Goodbye Jesus

Annunaki?

Guest flap

Guest flap

ok , ive been shot down by the whole god thing, ripped off in every concievble way , boo hoo sorry about my luck etc.i have been readin a lot about the annunaki- base idea ; a buncha space men that came down to extract gold to use on their planet ;they got bored with workin and took people and created ''modern man'' by genetic alteration- also they decided hey needed to be worshipped as gods and are responsible for the mythical hoo hah from greece rome etc, also allegedly they installed built in refinements to make everyone behave and ''require'' religion because their lot was to be slaves to work in the mines- thats the base idea, also sposed to return here shortly in 2012. im curious to know if anyone here has a take on this , seems the bible stories were around looooong before the bible antidiluvian i believe is the term used63 civilizations that tell the story of father son and the rise from the dead after the floodall predating the bible 3to 6 thousand years, anyone feel im bein led down yet another primrose path, see i ''forgave'' those who despitefully used me to the point i got nothin left to lose or steal. is there anything left to believe in other than stickin my hand down my pants and singin ''i got the whoooole world , in my hands''?

A Sitchin reader? You don't read as old enough to remember Von Daniken, and only Sitchin refers to the Anunnaki...

Interesting fantasy... slightly better than L. Ron Hubbard's stuff, and not a religion. I like the books since they remind me of Lovecraft (Call of Cthulhu, or At the Mouintains of Madness) in that they are an interesting blend of fiction and exceptionally obscure research, with no good outcome for humanity at the end...

The whole bit about the "annunaki"...totally ripped off and bastardized from the brilliant Sumerians. Learn about them for what they were and blow off this other crap.

is there anything left to believe in other than stickin my hand down my pants and singin ''i got the whoooole world , in my hands''?

Yes. Do this as well...although not at the same time as the above or you may develop a Sumerian culture fetish like I did (oops...gotta go. :jerkit: ).

BTW. Welcome aboard.

mwc

Uh...let's try turning on our Reality Checker shall we?

Whence cometh all this shit about "space men"?

What makes you think anything about the bible is any more than bronze age mythology?

Flap...if you want to be real, think real.

TBH Sitchin goes to the legends of Sumer and then Stargates them... He claims the bible is a pale reflection of the Sumerian legends, and he does claim that Yahweh (I AM) is just a Sumerian God, which is something we all knew... however, the swinging from the crazy tree starts when he claims that the Gods of Sumer have an objective existence in a very Von Danikenesq sense, although crossed with Mongo rather than nuts and bolts UFOs as the primary base. The Nemesis planet theory was the closest mainstream science ever came to Sitchin's ideas, and that was to explain the ~65 million year extinction pattern in the fossil record. Hubble killed it dead... However Sitchin sits in the niches left by Velikovsky, Churchward and Von Daniken... like Von D he's pretty personable... and his scholarship is better than Von Dankien's... although that is saying that Cow dung tastes better than Horse... in the end it's still dung... if you treat it as true...

Wiki article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anunnaki

The Anunnaki (also transcribed as: Anunnaku, Ananaki) are a group of Sumerian and Akkadian deities related to, and in some cases overlapping with, the Annuna (the 'Fifty Great Gods') and the Igigi (minor gods).

Though it is discounted by scholars, some proponents of ancient astronaut theories especially Zecharia Sitchin, Laurence Gardner and David Icke claim that the Anunnaki were in fact extra-terrestrials who came to Earth in antiquity and created or tampered with the genetic makeup of primitive mankind. They propose various readings of the word, two of which are "anu-na-ki" and "an-unnak-ki", both translated something like 'those who came from heaven to Earth'.

The Anunnaki were the High Council of the Gods, and Anu's companions. They were distributed through the Earth and the Underworld.

Wiki article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anunnaki

The Anunnaki (also transcribed as: Anunnaku, Ananaki) are a group of Sumerian and Akkadian deities related to, and in some cases overlapping with, the Annuna (the 'Fifty Great Gods') and the Igigi (minor gods).

Though it is discounted by scholars, some proponents of ancient astronaut theories especially Zecharia Sitchin, Laurence Gardner and David Icke claim that the Anunnaki were in fact extra-terrestrials who came to Earth in antiquity and created or tampered with the genetic makeup of primitive mankind. They propose various readings of the word, two of which are "anu-na-ki" and "an-unnak-ki", both translated something like 'those who came from heaven to Earth'.

The Anunnaki were the High Council of the Gods, and Anu's companions. They were distributed through the Earth and the Underworld.

"Sir" Laurence Gardner* and David Icke have jumped on Sitchin's bandwagon. Old Uncle Zech is still the best read of the three. Gardner is probably the least (IMO) honest of the three, Icke has a dissociative personality disorder, and Sitchin is a fantasist...

* - The knighthood is very dubious.... and he is prone to the great excesses of Priory of Sion and the blood line of Christ, as well as 'space gods'

Ever get the feeling I'm more catholic in my reading than most people?

Guest flap

ive read all that was posted and thank you for the replies. sort of my point in skin was that i have a hard time believin that all creation come for a coupla dust bunnies bumpin butts in space 4 billion years ago, i could be wrong.also goin from the idea that any technology sufficiently advanced is virtually indistinguishable from magic, the idea here being that possibly some of what the sumerians talked about had some basis in fact but they didnt understand how to explain or perhaps understand it. i aint no christian, never will be, but its kinda hard to believe that there aint somthin and that all the religious crap floatin around out there is merely endorphin stimulation discovered millenia ago and used for basic crowd control only, so whats the consensus on reincarnation( do i come back as a carnation twice?), im in texas so the only place i get to talk to anyone calmly about somthin other than biblical jesus is here in this forum and others like it . i try talkin to homefolks here and it tends to lead to fistfights. now , all that said i do admit to havin read the bible a few times in self defence so the local idiots who want me to ''do what they say'' can be easily shot down with their own crap( and that is soooo easy)seems like 99% of themjust want to be in charge and tell everbody else what to do, also for what its worth im 49 and well remember von daniken as he published when i was in high school

"sort of my point in skin was that i have a hard time believin that all creation come for a coupla dust bunnies bumpin butts in space 4 billion years ago"

Is this some Texan creation myth I've missed out on?