Goodbye Jesus

Why I'm Not An Atheist.

Guest marv

Guest Bill F

Thanks for the kind words - rather humbled to be asked to stick around for a while.

Regarding spreading the message to fellow believers, I don't personally know any who post on forums such as this (nor any who have been disrespectful or unloving to ex-Christians). Spreading the message is probably more about actions than words - my own experience in this area is that 2 or 3 years ago, my teenage daughter (who previously had said she was a Christian) stopped going to church, saying it was "all crap" and that she didn't believe it any more. I talked to her about it, but didn't force the issue, criticise, argue, etc - she had already heard everything that mattered from me and from the church over many years, and she was now able to make her own decision, so I just carried on loving and supporting her, as I hope any parent would. As it happens, she has recently returned to the church, and is thinking deeply about all these issues again.

Darth - I agree that much of it comes down to faith v evidence, plus things like the characteristics of God as described in the Bible. I do understand why many people cannot accept Christianity, or have rejected it. At times, I have struggled with concerns and questions, and I know other Christians who have too. In my case, my reasons for believing have outweighed other arguments. I couldn't imagine being relieved to have become an ex-Christian, as some have said on here - the questions I'd still have would be bigger than any other questions I might have resolved. It's a very big subject - perhaps I should try to post something on the 'Why I remain a Christian' thread.

Best wishes to all.

Bill

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Harley

• Antlerman

• Legion

• Azure Knight

We got another Christian in one thread.......niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Welcome to exchristian.net prepare for the worst...we are nice people but when we get to the real debating prepare for the worst :fdevil:

All seriousness welcome and I hope you enjoy your journey here because it can be a roller coaster.Also your story on the last post made me sad inside I don't know why but it was touching. We will try to help as much as we can, right fellow posters. :grin: I like your first post but that still does not address on tiny little bitty detail is out of there.

True the diciples did left and Cheezus did not run down the hill. ( Note for first time poster I use satire a lot in my posts) But you are forgetting they are going to hell so Jesus has no reason to care.

I will talk about hell more when we get to it.

I appreciate your altitude with your daughter, whatever she chooses to believe in the end.

I was too old for my parents to have any say when I deconverted, but my sister is still in high school and when she told my parents she was having doubts their response was to force her to go to church "for her own good" as they put it.

These days she is pretty much an atheist with an interest in eastern philosophy. My parents still force her to go to church...on the other hand she sure gives those baptist Sunday school teachers headaches :D

Bill, my hat off to you for being honest. Looking forward to your posts. Just know that Christians are not always treated fairly or nicely here, but you seem so decent that I can't find anything to slam you with. :grin: (At least not now... ;) )

Bill, my hat off to you for being honest. Looking forward to your posts. Just know that Christians are not always treated fairly or nicely here, but you seem so decent that I can't find anything to slam you with. :grin: (At least not now... ;) )

You are right on that I having nothing to slam him with yet. He seems like a good Christian and we all know there is not many of them around that come in these woods.

Well this is where the fun begins when he tells us more of why he believes in Jeus K. Christ.

Guest Bright

Well, the fact that we go on and on and on at this topic shows we've more to say than "marv".

I would enjoy a debate with him / her.

I don't have anything to say, I'm reading articles at talkorigins.org about the fallacies of Creationism / ID and have had about enough of these absurd ideas of theirs, we should find better things to do than take them seriously!

I prefer debates with fellow vertebrates...

Guest BradtheImpaler
You know, I've noticed a trend here now. There used to be lots of evangelists who took us on full bore, with pages after pages of debate (granted it was more a massacre than debate), but they used to come. Now the only things we get is Muslims or post and flee weak-kneed Christians. What's up with that? Has word gotten out over at Christian Forums that you'll loose your faith if you try to defend it over here or something?

They only hunt in packs. You'll find plenty of atheists/aggies on Christian forums but not the other way around.

They don't hunt... sheep don't hunt... they bleat and fart loudly but it means little...

• 2 weeks later...
you will NEVER prove God's existence.

There you go, while I thank you for the compliment on intelligence, not all atheists are intelligent as is the same for christians, som are unbelievably narrow-minded. But as you said we will never prove the existence of God, niether will you, but christians still preachas if he does exist so atheists will still say he doesnt. And why is it that you wont post again? Not wanting to argue is not a reason as you should know that that post would automatically start one.

Im going to be a bit cruel here, but, in christianity, your object of obsession and worship, is the cross, if Jesus was real and he came back, wouldnt that be the LAST thing he wanted to see?

Im going to be a bit cruel here, but, in christianity, your object of obsession and worship, is the cross, if Jesus was real and he came back, wouldnt that be the LAST thing he wanted to see?

I think it was Lenny Bruce who first did that stand-up comedy routine where he said that if Jesus had been executed in the first half of the 20th century, little Catholic schoolgirls would today be wearing miniture golden electric chairs on chains around their necks. Yep, christinsanity is a death cult.

British Comedian Jeremy Hardy once said that the cross always seemed bad taste. You'd think Jesus wouldn't want reminding...

Post and run from the get-go. Why bother reading, let alone replying?

Yea, its funny how we non xtians will go onto christian websites to debate ask opinions or just spam and troll the hell out of it, but the xtians dont have the balls (or guts for you women) to come here and do the same, and if you do its always these post and runs, whats the matter, afraid of others opinions?

British Comedian Jeremy Hardy once said that the cross always seemed bad taste. You'd think Jesus wouldn't want reminding...

Hahaha, and if he was real and he came back, wouldnt that be the last thing he wanted to see? I could only imagine him walking into a church, seing the giant cross hanging above the alter,

Jesus:HOLY SHEEPSHIT BATMAN! ITS COME BACK TO FINISH THE JOB!

as he ducks behind the pastor or a pew

Hahaha, and if he was real and he came back, wouldnt that be the last thing he wanted to see? I could only imagine him walking into a church, seing the giant cross hanging above the alter,

Jesus:HOLY SHEEPSHIT BATMAN! ITS COME BACK TO FINISH THE JOB!

as he ducks behind the pastor or a pew

WHY IS THERE NO EDIT BUTTON, anyways, scratch the rop half of that, I just remembered and saw that I already asked that

Yea, its funny how we non xtians will go onto christian websites to debate ask opinions or just spam and troll the hell out of it, but the xtians dont have the balls (or guts for you women) to come here and do the same, and if you do its always these post and runs, whats the matter, afraid of others opinions?

Another Kurgan comment paraphrased... Chrsitians! No sense of humour...

and you don't have an edit button at 17 posts... it's to stop trolling...

Another Kurgan comment paraphrased... Chrsitians! No sense of humour...

and you don't have an edit button at 17 posts... it's to stop trolling...

Who is Kurgan?

and are you saying thatI have no sens of humor or christians?

(sorry im stil learning english)

The Kurgan was the 'evil' Immortal in Highlander, and had most of the best lines...

And Christians have no sense of humour when it comes to being debated on their demented undead demon god....

And Christians have no sense of humour when it comes to being debated on their demented undead demon god....

And it's usually a sign of insecurity and doubt.

Well, since we're paraphrasing the Kurgan, I have something to say! It's better to burn out, than to *pirouette* fade away!

Well, since we're paraphrasing the Kurgan, I have something to say! It's better to burn out, than to *pirouette* fade away!

That's a quote, not a paraphrase :)

Yeah, I did realize that; I was going to paraphrase and just decided not to.

Oh Highlander, I love that show