Female Sea Dragon

Naughtyhamster

Last year an art teacher of mine had the strangest assignments for his students.He wanted us to create a "fantasy sea creature" so here's mine, a female sea dragon. I'm lucky to have a good imagination as it's quite rare for the teacher to give an A to a student as a semester grade:

scan0003-1.jpg

Thanks! It took me about six hours of class time to do this sea dragon alone, and almost every day during our "creature creations" days in visual design class the teacher played Yellow Submarine and other psychedelic stuff on the television in our class. All that freaky shit got me into a wierd mood so I drew this up from a collage I created with human and animal parts. :HaHa:

Now I need someone to help me post a freaky little video I created on Photobucket. Does anyone know how I can do that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow...very nice NH!!

I like it.

You brought out the feminity poignantly. I even like that one tentacle appendage that comes up underneath her neck....gives her an extra flitratious aire.

*thumbsup*

btw: Quite a few of the artists I associate with draw these type pictures. Yesterday I got the coolest bearded rabbits and some other monsters...moth man and dracula owl. hehehe

NH...I'm at work right now, but just had the urge to pop in and post a link to this guy's work. I just unpacked his art submission today. When I checked his website, I thought of your sea dragon and thought you might enjoy his site...maybe get an idea or two to promote your own stuff someday. (Or maybe you already do that... :) )

http://www.hebermehl.com/

cheers,

~carol

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is kind of old, but right now I'm selling t-shirts with my sea dragon on it. I've already had business cards made with her on them, and I'm wondering where I can post my business cards around town. If anyone has done this kind of advertising (please!) I would like some good advice on how to give away my business cards. :)

I'm wondering,however,if it would be ok to post my Zazzle site here or not as I don't want to break any rules about advertising or anything. If a moderator or anyone gives me an OK I'll post the Zazzle site if it's ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I put a business card (back side showing with the url) on a billboard in the college art department next to a tacked up drawing of a man playing with himself. Someone took the card and flipped it over, then made it look like the masturbating guy is giving it to the sea dragon ( this is a prestigious university, but we have our usual gang of immature idiots :rolleyes:). I had to flip the card back around and add another card with the dragon side up, to show it was a business card.

For now on I'll put the card either in a restroom stall, or on the newspaper stands made for independent periodicals and business cards for raves and clubs.

I gave Mom some cards a few days ago while visiting her in the hospital as she always likes to brag about my " professional art career" (I've only sold five ceramic mushrooms, a few trippy watercolor paintings, and an acrylic rendition of an Impressionist painting and she thinks I've made it big) and my academics. She might as well give them to nurses and visitors.