Goodbye Jesus

Why I'm Not An Atheist.

Guest marv

Again, I understand people who have a hard time believing in someone they have never seen or heard.

Not at all. Not at all. It’s about credibility.

Wow, I've only just noticed how inaccurate it is when xtians claim that atheists have a hard time believing what they can't see or hear.

I have no problem believing in quarks, electrons and black holes. Not because I can see or hear them - but because there is evidence for them.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Antlerman

• Legion

• Azure Knight

So in a sense, I do see religious people, and especially Christians be very prideful about being stupid and refuse to activate their gray matter.

Another good point. In fact, who the hell do christians think they are telling us that our intelligence is a source of pride and arrogance?

How many christians have enormous pride and arrogance themselves, all in the name of their religion? So, it's ok to have religion as your source of pride and arrogance, just don't let your intelligence be your source of pride and arrogance!

This is my first post, I don't plan on being a regular here (this will probably be my only post) because debating and arguing with others regarding the choices they have made really is not something I enjoy or want to spend time doing.

Others have already said this, but why bother with you? It's not just debate or arguing, but conversation. You're talking AT us not to us. You place yourself so far above me you have nothing to learn from me, or anyone here. You're not going to read me, learn from me and respect me, why should I you?

I have news for you, you will NEVER prove God's existence.

Well OF COURSE you can never prove this! It is impossible to prove the existence of something that doesn't actually exist!! :lmao:

But if you just close your eyes, tap your heels together three times and repeat over and over "Jesus is real", "Jesus is real", "Jesus is real", then he will be! :lmao::lmao:

You religious kooks really crack me up! :lmao::lmao:

I read the whole post while having a cup of tea, the tea tasted nice before I started but it got funny at the end... what do they put in those things?

I read the whole post while having a cup of tea, the tea tasted nice before I started but it got funny at the end... what do they put in those things?

It's oxidation. The tea you're using probably isn't suitable for your water. Does the kettle get limescaled quickly?

No Gramps, it was an obscure reference to my excitement upon seeing the post title thinking that I was gonna get treated to something thought provoking and challenging... I was disappointed in the end like I said. I did have a cuppa though and there is nothing wrong with Earl Grey or our water quality.

Or maybe you meant what I was alluding to but I'm not cryptic enough to read it :D

I was being ironic about a discussion of tea brewing and water condition would be more fun than Wandering Marv's polemic...

Yeah I saw it like that, I think I need more tea, my pick-up ability wanes during this time of the day (late morning in NZ).

Twinings Everyday Tea is rather nice...

I'll try that sometime, I've stocked up on earl.

I don't take sugar coz (to burrow a line from the movie Snatch) I'm sweet enough :D

I'll try that sometime, I've stocked up on earl.

I don't take sugar coz (to burrow a line from the movie Snatch) I'm sweet enough :D

When my mother tried me on sugared tea she ended up with a blast shadow of herself up the wall in tea. I was almost 1 at the time (and was adorable)

Must've been the added milk, I prefer mine dark... my mother is a Mormon and the thought of her feeding me tea at that time would've probably brought her dinner out from the night before.. nah that wouldn't be adorable

I've noticed that there seems to be a common trait among many Atheists, they are a very, highly intelligent group of people. I feel that their intellect is a sense of pride for them and also a huge stumbling block for them to ever open their hearts up to God.

Right there....didn't have to read any further than that right there. ANYONE who would deign to devalue a part of me I treasure most in such a way deserves neither my attention, nor my respect.

May you rot in your ignorant "bliss". You deserve it.

Post and run from the get-go. Why bother reading, let alone replying?

Exactly. I just skimmed it, amd skipped 90% of it overall.

What a pussy - can't even stick around to debate his outrageous claims. Doesn't even have the balls to stand up for his god or his beliefs and take the heat - just shit-and-run. Xianity is truly a gutter religion, fit only for human rejects :jerkit:

Post and run from the get-go. Why bother reading, let alone replying?

Yeah, this guy is an ignorant flake. But name one christian that isn't.

*sigh* Does Ex-Christian really say anything to people? Marv, your post completely show that you don't even know what kind of people you're talking to, so why even bother arguing or posting anything? The majority of the people here were Christians once and some (many) spent many years as Christians, and some even went to Bible schools, mission trips or even became ministers. You're not talking to a group of people that have no clue what faith is or what the Bible say. You only prove yourself being an ignorant person from get-go. If you're not planning on coming back, I'll let this topic be up until tomorrow and then delete it. This topic doesn't have any value for anyone here.

Yeah I went to a Bible School. It has about as much credibility as the Hubbard College of Administration.

Oops, it appears God created us with brains we weren't supposed to use.

Obviously. His believers don't use them.

Why is it fundies are afraid of intelligence? Yes intelligence is a stumbling block to believing in the Christian god, because I would HAVE to be brain damaged to ever let my self be sucked back into that non-sense.

Yeah. You'd have to hit me over the head with a 2x4 to get me to go to a Christian church.

What absolute non-sense, God intentionally makes it difficult for us to believe and then will punish us when we fail to believe? Are you freaking listing to yourself? If my choice is between hell, and eternity kissing the ass of the sort of jerk you claim to believe in, well, hell doesn't sound too bad by comparison.

Yeah. By definition, that's what heaven is going to be. Humm, I wonder if this means that God loves yes men?

Wow, an honest seagull fundie. That's a change for sure. :lmao:

Fundies don't mean to be liars. I mean, if garbage is put into something, you have to expect garbage to come out.

"You should speak your own thoughts. Not someone else’s. "

You credit him with the ability to do so? :lmao:

Fundamental christians don't think. If they do, they won't be fundies for long. So it is difficult to expect them to speak their own thoughts.

You just lost every last bit of credibility right there. That's where I stopped reading.

He had credibility?

Yeah, this guy is an ignorant flake. But name one christian that isn't.

Ah Kyle, I hope that you get the opportunity to meet Open-Minded. She is a Christian that often visits here, but has taken a break recently. She is not a flake, nor is she ignorant in my opinion.

Was that some sort of inside joke?

Not at all. Just the facts, as many of us see them my man.

Not at all. Just the facts, as many of us see them my man.

Ah. I'm still kinda new to the forums.

Ah. I'm still kinda new to the forums.

No problem Kyle. By the way, I have yet to welcome you here. Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I've met some fantastic people in this place. I didn't know that there were so many ex-C's. I'm glad that you found your way out of Christianity too.

Do you think of yourself as an atheist?

Nothing new here.

Move along.

"But name one christian that isn't"

My old pal Fr. Richard

Fr. Charlie

Maurice B.

Crystal W.

Bishop John Shelby Spong

You know something that's really sad? Not only did this guy post this with the stated intention not to reply, he hasn't even cared enough to log back in and bothered to read any responses. That really speaks volumes about how he views us as people. He just felt compelled to stop by to squeeze some words out of his ass and leave us worms to feast on the steaming dung pile of his thoughts.

My god, and this is supposed tell us about God's love where we want it?? These people have some serious religious issues. I would love for these would be evangelists to actually explain what this guys faith has done for him, and why any of us should be interested in become some defected human being like this guy? "This is your life on God". A thousand times, No Thank You.

There is some interesting stuff for us though in the conversation we've had, and he may not have logged in, but he'll be lurking. Vanity being what it is :)