Goodbye Jesus

If You Are A Christian

Ramen666

Guest Sinlingual

You must believe that there was light before the sun (Gen 1:3; Gen 1:16)

You must believe slavery is ok (Exodus 21) (1 Peter 2:18)

You must believe that there were materials that existed in the first place for "God" to make everything from!

You believe that all mention of wine in the Bible is really grape juice.

You believe that Noah's Ark and the Shroud of Turin are real.

You believe the bananna is proof that god exists.

You believe that circular reasoning is legitimate because circular reasoning is legitimate.

You believe that everyone has to believe in something.

You believe when something awful happens, it's not god's fault; he doesn't interfere.

You believe when something wonderful happens, it's because god made it happen.

You believe that Jesus is the god based on the Old Testament, but you also believe that the Old Testament has nothing to do with the New Covenant.

You believe you are above the law and don't have to pay taxes because you're doing god's work.

You believe that your denomination of Protestantism, that was founded in the nineteenth century, is the only true way.

You believe that the Bible is meant to be taken literally, except for the verses we've just pointed out to you. We've taken them "out of context”.

-If you are a man you must have short hair

-If you are a woman you must have long hair

-If you are a woman you must cover your head when praying

-If you are a woman and you do not cover your hair when praying you should have your head shaved

-All Governmental authority is from God..presumably even if you live in Iran, Afghanistan or North Korea

-non christians should be shunned

-non christians are decievers and anti christs

-Noah fathered children when he was 500 years old

-Samson killed a thousand men with the jawbone of a donkey

-Elijah went to heaven in a flaming chariot

-If you are a woman and you want to learn something, ask your husband at home

-You should be content with your wages

-You must give up all your material possessions

-You must not retaliate if someone physically attacks you

-You must sell your cloak and buy a sword

-You do not need to worry about the future

This thread is quickly becoming quite a resource. Thanks, everyone.

don't forget, you must hate your father and mother...

don't forget, you must hate your father and mother...

Thats the Christian thing don't you know, to hate others that God does not like....and that includes yo mommy and daddy.

Other things need to be mentioned:

- You must believe something is a sin if you just alone think of it is the same as acting on it.

- You must believe that you must pay the price because of two people's mistakes over 2000 years ago

- You must not eat pork because it is considered dirty

• 2 weeks later...

or shellfish

or shellfish

Actually I know someone that does that.... :twitch:

I thought Paul covered that...

Magic,spells ( God forbids it so it must be real)

Witches and Witchcraft, because those religions have to be true since they are mentioned in the Bible.

Orginally posted by me but I want point out something with this one. My dad and I are Harry Potter fans but my dad used to be a real fundy about it at one time. We were watching the movie he said " If they didn't use the terms witchraft or witch there would be no uproar." I replied " Well I think the whole Harry Potter thing is evil is stupid in the first place, what people do not get it is fantasy and not real." My dad said " I am not saying it promotes it." Then my dad said something which caught me off guard " You don't think there are witches and warlocks?" Me I said " Of course not...." :Hmm: My dad gave me the shocked look like I said something wrong but come on....

So here is my thing as a an atheist do Christians actually believe in Witchcraft not directly though. It is real but it is considered in my terms "dark magic" but it is real. If it wasn't in the Bible would it be considered "real".That is the most funniest thing I ever heard of honestly.

Sorry I haven't read the entire thread but I want to reply to Ramen. In case you don't know it, Ramen, there are people alive today who call themselves witches and warlocks. The females call themselves witches and the males call themselves warlocks. They meet regularly for their activities. I'll start a new thread on Miracles and Magic and post it in Rants and Replies.

EDIT: It's in General Theological Issues.

And thus the 'problem' with Harry Potter... although they don't learn how to cast spells in HP but how to handle their innate powers... a lot like Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Children...

Most 'witches and warlocks' I know use it to either impress young people into dancing nekkid and wild sex :) I know that was Anton LaVey's raison d'etre

Also don't forget, if you have someone in your family who was baptized and has since converted to another religion, you must kill them. Not only that, but everyone in your family must help.

Deuteronomy

12.6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend who is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, `Let us go and serve other gods,’ which thou hast not known, thou nor thy fathers

12.7 (namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth),

12.8 thou shalt not consent unto him nor hearken unto him, neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him;

12.9 but thou shalt surely kill him. Thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

Also, don't forget this lovely verse:

Leviticus

24.16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. As well the stranger as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

So if anyone has ever sworn, they must die. Of course, some Christians don't believe swearing is blasphemy, some only believe that saying God doesn't exist is blasphemy. So you either have to kill people who curse, or atheists, or possibly both. Take your pick.

Of course if you are like a normal human being and believe that killing people just for swearing or being of another religion than you is wrong, then you should consider finding another label for yourself other than Christian.

All the Moasaic laws still apply. (Matthew 5 18-19, Luke 16:17)

...One of the patients ... has a book which is all about how demons live amongst us and cause havoc in our lives.

I was at my friend's house the other day and came upon one of those books. She said that after I glanced at the book I gave her the strangest and most baffled look she's ever seen :scratch:

She doesn't own a cat then...

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the human race will end up in hell. Matt 7:13-14, Luke 13:23-30

Jesus came to set son against father, daughter against mother, daughter in law against mother in law. Matt 10:35

Your foes will be in your own household Matt 10:36

Anyone that curses their parents should die. Matt 15:4-7

You should mutilate yourself. Matt 18:8-9, Mark 9:43-49