Goodbye Jesus

I Hold The Truth

Kirangel

All of the world religions are correct, they all have it right. Watching us astutely in another dimension are the Gods of our world. They are responsible for the planet and all the beings that exist on it. Watching the dinosaurs were fun for a while, you know...just like those discovery channel shows are interesting for a time but watching them tear eachother apart gets to be boring after a while. So the Gods got together and they thought and thought and then thought some more and decided that there needed to be a sentient being, so they thought of the form, and allowed humans to evolve over time. Things were fine at first, watching these human creatures develop tools and live to survive but like with the dinosaurs that got boring...they needed something more...

They decided to send the Pandora figure to earth, with the box that she opened releasing all of the hardships we know of today and finally eventually hope to allow us to get through it. The details don't really matter, no culture gets it quite right and the Gods do not mind, they prefer it that way. So anyways the evils represented by Pandora's box makes things interesting but it's just not enough. The God's wanted more.

Disease, famine, death...all the pain and suffering were almost too much of a burden on humans but the God's sat back for a while and watched them cope until they came up with a new idea, they needed to get involved directly. They needed real wars not just a few minor battles. The God's then decided to leave their abode and come to the earth in different forms, they appeared to different people. For the ancient humans they allowed them to see many of them in their different forms, they thought that a larger pantheon would be more interesting. Then the humans would come up with different laws, different ideas...all being placed into their heads by the God's of the world, all of them being valid.

Humans fought, saying that their Gods were better then the enemies, calling on the names of their Gods too help them in life, love and war. The Gods would listen and sometimes they would oblige sometimes they would find a favorite and give them special revelations, other times it would be someone who angered them for whatever reason and the God would interfere by causing that person pain. Still, it wasn't enough, the world was missing something, it was missing the ultimate deity which no other being could surpass.

The God's of this world decided that the humans would have one God. This God was the God of Abraham, Moses, this God lead the chosen people into a foreign land and they became the Israelites. There they resided in their small numbers worshiping only one. The God who led them there wasn't the kindest though he wanted the humans to believe that he was. He wanted their entire devotion and loyalty, his name was El for a while in the human tongue although it changed but he remained the same. The other God's of the world respected this El, they let him have his fun but all of the Gods including El decided that there needed to be more...they got bored. Another went down and lived in the form of a man, he became the man God Jesus (something he had done before it was his specialty living amongst the humans, he was most sympathetic to their cause.) He preformed miracles, he wanted some to believe before he died and then he influenced humans so that the cult grew.

There was always something missing with just this new cult, they didn't fight enough with the old, the Gods grew tired and wanted larger wars. So one of the Gods went down in the form of an angel to a man named Muhammad, and thus the rival religion was created.

Now the Gods do everything they can to keep the religions going, even the ones with beliefs in many Gods. They make appearances, offer private revelations...they keep it going.

Whether you want to believe this or not is irrelevant. They are there sitting in their lazy-boy recliners eating popcorn and watching us scurry around on the earth. They play favorites, they watch us in the same way that the Romans watched the dying prisoners of the Colosseum. Our lives are nothing more then entertainment for them. Worship the Gods and perhaps their favor will fall on you. They are however growing weary with the world, wars or no longer as fun as they used to be. Our time is drawing to a close, the end is near...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Funny enough....I think coming to believe in all the gods makes you a lot closer to believing in none of them.

Look at the explanation you had to invent there. YOU came up with that, and it's just as real and verifyable as the materials that make up the basic stories that are included in religious texts. All you are missing is someone with money saying "I agree" (because they find your view potentially useful)and seeing to it your words are printed.

Nice fairy tale. *Pets invisible pink unicorn and feeds her a carrot*

Nice fairy tale.

I thought so too Amethyst. It certainly entertained me for a moment or two Kirangel. Thanks.

Haha, I have no idea why you guys would call it a fairytale :huh:

I would need more knowledge of world religions, then I could really make it work.

I would need more knowledge of world religions, then I could really make it work.

Maybe. But why would you want to?

I think you're a strange cat Kirangel. You seem intriguing to me in some strange way. Hopefully I'll get the oppotunity to know you a little better.

Chapter One of the Book of Kirangel. Not bad. Who knows, a couple hundred years from now you may be seen as a prophet.

Cult leaders have the life, well some of them do. Look at the man Christ Miranda and his cult. First he's Jesus, then he's the anti-christ...his followers very strongly believe in him and they give him half of their earnings, he's a very rich man for it. He just gets up on a podium tells people to throw away the moral values taught in christianity and to do whatever the hell they want. Be materialistic, drink, modify your body with a 666 tattoo, have a lot of sex before marriage, it's all good, they're already saved...

I could never do that though people deserve the truth, and that's what I'm going to give them.

Maybe. But why would you want to?

