Goodbye Jesus

Only Christians Can Love?

TheKreativeKat

Taken literally, the Bible's stance on love is both bizarre and confusing. God, for example, is to be loved like a shepherd, a father, and a lover. Some people would take each of these as allegorical advice and love God precisely the way they had been; some Christians cheerfully try to do all of them at the same time. This results in not only a very confused sort of relationship and a badly muddled opinion of love in general, but a great mental effort involving combining three things that weren't meant to be combined and shoving them on some guy they're busy believing "in their heart." Faith is an effort, and that dogpile of love is even harder. It's psychologically exhausting to do that; how would they have any energy left over to love a problem kid in the classroom?

Worse, if a Christian is able to work up a temporary upswell of positive emotion towards someone they don't like much, that'll do, that can be "the love of God in the hearts" and and their work is done.

When a Christian who isn't a family member tells me they love me, I go for the simplest option and don't believe them. They probably think they do, but they don't.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fellthecross
I have been in debates before about marriages between non-christians. I have been told that my marriage is based on lust and not love because only two Christians know how to truly love one another. Here are some quotes from various websites about love:

The definition of true love is "God is Love." Unless God is brought into a marriage they will never experience true love. People can experience an emotional feeling we call "love", however this is only one aspect of love in a marriage. The kind of love that is needed for any marriage to be successful is the the God kind of love because this love is not a selfish love.

You won�t be able to truly, unconditionally love your spouse without having the love of God poured out in your heart by the Holy Spirit.

*snip* *snip*

Can you imagine the joy we would experience in marriage if both partners were truly more interested in serving the other rather than himself/herself?� It�s within our grasp � but only when both partners have the transforming power of Jesus Christ in their lives.

Christians believe they hold the monopoly on true love. If someone does not have the perfect love of Christ within them, how could they possibly demonstrate unconditional love for oterhs? That is their usual defense. Basically, since us nonnies do not have the love of Christ within us, how can emulate true love? Of course, the burden of proof is on them. Is God really love? How does God demonstrate his perfect benevolence throughout the Bible? Is it true love to send your own children into the flames of hell for all eternity? How do Christians demonstrate this love for their spouses, children, friends and non-christians?

Before the arrival of Jesus, the Chinese, the Africans, the Aboriginees, the Indians and the people in the jungles of Amazon and all never knew about Love. :lmao:

FTC

Before the arrival of Jesus, the Chinese, the Africans, the Aboriginees, the Indians and the people in the jungles of Amazon and all never knew about Love. :lmao:

FTC

I'll add a new entry to the list of things Christianity can't explain, then: the Kama Sutra.

I have been in debates before about marriages between non-christians. I have been told that my marriage is based on lust and not love because only two Christians know how to truly love one another. Here are some quotes from various websites about love:

The definition of true love is "God is Love." Unless God is brought into a marriage they will never experience true love. People can experience an emotional feeling we call "love", however this is only one aspect of love in a marriage. The kind of love that is needed for any marriage to be successful is the the God kind of love because this love is not a selfish love.

You won�t be able to truly, unconditionally love your spouse without having the love of God poured out in your heart by the Holy Spirit.

*snip* *snip*

Can you imagine the joy we would experience in marriage if both partners were truly more interested in serving the other rather than himself/herself?� It�s within our grasp � but only when both partners have the transforming power of Jesus Christ in their lives.

Christians believe they hold the monopoly on true love. If someone does not have the perfect love of Christ within them, how could they possibly demonstrate unconditional love for oterhs? That is their usual defense. Basically, since us nonnies do not have the love of Christ within us, how can emulate true love? Of course, the burden of proof is on them. Is God really love? How does God demonstrate his perfect benevolence throughout the Bible? Is it true love to send your own children into the flames of hell for all eternity? How do Christians demonstrate this love for their spouses, children, friends and non-christians?

Don't debate the bastards and if they try dissing your relationship tell em to go die in great pain...

Before the arrival of Jesus, the Chinese, the Africans, the Aboriginees, the Indians and the people in the jungles of Amazon and all never knew about Love. lmao_99.gif

You just can't fix stupid.

The Kama Sutra is one such source showing people knew about love before Jeebus. Even ancient Pagan religions had there own versions of marriage.

But just remember, Love is absolutely nothing more than a chemical reaction in the brain. Allthough you "love" the person, you in the sense just friends, as with any other friend. The whole issue of love arises when pheromones and other chemicals become involved, creating a stronger sense of friendship, that we call a romantic relationship.

Also, sex produces a number of chemicals, including endorphines, which are highly addictive. Sex literally does make you feel closer, because the bodies own internal survival mechanisms kick in, and the addictive chemicals that sex produces makes you feel even closer to the person, which will mean more sex, which means survival of the species.

• 3 weeks later...

How the hell did I just now find this thread?

Before the arrival of Jesus, the Chinese, the Africans, the Aboriginees, the Indians and the people in the jungles of Amazon and all never knew about Love.

You...Fail...Hard. Love is a chemical reaction...however Luke already explained that one very well. I never knew there could be so much stupid packed into one line...

• 2 weeks later...
I was nothing, a nobody before I came to know Jesus."

Yeah right. They are still nothing if they believe in a mythical person.

As for true love that is what a Christian will never know since they are living in the twilight zone loving make believe characters such as the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Jesus and his fairy tale father old God himself.

In fact they say insane people have not an inkling what love is all about. Only an atheist has enough sense to understand true love because he/she thinks with their brain, not their bible. :nono:

• 1 month later...
Guest rabidrabit

Hmmm, just a little note here. Not all Christians believe that nonnies can't truly love. Lots of Christians I know fully recognize that nonnies can and do love.

Rabidrabit

Well if you could realize that only true love comes from the lord and savior Jesus Christ then you could have a happy marriage. Jesus died for our sins and......BWAHAHAHAHHA.

I couldnt contain myself..

Seriously..Screw anyone who tells you how you feel or how your love is. Only you know if your love is real or not..no one else..

I have a real problem with anyone who claims to know the "truth" about damn near anything. Love is love is love.

I dont give a damn if it is from The lawd Jeebus or if its from your atheist partner, it doesnt matter. Only the giver of that love knows its true meaning.

If someone tells me that my love is not real and they know the truth about love then I will firmly yet politely tell them that they are full of horse shit!

I am fed up with many christians who try and force their perverted and sinister views on us non brainwashed heretics!

Three cheers for the REAL love we have for stomping some fundy ass!

Guest CBenjaminHaag
Hmmm, just a little note here. Not all Christians believe that nonnies can't truly love. Lots of Christians I know fully recognize that nonnies can and do love.

If you prick us, do we not bleed?

If you refer to us as "nonnies," do we not take you even less seriously?

Guest rabidrabit

If you prick us, do we not bleed?

If you refer to us as "nonnies," do we not take you even less seriously?

Hmm, I'm sorry. What would you prefer?

Rabbit

Anything you want.

Just don't call me late to dinner. Or a Calvinist.

:HaHa:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself