Goodbye Jesus

Crazy Christian Coworker At It Again

Christine

So Mark is at it again. Fucking jerk I can't stand him. I was shampooing my clients hair when I looked up and saw him across from me. He was coloring his clients hair when I noticed his tie. He comes to work looking like a preacher or the stereotypical mormon going door to door,white short sleve button up shirt with a tie, because if there was a god he would want you to look like a conservative. Oh yeah the tie, it had different pictures of jesus on it. Jesus praying in the garden, jesus carring his cross, jesus on the cross, jesus risen. I just shook my head, started to laugh, but I had to keep my composure because I do try to act professional at work. Then he is at it again, the subject goes to the second comming. Fuck, it makes me crazy, jesus is not comming back. Even when I was a christian I thought the whole jesus comming back thing was absurd. He noticed me looking at him and said someting sarcastic about not being able to talk about that stuff, as if he was being persecuted. I want to punch him in the face.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

An employer may or may not allow such behavior. If you work for a large corporation, there are probably specific policies about religion in the workplace. If you work at a small proprietorship, then those types of policies probably don't exist or are fluid at best. If the former, if I were in your shoes, I would see what the policy is in this regard and if he is violating it, file a formal complaint. If the latter, you should talk to the owner/manager and tell him/her that it is making you uncomfortable.

Bruce

So Mark is at it again. Fucking jerk I can't stand him. I

Jesus christ just go about your business and ignore this creep. as for "the second cumming" the only one thats going to happen is if your husband or wife gets you off the second fucking (cumming) timeLOL. Just give his fuckin jesus tie a little laugh at work and continue to do a good job! be well

So Mark is at it again. Fucking jerk I can't stand him. I was shampooing my clients hair when I looked up and saw him across from me. He was coloring his clients hair when I noticed his tie. He comes to work looking like a preacher or the stereotypical mormon going door to door,white short sleve button up shirt with a tie, because if there was a god he would want you to look like a conservative. Oh yeah the tie, it had different pictures of jesus on it. Jesus praying in the garden, jesus carring his cross, jesus on the cross, jesus risen. I just shook my head, started to laugh, but I had to keep my composure because I do try to act professional at work. Then he is at it again, the subject goes to the second comming. Fuck, it makes me crazy, jesus is not comming back. Even when I was a christian I thought the whole jesus comming back thing was absurd. He noticed me looking at him and said someting sarcastic about not being able to talk about that stuff, as if he was being persecuted. I want to punch him in the face.

I work with a couple of people like that, drives me crazy. Luckily I have a door I can close when it gets on my nerves too much but I also don't work in a public place where anyone could overhear the conversation, it's only employees.

Based on what you said it appears you work at a salon. If it were me and I really wanted to cause him problems, I'd set him up by having a like minded friend schedule an appointment with him and when he started his crap get her to complain to management. Bottom line for business is usually a satisfied customer.

I thought the owner had given him a kicking in the kidneys all read. Time to take the rubber pipe to him... if he wants persecution, then give martyrdom... do they get 40 virgins in his sect?

This co-worker Mark, who colors clients' hair...is he by any chance gay?

I know I'm guilty of stereotyping, but give me a break; every dude who's cut my hair except the old army dudes at my Dad's barber shop (and maybe them too) has been gay.

If Mark is gay, perhaps he needs reminding that Jebus doesn't like rump rangers (not that there's anything wrong with being gay). It would be interesting to hear how he reconciles Christianity with homosexuality.

If he's straight, you still can look at his tie and laugh.

Keep us updated on the co-worker, Christine. My own summer is severely lacking in conflict and controversy, so perhaps I can vicariously enjoy yours.

I thought the owner had given him a kicking in the kidneys all read. Time to take the rubber pipe to him... if he wants persecution, then give martyrdom... do they get 40 virgins in his sect?

The owner did put him in the back of the salon and gave him a strong warning. Things were pretty good for a while, but yesteday he was on fire. Maybe thats why he wore that stupid jesus tie, to get clients to start the conversation.

This co-worker Mark, who colors clients' hair...is he by any chance gay?

I know I'm guilty of stereotyping, but give me a break; every dude who's cut my hair except the old army dudes at my Dad's barber shop (and maybe them too) has been gay.

If Mark is gay, perhaps he needs reminding that Jebus doesn't like rump rangers (not that there's anything wrong with being gay). It would be interesting to hear how he reconciles Christianity with homosexuality.

If he's straight, you still can look at his tie and laugh.

Keep us updated on the co-worker, Christine. My own summer is severely lacking in conflict and controversy, so perhaps I can vicariously enjoy yours.

I know what you are saying. I know a lot of gay hair dressers. Mark is married and has three kids. But I do wonder about him. He loved the movie "300" which I did too. Mark is really fit like all the men in that movie. He is a little obsessed with the male physique. Vanity or something else? :scratch: I have a great story about Mark and I talking about that movie, if anyone is interested let me know.

If there's a tale about 300: Men in Thongs, then spill it!

The owner did put him in the back of the salon and gave him a strong warning. Things were pretty good for a while, but yesteday he was on fire. Maybe thats why he wore that stupid jesus tie, to get clients to start the conversation.

