Goodbye Jesus

Socrates Meets Jesus

Grandpa Harley

Wow, and here I thought Socrates died 400 years before Jesus' alleged birth. :twitch:

Seriously though, that was a great depiction of how a fundamentalist Christian reacts in the face of logic when the topic at hand is either their religion, or any topic which disproves their religious beliefs. They contradict themselves at every angle (just like the book itself does), and when they don't have a good response for something, they resort to the cookie-cutter responses like, "The Lard works in mysterious ways."

<Homer Simpson> HmmmmmMMMMmmmm Lard... </Homer Simpson>

Ah yes, the All-Powerful Lard, great for deep frying and keeping pizza crust from sticking, and can even soothe chapped skin in a pinch. But be sure to respect The Lard, or you may receive 3rd degree burns from a nasty grease fire, which can feel like an eternity of torture.

Unless Hell is a 1970s San Fransciscan Bath House... then I, for one, would be grateful for lard...

I think I saw that back in my early days of Beast Watch (about 1985). It was a few of us who collected random superstitions and prophecies of the The Beast. Some of the maths to prove the identity of the beast was well beyond simple Gematria, heading into abstruse maths involveing precssions and lunar calendar anomalies... happy times...