Goodbye Jesus

Miracles PROVE God is real

webmdave

• Admin

According to some, miracles PROVE that God is real.

Maybe they're right!

What do you think?

To monitor comments posted to this topic, use comment-ful.gif.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/05...od-is-real.html

According to some, miracles PROVE that God is real.

Maybe they're right!

What do you think?

To monitor comments posted to this topic, use comment-ful.gif.

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2007/05...od-is-real.html

I think this is retarded. A statue that drinks milk? Like that would be hard to fake. If I drop a spoon full of milk onto the ground, it will eventually get absorbed into the dirt. Does that mean the dirt was thirsty? Many types of stone, or even certain types of pottery will absorb liquid. Perhaps the statue was impropperly fired when it was made?

Also, the scientist did come up with a perfectly plausable explination, in case you didn't notice.

I'd like to see someone hold up a spoonful of piss to Ganesh and see if he "drinks" that! And if so, what will they say then?

I'd like to see someone hold up a spoonful of piss to Ganesh and see if he "drinks" that! And if so, what will they say then?

If they give it a few shots of Tequila and it starts dancing on the altar and stripping, then I'll be impressed.

If they give it a few shots of Tequila and it starts dancing on the altar and stripping, then I'll be impressed.

:lmao:

The first problem you have is a "miracle" is entirely in the eye of the beholder. American troops can't cross a river due to flooding in Iraq thus slowing their expansion? Praise Allah!

Thousands of children die of a thousand different things every day, but one kid's lukemia goes into remission? Praise Jaysus!

And what would the interpretation have been when these statues drank other liquids? Like say....vodka? Or Grape Kool Aid?

And what happens if a statue of Mickey Mouse at Disney World does the same thing?

It is sad that "true believers" are so easily satisfied with a stunt David Copperfield could pull off in his sleep.

If that's all it takes (and it seems to) I could invent my own religion, and proof of it's miracles would be a guy with the mysterious ability to produce weiner dogs by twisting ballons together.

I'd love to see any of these nuts explain why their god would waste time horseshitting around with miracles that only a few people can witness at a time instead of making a grand appearance to all people and hooking us all up at once. It would sure help alleviate many problems as well as facilitate proper belief based on fact.

That, and explain why their god would mess with parlor tricks instead of answer all prayers offered in his name, as he promised to. Again, would make things easier, one would think :shrug:

Miracles are the result of people seeking supernatural explanations to explain things because they do not have enough information for a real explanation, and they can't live without some sort of explanation. Goddidit, for them, replaces physics and human physiology.

:lmao:

From experience, Jose Cuervo is nobodies' friend...

On topic... I don't know of many Hindus who think Ganesh is literally real, just a functional interface to Brahman... and Brahman is really just the underpinning 'reality' of the Universe, rather than inherently intelligent (he's not even awake... if he ever woke up that would be the end of the universe, since the dream (our reality) would end...