Goodbye Jesus

Your Defense for the Biblegod Monster

Guest SerenityNow

:scratch: I supose that it would be OK to have two friends that think they are Christian, but are really heretics.  :scratch:   :scratch:   Ya ok friend it is then.

But in fact you are a heretic whatever Merriam has to say.  I am fully quallified to judge since I was a defender of the faith from the pulpit and from the street.  Sadly, I am now an apostate, but I was never a heretic, well except for that tiny little problem about thinking that women can think. Other than that I was true blue. And, of course, I'm I am an apostate from the TrueChurch.  I wouldn't be apostate from just any church you know.  I'm Apostate from the Church of Christ the church that started on the first Pentacost so many long years ago and then took a break until 1830, but it is the same one the New Testament Church restored. Hallalujah, brothers and sisters! 

So you see, friend Amanda, I know you are a heretic.  But don't let it bother you.  It really doesn't matter, except that it makes it more difficult to argue with you.

:phew: THANKS!!! Chefranden, I was beginning to think you didn't like me! Hey, I actually appreciate being able to see a sense of humor from you too! You ARE really a delightful person... once I really get to know you! :HappyCry:

Hey, not to stir any flames and all :twitch: but is it too imposing to ask why you left your ministry? Just curious, and if you don't want to go there... fine! I'm not pushing my luck... :grin:

Amanda, can you make an excuse for why the first born sons of Egpyt deserved to die by God's hand?

Or how about David's infant son?

Once you rationalize the murder of hundreds, I suppose you can do anything. But I don't think that would make you a good person (or a good christian, if there can be such a thing).

Of course, if the Bible quotes accurate history, the Jews engaged in all the behaviors recorded there to appease God.  If you look back in history at the Inquisition, the Christians engaged in these kinds of behaviors to appease God.  I've read up on the Inquisition, and only depraved monsters could think up some of those torture devices.  Now Islam, following the same basic OT god is engaging in these behaviors. If history is any indication, it is about time for Islam to begin mellowing out and a whole new religion to rise up complete with an "inspired"  book of writings to add onto the OT and start the nonsense all over again.

Well the Bahá'í Faith came out of Islam and did just like the Christians did with Judaism, reject the Islamic laws, and came up with their own scripture. They are peaceful and loving people that accept a lot of religious prophets and teachings but only the nice stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%E1%27%ED_Faith

Amanda, can you make an excuse for why the first born sons of Egpyt deserved to die by God's hand?

Or how about David's infant son?

Once you rationalize the murder of hundreds, I suppose you can do anything.  But I don't think that would make you a good person (or a good christian, if there can be such a thing).

Cerise, I don't make excuses... Hey, I just do my best to interpret what is there and understand to the best of my ability (which isn't much) the significance and meaning of the scriptures. I hopefully share it with others, not to convert them, but to POSSIBLY expand there minds to new perspectives.... not that they have to agree with them. I have had my boundaries of beliefs enriched immensely by those here! I honestly LIKE you guys on this site!!! ... a lot!!! I don't want to change y'all, I like you guys just the way you are!!!

Now, did I claim to know the undisputed Truth of the Bible? Heavens No!!! Am I a good Christian... I would say I have a long, long, long way to go to touch the hem of the cloak of Christ.... but I'm working on it.

I've been inundated by so many situations to defend in the Bible, its more than I could ever attempt. If my few posts represent examples, then that is all I can do to present my strategies for my construct of my beliefs. My dearest Cerise, I don't claim to rationalize the death of hundreds, nor do I claim to do anything... all I can do is present to you who I am as transparent as possible. What else can I do?

Am I a good Christian... I would say I have a long, long, long way to go to touch the hem of the cloak of Christ.... but I'm working on it.

Huh.

HAh.

Heehee.

Hahahaha!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:funny:

Okay. I'm all done now. :mellow:

Keep reachin'.

But you're more likely to find a carrot than a cloak. :scratch:

Now, did I claim to know the undisputed Truth of the Bible? Heavens No!!! Am I a good Christian... I would say I have a long, long, long way to go to touch the hem of the cloak of Christ.... but I'm working on it.

Since your Christ is god, he is also responsible for millions of murders (including defencless babies) perpetrated by your blood thirsty god.