I remember being 'on fire'... it was called a urinary tract infection... Real downside was I'#d done nothing to 'deserve' it... I'd not even shaken hands with a Roman Catholic Priest.

If there's a tale about 300: Men in Thongs, then spill it!

This will give you a little insight to what I'm dealing with. Mark and I never talked too much to begin with, he is a bit of a knuckle dragger, dumb jock type. But one day not too long ago I heard him talking to his clients about the movie 300. We happened to be in the lunch room together and I thought I would just start a friendly conversation with him about the movie. We proceed to talk about the film, the great fight scenes, how amazing the guys bodies looked, then of course Mark tells me he can get ripped like that in a couple of days. I said I know those guys were really fit to begin with but there was enhancements with lighting and shading with computer graphics, which of course he disagreed with me. Mark proceeded to talk about the film as if it was historically accurate. I then enlightened him that it was not. Then he says to me, I bet that movie changed your opinion about war. :twitch: What? He knows I was never in support of this war. I said if it is absolutely necessary then I could agree, but this war was not. He brings up 9/11. There was no connection between Iraq and 9/11 I said. Why did they fly planes into the towers! he said. Well Mark they are religious fanactics kind of how you are a christian fanatic! :vent:Things got very heated like an episode of Jerry Springer! I proeeded to tell him that his church is a cult (Assemblies of god), and that he needed to question not accept everything they tell him. I was so frustrated because it was like talking to an idiot. We were both very loud and were told by the manager to keep it down. I left the room with my head ready to explode . I just wanted to talk about the movie! :Doh:

:Wendywhatever:

Maybe he'll eventually witness himself out of a job. I don't think protection from religious discrimination includes protection to bombard customers and the other staff with attempts to convert them to your cult. The down side is that if that were to happen, it wouldn't be until he'd gone on non-stop with this crapola for a long time.

Maybe he'll eventually witness himself out of a job.

If he does then there may just be a god...

Also, remember with these proselytization efforts, that Christianity is actually shrinking in terms of overall world population. (The world population is increasing in terms of 1.41%; Christianity is at about 1.32%-1.38%.) Islam, Hinduism, Jainism, Baha'i, and Sikhism are all growing much faster.

Although Christians make claims about growing numbers Latin America (because of course those people are Catholics and thus not REALLY Christians, blah) and China, those claims are made by missionaries, and grossly exaggerated. Buddhism is probably growing faster than Christianity in China, and a great deal (if not most) of the South American Pentecostal converts eventually grow tired of the wailing and dancing of the services and quietly return to Catholicism, as a lot of Asian "converts" do as well, with their original religions. Korea had explosive church growth in the last century but it's stalled and stagnated.

Also, as pluralism becomes more important, fewer and fewer Christians are willing to be actual missionaries, and those who do become missionaries are making fewer converts.

Just remind yourself of these facts every time your proselytizing coworker comes around. "It is for naught."

Bait him.

Have a few friends come in, somehow have it arragned for them to be a client of his, and have them complain about his preaching, if he does preach.

I use to work with a Chirstian. She was definitly a pain in the ass. I'd be talking about a song that mentions satan, and suddenly I would here "LUKE!!! We do not talk about Satan!" Fucking bitch. Fortunatly, for both of us though, I was able to weaken her, and tear down her faith, and it even got to the point that if we was working third shift together, we would run out to behind the shed and smoke a few joints. At least if this gas station was robbed, we would definitly remain calm.

An employer may or may not allow such behavior. If you work for a large corporation, there are probably specific policies about religion in the workplace. If you work at a small proprietorship, then those types of policies probably don't exist or are fluid at best. If the former, if I were in your shoes, I would see what the policy is in this regard and if he is violating it, file a formal complaint. If the latter, you should talk to the owner/manager and tell him/her that it is making you uncomfortable.

Bruce

Where I work, proselytizing is considered to be a form of harassment, and can be treated as such. :shrug:

Buddhism is probably growing faster than Christianity in China...........

You mean government sponsored money making ventures in the name of "Buddhism."

It was more wholesome than the old 'selling girl children for glue' scam ;)

Bait him.

Have a few friends come in, somehow have it arragned for them to be a client of his, and have them complain about his preaching, if he does preach.

I use to work with a Chirstian. She was definitly a pain in the ass. I'd be talking about a song that mentions satan, and suddenly I would here "LUKE!!! We do not talk about Satan!" Fucking bitch. Fortunatly, for both of us though, I was able to weaken her, and tear down her faith, and it even got to the point that if we was working third shift together, we would run out to behind the shed and smoke a few joints. At least if this gas station was robbed, we would definitly remain calm.

Haha, smoking joints behind the shed during work... it doesn't surprise me that you're from Indiana... so am I, and it's such an Indiana thing to do! :)

Guest Psycho of the Sea

Why do I get the feeling that this guy is just a "Dick Head"? How would you like to be stuck on a island with this asshole?

With salt water curing, they'd be good eating for some little time... Not sure how polyester works as a dry cure wrap...

Cannibals_small1.jpg