Goodbye Jesus

Greetings

True Guidance

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I stumbled upon this forum by chance. I think I was searching for info on Original Sin.

I am a Muslim. My purpose here is to inspire those who are truly seeking God. I am not here to preach about Islam but help you find your way to God. There is no compulsion or intimidation in religion. And God guides those who only truly seek him.

The following Chapter from Quran defines God:

================

THE UNITY, SINCERITY, ONENESS OF GOD, CHAPTER NO. 112

112.001 Say: He is God, the One and Only;

112.002 God, the Eternal, Absolute;

112.003 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

112.004 And there is none like unto Him.

The following Chapter from Quran defines Islam:

================

THE OPENING, CHAPTER NO. 001

001.001 In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

001.002 Praise be to God, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the world;

001.003 Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

001.004 Master of the Day of Judgment.

001.005 Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

001.006 Show us the straight way,

001.007 The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go

not astray.

I am doing this because I admire my fellow human who is truly seeking God in desperation and doubt. It is never a secure feeling for many of us when we lose faith and our purpose in life. Therefore, I want to inspire people to find God and their purpose in life the correct way. By "correct way" I imply that my understanding of life and existence according to Islam and my well developed reasoning and logic from academia. I am a graudate student in Engineering.

I live in USA and I love it here. People are beautiful and very social. Everywhere I go I see a sense of community and duty to one's society. There is goodness in everyone regardless of religion or color. We are all humans and we are all good by nature. We are all equal before God. Our materialistic accomplishments are irrelevant but rather our intentions behind these accomplishments. Intentions that arise from our human nature and our faith in God. Therfore, we shall only differ before God in matters of faith and obedience to him.

Let this be one of my contributions to the Global society and especially the America society.

Peace Be Unto You

Greetings True Guidance.

I hope that you have a reasonable expectation of what you will encounter here.

My purpose here is to inspire those who are truly seeking God.

God doesn't exist.

Hope this helps.

By "correct way" I imply that my understanding of life and existence according to Islam and my well developed reasoning and logic from academia. I am a graudate student in Engineering.

Logic and reasoning? Where?

Welcome to the forums True Guidance, I would very much like to read your well developed reasoning and logic because mine is somehow underdeveloped.

:D

I sought Jesus, but he was not at the Help Desk, then or ever..

Soon after waking up from a self induced sleep found that direction was whereever my compass would lead me.

Have no need for heavenly GPS and fear of fuckin' up, trying to work my big ass into a small spot on the proper side of the almighty jerk-off in the skies..

Every god man has created he has killed eventually. I exist in part to drive the stake into the sand dieties heart and in turn kill it too.

kFL

I smell a troll.

But it was funny, nevertheless. :)

Answer my query and I'll listen to you. Why does this site whose membership consists of those who rejected belief in God seem like a place to you where there are people who are "truly seeking God"? Understand what we seek is not "God", as that has been proved to be delusion, but we seek reality. We seek reality.

Do you offer reality?

Hmm...a representative of the evolving, tribal, goat herder god. I'll pass but welcome to the forums.

Unless by that you mean a generic "The Divine" instead of a single deity, you won't have much luck with that in this place. But I'm sure you are aware of that.

There is no compulsion or intimidation in religion.

Quite a few people might disagree here. For example, Salman Rushdie. Or the girl who recently got stoned to death for the oh-so-terrible "sin" of falling in love with someone who wasn't of the "right" brand of islam. :scratch:

So, from reading this one posting of yours, you may be one of the kind ones. We'll see. And now on to the rest of this thread.

I am doing this because I admire my fellow human who is truly seeking God in desperation and doubt.

Hi TG, I'm not sure you will find many here who meet this criteria. But I won't speak for everyone. As for myself, I don't seek that which I don't believe exists. And I have never been more at peace.

Thank you everyone for the replies. My intention is only to share what I believe is the correct way to seek God. I will not get into religious discussion or defending Islam. So my stay here will be short. My hope is that a troubled person who is really seeking faith in God would benefit from my beliefs. Thats All. No compulsion or intimidation in religion. It would also be enlightening for me to receive criticism as it will help me reshape my way of thinking. I do not know if my education is suitable for thinking logically in religious matters. But we shall figure it out soon.

Good day everyone. God bless America.

I sought Jesus, but he was not at the Help Desk, then or ever..

Soon after waking up from a self induced sleep found that direction was where ever my compass would lead me.

Have no need for heavenly GPS and fear of fuckin' up, trying to work my big ass into a small spot on the properside of the almighty jerk-off in the skies..

Ever god man has created he has killed eventually. I exist in part to drive the stake into the sand dieties heart and in turn kill it too.

kFL

Greetings,

You have pinpointed one of the mistakes in seeking God. Jesus is God of Christianity. He may or may not be the true God. I will get into all this in another thread.

