Goodbye Jesus

What Music Do You Like?

4truth

This is a pitiful confession- I haven't listened to anything but Christian music for 30 years! Time for some new CDs and I don't even know what's out there and what I like. Suggestions?

You can try something like www.pandora.com, where you can say which tracks presented you like or dislike, and similar tracks will be presented.

I was enjoying pandora until they stopped access outside the US.

My favorite style of music is Black Metal - currently listening to Nachtmystium and Gorgoroth. I also adore Classical (including Medieval) as well as anything ambient. But I'm open to just about everything.

... Enya...

Right ther with you, bro - Enya is excellent :58:

About the Medieval...Varokhar

:scratch: I'm wondering have you listend to Mediaeval Baebes, Corvus Corax, or Nox Arcana, if not it might be something you like. ?

:scratch: I'm wondering have you listend to Mediaeval Baebes, Corvus Corax, or Nox Arcana, if not it might be something you like. ?

The Baebes are old faves of mine - I loved playing their CDs at the machine shop I used to work and getting all the weird looks that would come my way. Kind of like when the Emperor CDs started playing :pureevil:

I've heard of Nox Arcana, but haven't heard their material, and I don't know Corvus Corax, so thanks for those recommendations :)

Most of the Medieval I listen to is courtesy of the King's Noyse, Sequentia, the Newberry Consort, Sonus, the New Orelans Musica de Camera, Our Lady Rich, Martin Best, Paul Hillier, and Andrew Lawrence-King. And the Baebes, of course ;)

The music I listen to depends upon my mood... but here is a list of musical artists and bands that I have on my hard drive and MP3 Player that I listen to on a regular basis. EDITED to add in Corvus Corax that Japedo reminded me of.

Rob Zombie

White Zombie

Marilyn Manson

Korn

Seether

Metallica

Godsmack

HIM

Disturbed

NIN

Red Hot Chili Peppers

System Of A Down

AC/DC

Dropkick Murpheys

Dead Kennedys

Ted Nugent

Flyleaf

Cyndi Lauper

Prince

Aerosmith

Trapt

Creed

Green Day

Drowning Pool

Bon Jovi

My Chemical Romance

Misfits

Lacuna Coil

Evanescence

URN

Blood Of Angels

Green Man

Collide

Linkin Park

Pink

John Denver

Loretta Lynn

Hank Williams Jr.

Gretchen Wilson

The Dixie Chicks

Eminem

Will Smith

Madonna

Kelly Clarkson

Heart

Josh Groban

John Mayer

Nickleback

Fleetwood Mac

Van Halen

Def Leppard

Poison

Guns-N-Roses

Ratt

Twisted Sister

Winger

Warrent

Def Leppard

Motley Crue

Ella Fitzgerald

Billy Holiday

Aretha Franklin

Joss Stone

Alanis Morrisette

Macy Gray

Kiva

Robert Gass

Damh The Bard

Enya

Deva Premal

Robert Mirabal

Johnny Whitehorse

Incubus Sukkubus

Corvus Corax

Led Zepplin

Creedance Clearwater Revival (CCR)

Deep Purple

Janis Joplin

The Doors

Jimi Hendrix

Black Sabbath

Ozzy

My favorite style of music is Black Metal - currently listening to Nachtmystium and Gorgoroth. I also adore Classical (including Medieval) as well as anything ambient. But I'm open to just about everything.

... Enya...

Right ther with you, bro - Enya is excellent :58:

Corvus Corax! How did I not add them to my list! I have everyone of their albums! I found them one day when I was searching on MySpace for some Pagan music. I found their MySpace page and listened to their music and was hooked! I immediately went to legalsounds.com and downloaded every album they had. Yes, I love the mediaeval sounds of Corvus Corax! I have not heard of the other two bands you speak of, though. Are they anything like Corvus Corax?

Corvus Corax! How did I not add them to my list! I have everyone of their albums! I found them one day when I was searching on MySpace for some Pagan music. I found their MySpace page and listened to their music and was hooked! I immediately went to legalsounds.com and downloaded every album they had. Yes, I love the mediaeval sounds of Corvus Corax! I have not heard of the other two bands you speak of, though. Are they anything like Corvus Corax?

I like them, they have lots of albums out. It's good for midevil/ classical/gothic if you like that sorta thing. :D

Nox Arcana's website

Nox Arcana's Myspace

You can access their other albums on myspace by their top or by doing searches for their albums. Hope you like it!! :)

I listen to death and black metal mainly, my favorite bands are:

Emperor, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Satyricon, Nile, Vital Remains, Darkthrone, Dark Funeral, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, and Six Feet Under.