventually replace BC, which means "Before Christ," or "Before the Messiah." BC and BCE are also identical in value. Most theologians and religious historians believe that the approximate birth date of Yeshua of Nazareth (Jesus) was in the fall, sometime between 7 and 4 BCE, although we have seen estimates as late as 4 CE and as early as the second century BCE.

Of course, one can always interpret the letter "C" in CE and BCE as referring to "Christian" or "Christ's." The Abbreviations Dictionary does exactly this. 1

Is this correct?

Now why didn't I just say it like that? On ya HanSolo! :grin:

That's what this website does to ya. :)

And which came first?

Well, if you believe in the Bible, you have to admit that the Jewish calender at least came before the Christian... or do you believe Joshua, Moses and Adam lived after Jesus???

Or put it this way: Which calendar did Jesus use?

Who KNows we could be on the appearing of New age now?

Too late. The New Age movement is old now.

Controversy over the use of CE and BCE to identify dates in historyBCE stands for "Before the common era." It is expected to eventually replace BC, which means "Before Christ," or "Before the Messiah." BC and BCE are also ...

Not much of controversy. Only Christians use BC and AD, while everyone else use BCE and CE. You're in a shrinking minority...

I'm getting my posts fuddled up and losing my wit!

Not much of controversy. Only Christians use BC and AD, while everyone else use BCE and CE. You're in a shrinking minority...

Sorry Veil, I'd have to second that. BCE and CE have been in use since the early 1800's.

Veil, it is generally good form to include a link to online information that you post so that anyone wishing to verify your quotes can do so. Here it is - http://www.religioustolerance.org/ce_info.htm

This from Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

The Common Era, also known as the Current Era, is the period of time beginning with year 1 of the Gregorian calendar.

"Common Era" and "Current Era" are alternative names for "anno Domini" (Latin: "in the year of the Lord,"[1] also rendered as "of the Christian Era"). All these era names are chronologically equivalent: the number of any given year is the same, no matter which era name is used. A year zero is not used with any of the era names. (It is, however, used in the astronomical system and ISO 8601.)

When using the name "Common Era" or "Current Era," early years are described as "before the Common Era" or "before the Current Era." When using the names "anno Domini" or "Christian Era," early years are described as "before Christ" or "before the Christian Era."

The short forms for "Common Era" and "before the Common Era" are CE and BCE, respectively. These short forms are sometimes written with small capital letters, or with periods (e.g., "C.E." or "B.C.E.").

The term "Common Era" is preferred by some as an alternative to the overtly Christian "AD" and "BC," since "Common Era" does not use religious titles for Jesus such as "Christ" and "Lord," which are used in the BC-AD notation.

I'm getting my posts fuddled up and losing my wit!

Sorry Veil, I'd have to second that. BCE and CE have been in use since the early 1800's.

Veil, it is generally good form to include a link to online information that you post so that anyone wishing to verify your quotes can do so. Here it is - http://www.religioustolerance.org/ce_info.htm

This from Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

The Common Era, also known as the Current Era, is the period of time beginning with year 1 of the Gregorian calendar.

"Common Era" and "Current Era" are alternative names for "anno Domini" (Latin: "in the year of the Lord,"[1] also rendered as "of the Christian Era"). All these era names are chronologically equivalent: the number of any given year is the same, no matter which era name is used. A year zero is not used with any of the era names. (It is, however, used in the astronomical system and ISO 8601.)

When using the name "Common Era" or "Current Era," early years are described as "before the Common Era" or "before the Current Era." When using the names "anno Domini" or "Christian Era," early years are described as "before Christ" or "before the Christian Era."

The short forms for "Common Era" and "before the Common Era" are CE and BCE, respectively. These short forms are sometimes written with small capital letters, or with periods (e.g., "C.E." or "B.C.E.").

The term "Common Era" is preferred by some as an alternative to the overtly Christian "AD" and "BC," since "Common Era" does not use religious titles for Jesus such as "Christ" and "Lord," which are used in the BC-AD notation.

