Goodbye Jesus

Republicans

Ahh!

FEH! Just because y'all little Mary Sunshine... ;)

Ha! You can't fool me Gramps. I'm convinced that your tough cynical exterior is there to protect your sweet little heart of gold.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Legion

• Grandpa Harley

• woodsmoke

• Christine

Politics 101

1) Anyone who wants power is temperamentally unsuited to having it.

2) People lie to gain power

3) Politicians de facto want power and are inherently liars

4) Democracy is the selection of lies (policies) and myths (economics) you like

5) People will vote for a serial killing child molester if they promise to cut taxes hard enough.

Solution 101: Vote with your feet and stay under the radar of your next destination. :P

Cynicism 101

1) Grandpa Harley

It may be cynical, but damned if it isn't true.

I look at politicians in much the same way that I look at cops. 10% of them are there to protect and serve while the other 90% are there for the power that the position affords them.

But in both cases, with cops and with politicians, if the system is corrupt it doesn't do a damn bit of good if some of the participants are not.

Then do it. and carry on until there is one who is actually clean...

There's an old saying in the UK, that the only person to enter Parliament with a pure motive was Guy Fawkes

02092006.jpg

That has become my all-time favorite movie.

(Kids, this is what happens if you don't take your prozac. I copied and pasted this from my online journal.)

Sorry, this atheist is a hardcore Republican. We are safer now since 911 and our country has not been attacked. (no accident) Yes, Iraq is a terrible mess, but some decisions are difficult and have to be made.

Democrats are scary, weak on defense, tax and spend and tax and spend.

Would you really want the Ted Kennedys and Feinsteins running this country? I believe Republicans are more stable and practical then the Dems.

Yet, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That is Democracy.

We are safer now since 911 and our country has not been attacked. (no accident)

This appears to imply that someone has actually tried to attack us on our own soil since then. If this is what you're claiming, then what is your evidence?

Yes, Iraq is a terrible mess, but some decisions are difficult and have to be made.

To some people, fabricating connections where none exist and then attacking a country based on those fabrications can be quite difficult. But for this administration, all they had to do is follow a script written by Hitler's advisors 60+ years ago.

When Democracy Failed: The Warnings of History is quite an interesting read.

Sorry, this atheist is a hardcore Republican. We are safer now since 911 and our country has not been attacked. (no accident)

I happen to be a registered Republican as well but this is simply specious reasoning. What if a nuke went off tomorrow in a densely populated area? Blame the Democrats? We're only "safer" since there hasn't been any further attacks. If no further attacks come then they claim "victory" but if some do then the blame game starts and likely liberties are taken away with no good reason other than to "make us feel safe." Then it starts all over again. But, of course, 9/11 can't happen again. The towers are down. So on that we certainly agree we are "safer." But it's specious reasoning nonetheless.

Yes, Iraq is a terrible mess, but some decisions are difficult and have to be made.

When people die via random bombings each day in YOUR city because a foreign power made up evidence so they could invade I want you to repeat those words to me. When they have NO PLAN on how to FIX their mess and suddenly lay THEIR PROBLEM at YOUR FEET. I want you to repeat those words to me. When they BLAME YOU for not WANTING FREEDOM BAD ENOUGH! I want you to repeat those words to me. If you're still alive that is. Will you step up to that challenge? I really doubt it.

It is so easy to watch people die from the comfort of your own living room. We, as a country mourned for weeks when the lone gunman went through Virginia Tech awhile back, but these people see that each and every day. Do they get to mourn? No. They don't have time. They see it again they very next day. And who brought it to them? Us. Based on LIES! It's one thing if this would have been a "just" war...but it wasn't. Was Saddam a "bad" man? Yes. But we're not in the business of "nation building." How do I know? Our Commander in Chief said so himself. We don't belong there but we broke it so we bought it so the idiot's in Washington better get a plan together to fix it.

Democrats are scary, weak on defense, tax and spend and tax and spend.

Yes. "Scary." Oooooohhhhh! What exactly does "Weak on defense" mean? Does that mean that they'll just let another country invade us at will? That we won't be sovereign anymore? Or does it mean that they'll outsource all our jobs so it will just seem that way? What exactly does it mean because I know that when Clinton (I didn't vote for by the way) had many military ops going while in office...but he did cut their budget back. How this affected them is unclear since what does a "strong defense" need? A standing army? "Smart" weapons? What? The B2 was still worked on during his time (my wife worked on the software) so those expensive toys were built on his watch.

As for "tax and spend." The current administration should put an end to anyone saying anything about the Democrats being irresponsible with finances. They may not be "taxing" but they sure as hell need to be the way they're spending. They're just passing this painful task onto someone else who's going to have to take the shit for paying off all the debt.

Would you really want the Ted Kennedys and Feinsteins running this country? I believe Republicans are more stable and practical then the Dems.

I don't know...would I want a Hitler or Stalin or Pol Pot. These are extreme cases simply thrown out to excite emotions just like the silly names I tossed out. It's a big country and lots of REASONABLE choices on all sides. Sadly people focus on the extremes. There is a Republican that I saw on television name Ron Paul or something like that. I don't know anything much about him other than he seemed to be a reasonable person from the few minutes I listened to him. His chances of winning the election? Probably slim to none but that could change if people gave the less exciting, but reasonable, candidate a chance. They need to stop listening to the few big money candidates and start voting with their heads instead of their "hearts." But that's just me I guess.

Yet, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That is Democracy.

Indeed.

mwc

Ah, Garrisonjj. Still as ignorant and self-serving as ever. Good to know some things never change.

This appears to imply that someone has actually tried to attack us on our own soil since then. If this is what you're claiming, then what is your evidence?