Regards

Trueguidence, I reject the religion of Abraham, wether it be called Islam, Christian, or Jewish. The God of Abraham does not exist, nor is anyone who claims to be a prophet anyone but a self deluded scheister. If it be possible, could we remove this would be Islamic evangelist to the Lion's den, please? Thank you.

Greetings,

I assure you that I will not preach about Islam. I will only post my beliefs on how to seek God from a neutral point of view.

Regards

Answer my query and I'll listen to you. Why does this site whose membership consists of those who rejected belief in God seem like a place to you where there are people who are "truly seeking God"? Understand what we seek is not "God", as that has been proved to be delusion, but we seek reality. We seek reality.

Do you offer reality?

Greetings,

Yes. I will only refer to logic and reasoning in seeking God. I will not associate him with any religion. There will be few who come here to seek God or to state that they have failed to seek him and they still have the desire to.

Regards

Hey there True Guidance. It appears you need guidance. That guidance cannot be found in superstitious beliefs in gods or supernatural powers, only from within you.

It would also be enlightening for me to receive criticism as it will help me reshape my way of thinking.

You can start by realising that god (by any name or definition) is a delusion. Logic and reasoning doesn't come into the equasion when talking about fictional human constructs.

I used to not understand why so many followers of Islam would come here to convert the weak among us (which, the idea there are any really weak people here is as much a fiction as the God of Abraham). But I am starting to understand that this place would be a magnet for them, because they know that we all confess to not accepting Jesus...but make the false assumption that we wish to replace Jesus with another "True God".

I Welcome you TG, to the boards, as the others have. I hope your stay is not short, or else all you will have proved is that you were not here to engage us in conversation, but only here to make yourself feel superior for your strongly held beliefs. I think you will find that those here have spent much time using logic and reson, and have come to conclusions not held within any mainstream religious system of Abraham.

Thank you everyone for the replies. My intention is only to share what I believe is the correct way to seek God. I will not get into religious discussion or defending Islam. So my stay here will be short. My hope is that a troubled person who is really seeking faith in God would benefit from my beliefs. Thats All. No compulsion or intimidation in religion. It would also be enlightening for me to receive criticism as it will help me reshape my way of thinking. I do not know if my education is suitable for thinking logically in religious matters. But we shall figure it out soon.

Good day everyone. God bless America.

Welcome to Ex-C. Sorry your stay will be short but at least you're upfront about it. I believe that many here have already searched diligently for god, If he exists he doesn't wish to be found.

People who think they have found the True ™ God are tantamount to finding the True ™ Father Christmas, Santa, or Kris Kringle. Funny how gawds seem to fill all the requirements for individuals seeking them, they of course hate and love all the same people as the True ™ Believer.

Religious matters never coincide with Logic. Faith isn't a friend to logic and reason many already know this, except believers oddly enough. :thanks:

I'm afraid that's not true, my friend. If you read the quran (or the bible for that matter) you will find plenty of hate and intimidation in it. Unless of course, you twist everything out of context and ignore countless passages, which is what most religious people do when they claim their religion is one of peace.

Now, I'm not saying that YOU use intimidation. If you don't, that's great, although I always find it somewhat hypocritical (but it's better than being an ass about your religion). All I'm saying is, it's in the book. And you'll agree, if you'll just open your mind and really, really READ the words that are written.

Anyway, you seem like a cool guy but I'm afraid you'll be disappointed if you expect anyone here to fall for your religion.

Proving God with logic? What kind of logic? Formal, fuzzy or maybe the new quantum logic?

I'm afraid that's not true, my friend. If you read the quran (or the bible for that matter) you will find plenty of hate and intimidation in it. Unless of course, you twist everything out of context and ignore countless passages, which is what most religious people do when they claim their religion is one of peace.

Right.

Examples of the "Peaceful" and "Non intimidating" religion: (all of these are just examples of Christians forced to convert to Islam)

http://www.human-rights-and-christian-pers...org/coptic.html

http://www.jubileecampaign.co.uk/world/ind13.htm

http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/lif...Islam/22375/p1/

And that's because the Quran says:

9:73, "O Prophet! Struggle against the unbelievers and hypocrites and be harsh with them"

9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free.

4:89, They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Peaceful religion? Hardly.

It can't become a tolerant religion until the dhimmi is replaced with full equality and the full right for everyone, regardless of religion or lack thereof.

Do you offer reality?

Greetings,

Yes. I will only refer to logic and reasoning in seeking God. I will not associate him with any religion. There will be few who come here to seek God or to state that they have failed to seek him and they still have the desire to.

Regards

Using logic and reason to assess a thing that purported to exist outside the natural world, seems illogical in itself. I'm certain that any of the types of arguments you may offer begin and end with the reasoning faculties of the human being. Man takes what he knows at any given time, and attempts to extrapolate from there "explanations" for what he doesn't yet understand. This can be seen in the mythologies of beings like us, but just bigger and with strangely different features like omniscient thought, making the world from balls of mud, and shaping people from clay.