Thanks Jun

There is prophecy, that maybe related to another change of Age

It yet still remains vision only, so it is still charged with, becoming an effect of vision

And a prophet is only approved ,by, in the end of, it happends

Have you heard the saying "who the hell are you, the queen of Sheba"?

This saying has its place in the bible, prophecies by Christ him self, that shall be the confirmation, true or fiction,, even, perhaps another end of an age, of grace to all men,

Religions and theologies seem not to adopt it as a possible happening?

Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Mat 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

Mat 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon [is] here.

These scriptures are related to the opening of the graves prophecys, all these people, were, and have been, supposed to walk the earth in pre-existing lives, ending in the grave, and appear again in the generations of later Days,???

Prophecies? :lmao: Like Nostradamus?

A guy spending three days in a whale? Like in Nemo?

Queen of the South? Is she related to the Queen of Spades?

What's a "change of age?"

You truly are confused aren't you? You said the Bible was all BS, and now you keep quoting from it!

I can recommend a better book than that one - The Lord of the Rings - it has all the same stuff; prophecies, kings and queens, supernatural powers, demons, good versus evil..and it makes far more sense too. I'll bet Gandalf the Grey could outwit your Jesus anyday. Jesus got nailed to a cross by a bunch of Romans, Gandalf the Grey survived a duel with the almighty balrog and passed into the underworld to emerge as Gandalf the White!

Veil, does this make any sense to you, or is it just more of my Buddhist BS?

All experience is preceded by mind,

led by mind,

made by mind.

Speak or act with a corrupted mind,

And suffering follows.

As the wagon wheel follows the hoof of an ox

led by mind,

made by mind.

Speak or act with a peaceful mind,

And happiness follows,

Like a never departing shadow.

O Jun

Why is it that a Whole Age Is Titled BC (Before Christ?)

And why is it they ended an age on His behalf?

And I continue to question, the effect of reality?

They had the biggest swords and most men??

Yup... the ability to kill every mother who said 'no' was a definite advantage

But I think we've established that Eliza won't let little things like 'fact' get in the way

Now expect a meandering discourse on the nature of reality... 'fact' likely being a keyword the program responds to.

Veil, does this make any sense to you, or is it just more of my Buddhist BS?

led by mind,

made by mind.

Speak or act with a corrupted mind,

And suffering follows.

As the wagon wheel follows the hoof of an ox

led by mind,

made by mind.

Speak or act with a peaceful mind,

And happiness follows,

Like a never departing shadow.

Yes, sounds good Jun

The thoughts of man, direct his path

Buddhist, can teach the world, some very good things

Choosing to listen can make all difference; choosing to listen doesn’t have to make you Become a Buddhist

Freedom of liberty to eat from wherever you wish, and be whoever you are, An Individual, force of Law, seem to demand that people belong to denominations, and insist on groups,

This gets Tiresome to always be talking to a force of Law in a person

Break the Law that says follow the law

Up lifting the standards of Man kind, because it will bring peace of mind,

choosing to listen doesn’t have to make you Become a Buddhist

One cannot "become" a Buddhist any more than one can "become" an atheist.

Freedom of liberty to eat from wherever you wish, and be whoever you are, An Individual, force of Law, seem to demand that people belong to denominations, and insist on groups,

This gets Tiresome to always be talking to a force of Law in a person

Break the Law that says follow the law

Up lifting the standards of Man kind, because it will bring peace of mind,

Care to elaborate? It doesn't make sense. What "Law?"

O Jun

Why is it that a Whole Age Is Titled BC (Before Christ?)

And why is it they ended an age on His behalf?

And I continue to question, the effect of reality?

They had the biggest swords and most men??

Lol

Yes whether or not, he was, or was not

I am tired of.... Believe it, or Die….Attitude

I once

met a troll

and it

was green

and smelly.

Then

I cast

rain of

fire and

roasted it.

Okay,

so even

more smelly,

but no

more troll.

And my

voidwalker

had a good

dinner.

^_^

I once

met a troll

and it

was green

and smelly.

Then

I cast

rain of

fire and

roasted it.

Okay,

so even

more smelly,

but no

more troll.

And my

voidwalker

had a good

dinner.

^_^

Umm …not bad Amethyst.

