Goodbye Jesus

Scaring People Into Christianity

Guest crj900

Freaky.

Here's something I never really could understand with some (or many Christians): they approve to execution of criminals and they approve of killing people in war, but yet they somehow claim they care for people and want to save them from Hell? Why shorten someones life if that life is so important to save for Heaven??? Shouldn't a war in Iraq for instance be avoided by all costs to give people more time and give them one more chance to convert and avoid Hell? Why the rush to kill people and send them to Hell?

Why the rush to kill people and send them to Hell?

Because the God of the Bible is Agoraphobic (fear of public places, crowds).

I think they're scared. I used to think that if I was wrong about the pre-trib rapture (or got left behind for not being good enough) then I'd likely end up being tortured and beheaded by Muslims.

Second thought is that they feel like they're protecting Israel.

Third thought is that their master is in favor of wiping out evil nations. Sure it doesn't coincide with Jesus' general message, but who dare question the Almighty?

I think they're scared. I used to think that if I was wrong about the pre-trib rapture (or got left behind for not being good enough) then I'd likely end up being tortured and beheaded by Muslims.

I guess they never read "there's no fear in love" from the Bible.

But I think it is because they really, deep down, don't fully believe. They have serious doubts but live in denial of having them. That's why also most Christians are very afraid of dying. They seem to value their own life much more than their neigbors.

Second thought is that they feel like they're protecting Israel.

I don't see the correlation there... :scratch:

Why would they support war to kill non-Christian people and send them to Hell and simultaneous preach how terrible Hell is, only to protect Israel? I'm not sure about that one.

Third thought is that their master is in favor of wiping out evil nations. Sure it doesn't coincide with Jesus' general message, but who dare question the Almighty?

Still doesn't make me think they seriously believe in Hell. If they did, they rather work 120% to have peace and good relations so they can preach the gospel and convert as many as possible. But they seem to rather destroy as many as possible of the non-Christians, so they can live in their own peace. They're afraid of dying, and they're afraid of opposition. They don't really want to convert people or make them avoid Hell. They want them gone from the planet so they can have it to themselves. (Disclaimer: this doesn't apply to all Christians of course, but probably to a large enough group of them in US today.)

If the greatest sacrifice someone can make to prove their "love" is to die for this other person, wouldn't it make more sense if Christians went to Iraq and stood in the way, as human shields, for bullets and bombs, and made sure the Muslims could survive as long as possible and hopefully see the "love" Christians have and then convert? An action like that would seriously make them think.

But they seem to rather destroy as many as possible of the non-Christians, so they can live in their own peace. They're afraid of dying, and they're afraid of opposition. They don't really want to convert people or make them avoid Hell. They want them gone from the planet so they can have it to themselves. (Disclaimer: this doesn't apply to all Christians of course, but probably to a large enough group of them in US today.)

Thanks for this acknowledgement because I don't think the description fits some of the good people I know. One of my Christian profs came north to avoid fighting in the Vietnam war.

If the greatest sacrifice someone can make to prove their "love" is to die for this other person, wouldn't it make more sense if Christians went to Iraq and stood in the way, as human shields, for bullets and bombs, and made sure the Muslims could survive as long as possible and hopefully see the "love" Christians have and then convert? An action like that would seriously make them think.

Have you ever read up on Chrisian Peacemaker Teams? I haven't read up on them but I have personally known people who worked on CPT and heard a few of their testimonies. I think they come closer to doing that sort of thing you suggest. I don't think anybody takes it that far, though. I would guess it's illegal for anyone except highest government to demand a person to be a human shield and there are precious few people who take the idea of loving your "neightbour" (if that neighbour is in fact an ocean and a continent or two away and a total stranger) to that radical extent.

The question I was asking as I read your post was: If the Chrisians refused to fight, and it seems the exChristians are against this war, then who would fight it?

In other words, would we have world peace if the Christians refused to fight?

Of WW2 it has been said that if nobody fought the war the Germans would have taken over the world. I suppose some people would say the same thing of Iraq and the Muslims today. I don't understand that. If all, or the vast majority (99% and over), of a nation's citizens were loyal to their nation but refused to fight, what could an enemy do? Sure, they could move in but they would soon see that killing off all the people was not the most profitable way to go. Taking over the economy would make more sense. But how could they do that if everybody refused to obey their orders?

