Goodbye Jesus

Exorcism

perianwalsh

I had been exorcised,after my felllow members convinced that i was(due to i cant hold/hide the knowledge of contradiction in the bible) seized by 'dirty things'.Afterbeeing exorcised?I thought I feel better-then I knew I feelt worser than before.And that is the reason i quit.

Still I couldnt find an exact explaination why somebody will feel better when being exorcised(at least some)

Excorism is when you cast demons out of someone or something right? That is what I never got clear of what an excorism really is. The reason I am asking my church was a more new age church and they claim they only preach out of the Bible. Thats true in some ways the choose the good stuff, make you feel guilty stuff but my church's only ritual was mainly baptism and communion.

What I believe it is all mental because you belive and excorsim is real thus when the pastor does an excorism you really believe it happend. Just like believing in Santa. This is how I believe prayer works it is all mind of matter, my parents prayed I would pass a class in college. However I studied my ass off over and over and over for hours. They say prayer did it because that is what they believe in but I say studying. It seems it is a belief issue when it comes to these kind of rituals.

I see you are a new member welcome to ExChristian.net enjoy your stay.

Everything I've read about it is that 1. it's a huge hoax and 2. the early church thought that mental illness == demons because they didn't understand like we do today and 3. it's been used as a method of control.

I am sorry your church convinced you that you had to go through that. I would say you felt better because you were programmed by them to think you would. It is all mind control.

Supposing that ghosts and demons are real, and that they do indeed haunt or possess people - what happens if the ghost/demon is not Christian? What happens if they aren't believers in "Jesus and his sky-daddy?"