Maybe cutting down on the amount of TV and movies you watch, could help?

otherwise its good,

Sorry, I can't give you a score, until everyone submits their entry's...

Hey Veil, you gonna answer my questions yet?

Breaking the curse of LAW

Any Law is given to protect, and maintain control, safety for numbers

The Laws of Moses where given, heavy and burdensome,

King David lifted the curse of Law to follow the Law; by beginning the Kingdom free to decide if they wanted to sacrifice and make offerings, mercy was extended weight of death penalties lifted

The Kingdoms fall after Solomon handed it to his son, the people were taken away captive to Babylon,

until Ezra AND Nehemiah 550 -500, BC, rebuilt the temple and walls King David’s city, under the Rule of Babylon Authority, Jerusalem became a mystery Babylon?

Nehemiah was a scribe of Moses Laws,( war between Moses and David’s covenant)Nehemiah vowed that because they Had not all followed Moses Laws, hereby the Kingdom had fallen and been taken captive, He believed ,All the Fathers and Kings before him Had disobeyed God?? , So as governor He entered Israel into the renewed curse of Law to follow the Law

following after Moses and Not King David, The Entire Kingdom Was forced with death threats, to re establish Moses Laws, to King David’s throne, Neh 10:29 They clave to their brethren, their nobles, and entered into a curse, and into an oath, to walk in God's law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe and do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and his judgments and his statutes; sacrificing and offering, without choice, Neh 13:25 And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, [saying], Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves.

This Man Nehemiah was cruel ruthless and acting In Gods Name, Much Blood shed, And Killing, casting out females and children, the Kingdom lived under harsh punishments hatred,

The tribes were not even allowed to talk to other tribes, I guess to prevent any rising up against them to a lose of control

Until the Man called, Jesus came walking into Kingdom that ruled with an Iron rod,

Who then was known for turning the tables up in temples, where they sold Animals for sacrificing, destroying the curse of Power, By Influencing freedom of the Law to follow the law

He was called the Son OF David, and upheld the covenant Statues of his father throne as those of and everlasting Kingdom for earth.

The Battle set in array, the Nations of Judah and Israel,

Government of Judah, being follows bent on of Moses Law

Law of Death if you do not follow all the Law

As it is today still living… Minds set, against anyone that refuses their laws

People assigned as fuel for the fire, because they do not wish to do all their Laws and rituals

So, you're saying that Christians don't have to follow the law? They can murder and steal and still go to Heaven?

WAY BACK THEN?

Pharaohs and army’s destroyed

Exiling captives, oppressed salves, Some how still KEPT alive?

Slaves,only, to build kingdoms free of charge?

Kingdom of Kingdoms, rules

o To be the wealthiest in the LAND?

Power to terrify, control ON earth?

What’s has made a difference to Day?

Killing One Cockroach, Destroyed a Whole Nation to come?

Your sooo... needy Jun?

So, you're saying that Christians don't have to follow the law? They can murder and steal and still go to Heaven?

Hi

PAUL, explains that he was following the Law, raised in the manner of the "perfect Law" allowing Killing (Heresies oaths past by Nehemiah),

Paul destroyed and took Many Lives, cursed to believing he was doing Good,

So I would Say, he WOULD OF thought he, was going to Heaven?

Don't be Mistaken, Don’t be Mislead, the next Christian that comes along is probably doing the same THING?

PAUL Jumps from Law to the grace, pardoned

Act 22:1 ¶ Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence [which I make] now unto you. Act 22:2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)

Act 22:3 I am verily a man [which am] a Jew, born in Tarsus, [a city] in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, [and] taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day. Act 22:4 And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.

It seems, that The God of Israel, is full of Mercy, He knows the Intentions of the heart, And looks therein, not our failing actions?

For what the heart has not yet, understood grace abounds,

Then is it then still called a hearing when a deaf Man goes to court? Think Not…

Your sooo... needy Jun?

I'd posit the Reverend,

Far from 'needy' being,

Is arriving

At th' conclusion

That Veil's posturing

Is truly a tale told by an idiot,

Full of Sound and fury

And signifying

Nothing.

Since sturm, drang, und blitz,

Or