Oh, but haven't you heard of all the foiled terrorist plots the government has been responsible for? I mean, never mind the fact even the FBI admits none of them had the finances, contacts or weapon-load necessary to actually carry through with their intentions--this is war, man! We don't have time for petty details!

That is a very interesting read. Thanks for the new bookmark.

It's time for the pendulum to swing, it was too far to the right the past six years, Jump on we are swinging to the left! :wicked:

Swingin', baby! :wicked:

High five Woodsmoke! :dance:

I think you guys (Woodsmoke and Christine) may be counting your chickens before they hatch. We have a relatively long time until the presidential elections.

I think you guys (Woodsmoke and Christine) may be counting your chickens before they hatch. We have a relatively long time until the presidential elections.

Oh yeah, I'm counting them! :HaHa: I have hope!

Ah, Garrisonjj. Still as ignorant and self-serving as ever. Good to know some things never change.

Oh, but haven't you heard of all the foiled terrorist plots the government has been responsible for? I mean, never mind the fact even the FBI admits none of them had the finances, contacts or weapon-load necessary to actually carry through with their intentions--this is war, man! We don't have time for petty details!

Yeah, I almost forgot about the alleged Caribbean plot to blow up JFK Airport, which government officials claimed would have devastated us -- never mind the fact that such a plot would NOT have caused any substantial damage had it been carried out, and at least one of the supposed co-conspirators would have known this. :lol:

That is a very interesting read. Thanks for the new bookmark.

You're very welcome, Woodsmoke. :)

It's time for the pendulum to swing, it was too far to the right the past six years, Jump on we are swinging to the left! :wicked:

I agree that a party in control too long can become corrupt and if they are voted out that is a good thing. The Republicans received a clear message. I maintain, however that our next president will be a Republican given the current field of candidates.

:Doh:

I agree that a party in control too long can become corrupt and if they are voted out that is a good thing. The Republicans received a clear message. I maintain, however that our next president will be a Republican given the current field of candidates.

Oh please tell me who do the Republicans have that will win? I maintain our next President will be a Democrat because of the current field of candidates. :wicked:

So, has there been dirt on Barack yet?

Who's counting? I thought we were talking about dancing. ;)

I just hope Anad doesn't show up to get after me for flirting with his wife. :wicked:

Don't worry about Anad, he doesn't come here enough to find out about us Woodsmoke :wink:

Oh please tell me who do the Republicans have that will win? I maintain our next President will be a Democrat because of the current field of candidates. :wicked:

I like Rudy,,, or even Fred Thompson may win.

(Kids, this is what happens if you don't take your prozac. I copied and pasted this from my online journal.)

YOU DUMB SONS OF BITCHES I HOPE YOU CRASH LIKE THE TITANIC! WHEN YOU LOSE IN 2008 YOU'RE GONNA SAY THAT IT WAS BECAUSE THE MEDIA WAS UNFAIR TO YOU AND A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT LIKE THAT WHEN YOU KNOW GOD DAMN FUCKING WELL THAT IS YOUR OWN FAULT THAT AMERICA HATES YOUR PARTY! YOU'RE NOT COMING BACK FROM THIS ONE! THIS IS YOUR LAST ELECTION AS A MAJOR PARTY, REPUBLICANS!!!! YOU TURNED YOUR BACKS ON THE LIBERTARIANS AND THE MOTHERFUCKING PALEOCONSERVATIVES AND NOW ALL OF US THAT YOU HAVE STABBED IN THE BACK ARE GOING TO TURN AWAY FROM YOU!!!! THE SIGNS OF YOUR DESTRUCTION SURROUND YOU! WHY IS RON PAUL SUDDENLY SO POPULAR? HELL, EVEN SAM BROWNBACK'S FOLLOWERS SEEM READY TO JUMP BOAT FROM THE REPUBLICANS! WHY DOES 70% OF THE POPULATION DISPROVE OF THE JOB DONE IN IRAQ? THAT ISN'T ALL DEMOCRATS YOU DUMBASSES! IT ISN'T JUST A BUNCH OF HIPPIES PROTESTING THE WAR! IT'S THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND YOUR OWN VOTERS!

I will laugh when I watch you on your Fox News as you look down in shame on the day after the election. I will laugh when I watch you try to blame the Democrats. I will laugh when you scream and yell on your talk radio stations about how the American people have been deceived. Why? Because we're not stupid. In the words of Laura Ingraham talking about the Democrats, "They think we're stupid", they think the American people are stupid, but we're not. We are not falling for your populist posturing anymore you elitist self-righteous scum. YOU THINK WE'RE STUPID AND FOR THAT YOU WILL PAY!

The Republican Party is the Titanic and the iceberg is 2008.

SINK TITANIC SINK!

SINK TITANIC SINK!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you again..And if I hear one more republican tell me that all democrats (or non-republicans) want to do is raise their taxes, lose the war in Iraq and embolden the enemy I am going to puke!..Stupid republicans need to come up with more than these lame and tired excuses for why they have abused power and don't want to see a change..Thank you for this entry to this website. I can't wait for the 2008 elections

I am beginning to think that Giuliani has a fairly good shot at the thing.

Well, I'm pretty cynical and figure that whoever gets elected we will just get more of the same pandering to corporate interests, oil interests, or union interests etc... etc... so I really don't care who gets elected. Well, actually, it would be great if whoever is elected they don't have power in congress as well. Gridlock is a good thing in my estimation.

That said, I would love to see how the morons who ranted about Bill's blow job and infidelity even long after he was gone can now look themselves in the mirror and vote for this guy who also cheated on his spouse. It's no big deal to me that he did, but the hypocracy would be blatent by the knuckle draggers.

Giuliani's a corruptible snake like the rest of them who would sell his own mother for glue if it meant an increase in the polls. Look how he tore into Ron Paul for telling the truth. I really lost faith in Giuliani after that.