I'm trying to imagine the scenario. Iraqi government moves in, takes over government and the economy. But there are nowhere enough Iraqis to do all the work and no one else is going to lift a finger to work for them. No one will fight them but neither will anyone work for them. The entire country grinds to a stop. No food. No health care. Nor law enforcement. Water mains go quickly into disrepair. Iraqis would have no problem killing a couple Americans to force them to work. But if Americans refused to work AND refused to fight, what could the Iraqis do?

This will never happen but suppose it did?

I don't believe so.

But they seem to rather destroy as many as possible of the non-Christians, so they can live in their own peace. They're afraid of dying, and they're afraid of opposition. They don't really want to convert people or make them avoid Hell. They want them gone from the planet so they can have it to themselves. (Disclaimer: this doesn't apply to all Christians of course, but probably to a large enough group of them in US today.)

Thanks for this acknowledgement because I don't think the description fits some of the good people I know. One of my Christian profs came north to avoid fighting in the Vietnam war.

Have you ever read up on Chrisian Peacemaker Teams? I haven't read up on them but I have personally known people who worked on CPT and heard a few of their testimonies. I think they come closer to doing that sort of thing you suggest. I don't think anybody takes it that far, though. I would guess it's illegal for anyone except highest government to demand a person to be a human shield and there are precious few people who take the idea of loving your "neightbour" (if that neighbour is in fact an ocean and a continent or two away and a total stranger) to that radical extent.

The question I was asking as I read your post was: If the Chrisians refused to fight, and it seems the exChristians are against this war, then who would fight it?

Of WW2 it has been said that if nobody fought the war the Germans would have taken over the world. I suppose some people would say the same thing of Iraq and the Muslims today. I don't understand that. If all, or the vast majority (99% and over), of a nation's citizens were loyal to their nation but refused to fight, what could an enemy do? Sure, they could move in but they would soon see that killing off all the people was not the most profitable way to go. Taking over the economy would make more sense. But how could they do that if everybody refused to obey their orders?

I'm trying to imagine the scenario. Iraqi government moves in, takes over government and the economy. But there are nowhere enough Iraqis to do all the work and no one else is going to lift a finger to work for them. No one will fight them but neither will anyone work for them. The entire country grinds to a stop. No food. No health care. Nor law enforcement. Water mains go quickly into disrepair. Iraqis would have no problem killing a couple Americans to force them to work. But if Americans refused to work AND refused to fight, what could the Iraqis do?

This will never happen but suppose it did?

It's interesting to note that Hitler admitted that, if someone had stood up to him before Poland he'd have backed down, at least for a while

The passive reisistance scenario is a long haul option. I could see the Southern Asian mindset going for it... but Westerners? Nah! Place us under sufficient discomfort and we'd (as an average) sell our mothers for glue. The bellicose would die quickly, the refusniks would just become too much hassel for the people with children, or just who want comfort.

Heh - not surprised at any of that, since Xianity is a religion built on fear. Without the fear of eternal suffering, there's no need for the church's favorite bastard son nor for forcing everyone to change their minds about whatever else it is they believe and "accept" him :rolleyes:

Without fear, Xianity would not exist.

I don't believe so.

Neither do I. But if Hell was true and a real threat to humanity, and only Christians had the solution, then they're acting against better judgment by not doing everything they can (even die) to save every possible soul they can. Which they of course won't do, because deep down they do not really believe in the fables.

Meh.

A God prepared to curse other persons is more of a threat to those who worship him than to those who don't. *Goes back to worrying about the wrath of Apollo.*

Scare tactic video.

Comments? Dangerous? Brainwashing? Acceptable?

Hmph...what a ripoff. Not even a shot of the devil himself. Or even demons, a requisite for any decent devil-film. The only thing it had going for it was the spooky music, which sounded like it was taken right out of "The Exorcist" or "Omen".

Not sure about the music, but I'm pretty sure that the falling into hell thing is from Spawn.