I think you're a strange cat Kirangel. You seem intriguing to me in some strange way. Hopefully I'll get the oppotunity to know you a little better.

lol, to unify the world before we destroy it. :beer:

Ah, now I see your motivation. You make the same assumption that many on this site do, I think. That is, that it is a lack of unity over ideas, values, and more specifically, religion, that divides the world. I would argue that the truth about divisions is more closely related to elite power struggles oftentimes draped in dogmatic language in order to bring along the Joe 6-packs. In other words, value differences actually have very little to do with the struggles between nations. Value differences are just highlighted by the elite class to garner support.

Ah, now I see your motivation. You make the same assumption that many on this site do, I think. That is, that it is a lack of unity over ideas, values, and more specifically, religion, that divides the world. I would argue that the truth about divisions is more closely related to elite power struggles oftentimes draped in dogmatic language in order to bring along the Joe 6-packs. In other words, value differences actually have very little to do with the struggles between nations. Value differences are just highlighted by the elite class to garner support.

I almost get the sense Vigile that you harbor a certain disdain for the common man. :nono::grin:

Personally I have sometimes prefered the company of a "Joe 6-pack" over the most learned of scholars.

Yeah, well I'm somewhat of an elitist, but the truth is, I am a common man. :P

I prefer the company of scholars though.

Yeah, well I'm somewhat of an elitist, but the truth is, I am a common man. :P

:grin: Man, it must be tough to struggle with a propensity to be disdainful of one's self!

I'd sooner spend time with my cat than 99% of the human race...

Considering that a majority of humanity doesn't have much more intelligence than a cat, it does make sense.

Hugs and Kisses for Gandpa Harley.

Considering that a majority of humanity doesn't have much more intelligence than a cat, it does make sense.

It's about as easy to organize a group of Russians as it is to herd cats, so you might say that I live amongst a world of cats.

Now the Gods do everything they can to keep the religions going, even the ones with beliefs in many Gods. They make appearances, offer private revelations...they keep it going.

More like: Now the Gods Cult leaders do everything they can to keep the religions going, even the ones with beliefs in many Gods. They make appearances, offer private revelations...they keep it going.

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

-Andre Gide

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it. -Andre Gide

Nice quote Japedo. Thanks.

Haha, I have no idea why you guys would call it a fairytale :huh:

I've long since realized that people believe in things because they either want them to be true or are afraid they are true. In your case I would say you probably want it to be true, but I've learned the hard way that wanting things to be true does not make them true, no matter how badly you may want them to be true. Your fairy tale is a very shiny, pretty thing, but there is no proof it is true. You can believe whatever you want to as far as I care, but please don't expect everyone else to believe you without proof.

More like: Now the Gods Cult leaders do everything they can to keep the religions going, even the ones with beliefs in many Gods. They make appearances, offer private revelations...they keep it going.

Correction: The God's use the Cult leaders to keep the religions going strong, it makes things more interesting.

Correction: The God's use the Cult leaders to keep the religions going strong, it makes things more interesting.

You call spreading lifestyle intolerance, false gender limitations, and religious hatred towards other religions "interesting"?

How old are you? You are either ignorant out of youth, or ignorant out of choice. Which is it?

You call spreading lifestyle intolerance, false gender limitations, and religious hatred towards other religions "interesting"?

How old are you? You are either ignorant out of youth, or ignorant out of choice. Which is it?

I made no such claims.

OI! MUSH! you're stealing my best lines!

I made no such claims.

Actually, you did but perhaps you don't realize it. I understand that perhaps you have the need to view religions as peaceful and loving, that however isn't the reality of them. They have much ugliness and evil within them. They promote self loathing, insecurity, the fear of failure, the fear of abandonment, the fear of pain and suffering forever and always over something as trivial as doubt and the list goes on and on. It is a peer pressure group that detests individuality and looks down on education. Most people are afraid to not be part of the group so they follow along blindly, trying to please a gawd that will never be happy. In addition to that trying to please a church who will never recognize anything positive but dwell on a few moments of being human that the church has branded "sin".

Lest us not forget millions of people tortured, maimed, abused or killed because of churches and their lies and bullshit. You write this fairytale of love and peace but are in complete denial about anything that makes you uncomfortable or that's ugly. You have a carefree view of things and refuse to acknowledge (that I've seen anyway, you might have but I haven't read it as of yet) any lies, logical fallacy's and so forth about the cult. It's like you almost have a need to defend them at all costs, I don't know why you do this but it's how you're coming across here. I don't view you ask coming here to learn our stances, you come here to defend the cult but become offended if you're branded as a member of said cult. It's very perplexing..

No I didn't, I have never once called the spreading of lifestyle intolerance, gender limitations, or hatred towards others interesting. I never even alluded to it.

Humans have a capacity to do horrible things in this world, I will never deny that.

Read the fairytale I wrote and tell me where you come up with this idea that I wrote it about love and peace.

or were you talking about my take on Christianity, because I've stated before that the God portrayed in the OT is cruel. I'll defend Christians when someone makes a blanket statement saying that they are blind and do not examine their own faith. I know too many who do not fit into that category to not say anything. But the fact that I'm willing to defend them doesn't make me one of them.