What happens is that as man's knowledge increases from what they understood as true in the dark ages, these logic and reason arguments for explaining reality begin to sound more and more like tales of elves, and fairies, and gods, or a single God, if you will. The apologist defending an emotionally/culturally inherited belief in any said God will fitfully try to do what our ancient ancestors did in claiming that some sky-being breathed air into clay figurines and made them into real people.

I don't expect anything that surpasses this, and it's illogical that I should. Why? Because a god is supposed to exist beyond what man can understand. So why should logic be a tool to lead to belief? Belief of gods evolved as man evolved. Take Judaism, adopting Babylonian religions into their stories. Take Christianity taking this evolved Judaism and blending it with the Greek and Roman mystery religions. Take Islam taking both these evolved Judaism, and Christianity, and various Arabian tribal pagan moon worship beliefs and blending them altogether into the "final" revelation. What I see is man struggling to explain the universe through the prevailing "logic" of the day. I expect no different today from any apologist, as I have seen this pattern repeated before my eyes from every religion who claims to have the Truth, with a big T.

If you can openly acknowledge the very human creations of Islam, of Christianity, and of Judaism, recognizing that Man created these "revealed" truths about God first, then I'll be interested in hearing reasons why God should exist. If however you deny that these things are supported by the evidence that we have, and instead insist that they are hand delivered in perfect form direct from the mouth of a perfect God, then no amount of logic you may employ will speak anything to someone who knows that the earth isn't 6000 years old, and that no religion in its present form is pure anything from some imagined paradise in the sky.

Deal?

Greetings again fellows

I believe many of you misunderstood my intentions. I am not going to prove the existence of God or defend against he propaganda launched on Islam. I have read many arguments and accusations against God and Islam. I still chose to believe in Islam. But this is my personal faith and my personal relation with God. We are not equal because we live different independent lives. So our relation with God is personal and vary from one person to another.

I will not preach about Islam and intimidate you to convert to Islam through heaven and hell argument. And I refuse to be arrogant and look down on humans who are not Muslims. I only intend to share with you the proper way to seek God (not Islam) and hence God shall guide you to the true religion (different outcomes depending on how you seek God). Maybe when I start posting you will get my point.

Kindest Regards

you are going to help us find god? Why did he get lost?

Seriously though, You don't seem nearly as jerk like as most of the fundy Christians we get here, but, In my opinion Islam is guilty of the exact same excesses that Christianity commits.

The reliance of faith (belief without evidence is always a bad idea)

Morality based on the supposed teachings of an unseen being.

Spiritual terrorism (telling people, believe or burn)

You may personally not believe in all of these, but thats not really the point. I left Christianity because I was tired of stuff like this, I'm far to skeptical to just jump into another similar religion. It just isn't going to happen.

There are certain philosophies/religions I like, Non-theistic Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism. It's not that I don't have a purpose in life, but that God just doesn't figure into that purpose, because he doesn't exist in my opinion. Considering that none of the evidence available seems to indicate there is a god, I'm going to need some extraordinary evidence to convince me otherwise.

Thank you everyone for the replies. My intention is only to share what I believe is the correct way to seek God.

Ego. Anyone who believes there is only one way, or that their way is the "correct" way to seek anything is brazenly announcing the trully poderous proportions of their own ego.

You disagree? Notice that you announce your purpose here is to guide us? You do NOT announce a desire or intention of trying to understand our beliefs as they are.

YOU came HERE. You have walked into OUR home....and without asking to be shown around, offered to "fix" our wallpaper (without even seeing it first).

I will not get into religious discussion or defending Islam. So my stay here will be short.

Bye. Clearly you are unwilling to get to know us....just want to hand out your teachings and git. You aren't offering friendship, or curiosity about our beliefs. You're just dangling your bait to see if anyone bites, and if none of the fish are interested, you are moving on to the next fishing hole. We aren't real people to you, just an opportunity to sell what you have to offer. So...bye.

My hope is that a troubled person who is really seeking faith in God would benefit from my beliefs.

What about this website gave you the impression you would find "troubled people seeking faith in god"? Is there a statement somewhere Webmaster Dave put up that I'm unaware of? Aren't you making an assumption by equating people who reject religion with people who are troubled? You want to find a website with people who are troubled and want a relationship with a deity, berhaps you should google "finding faith forums" or the like. Because "Ex-Christian" does not in any way imply (except to a faulty assumptive way of thinking) that is a driving theme for anyone here.

It would also be enlightening for me to receive criticism as it will help me reshape my way of thinking.

One can hope.

I only intend to share with you the proper way to seek God (not Islam) and hence God shall guide you to the true religion (different outcomes depending on how you seek God).

To make my post easier to respond to in light of what you say here, answer how man is to seek God when he believes based on evidence that God is a human-created idea? The evidence supports a developed idea, and all religions without exception are products of human imagination. God is us, we are God.

I would say then that we should seek ourselves, and hence find God. That is what we all do. We just don't label it as something like "God"