Goodbye Jesus

Some Christians Are *really* Scary

TheKreativeKat

I don't know what's worse - the fundie who hates gay people and feminists, or the fundie who is convinced everything is a portal through which demonic spirits can enter into the soul. Taken from the Spiritual Warfare board at www.christianforums.com:

These pipelines are magically created by shamans, witches and freemasons. So is the well head going down to get the demonic power from where the demons were put. This well head is a portal or vortex. A friend of mine left the demons in situ and prayed for God to fill the portal with spiritual cement!

Magical pipelines? These guys refuse to read Harry Potter, but believe in this "magical pipelines" nonsense?

I found out about the Buddhist monks of the Loseling monastery from the Spiritual Mappers forum where they were tracked. These monks are evangelizing for Buddhism by making charmed sand paintings, giving little packets of it for people to keep at home and dumping the rest in a local body of water. Local news reports are that they have strange weather shortly thereafter. They are going all over the country doing this, but they are focusing on Indiana. They have plans to build a monastery in the population center of the American continent in Indiana in a couple of years. That charmed sand is influencing people who don't know what they have.

You better make sure your home isn't built on dirt that the Buddhists have magically charmed in hopes of winning people over to their side.

There was another thread that was "An Occult Checklist", for people to be "delivered" from spiritual warfare, based on what sort of "evils" they had been exposed to in life. The list covers everything from being a Jehovah's Witness to practicing Yoga. From reading fantasy or sci-fi books to doing Karate. From having an imaginary friend as a child to having candles in your home. Shamrocks, depictions of owls, books by Anne Rice, anything made from crystal, incense, scented oils, homeopathic remedies, Yanni CDs - the list of "demonic portals" that need to be "burned" and "prayed over" goes on and on and on. I can't even begin to imagine what these peoples' homes look like. You may as well live in a padded cell. It amazes me these types of people have the internet.

Spooky stuff.

I found out about the Buddhist monks of the Loseling monastery from the Spiritual Mappers forum where they were tracked. These monks are evangelizing for Buddhism by making charmed sand paintings, giving little packets of it for people to keep at home and dumping the rest in a local body of water. Local news reports are that they have strange weather shortly thereafter. They are going all over the country doing this, but they are focusing on Indiana. They have plans to build a monastery in the population center of the American continent in Indiana in a couple of years. That charmed sand is influencing people who don't know what they have.

This gives Buddhism a bad rap. That practice is NOT in any way Buddhist practice. It's just superstition in the guise of Buddhism. "Charmed sand?" What the? Sounds like the Tibetan stuff that they pass off as being Buddhist practice. Magic, charms and all that bullsh!t is for the weak minded.

You better make sure your home isn't built on dirt that the Buddhists have magically charmed in hopes of winning people over to their side.

You can solve that problem by moving to a country with cold winters like Canada where you can't just build on top of the dirt. In this part of the world you have to lay the footing for the foundation six feet down to get beneath the frost. No magical dirt is likely to have been deposited six feet down anytime recently.

Guest Psycho of the Sea

Good grief, Charlie Brown. It seems the Demons are all over the place! All I can say is that when I start playing my evil rock and roll and start drinking beer, me and the Demons have a blast! I'm sure they like good music and beer too!

No magical dirt is likely to have been deposited six feet down anytime recently.

Of course, there's no guarantee that you haven't built right on top of a Magical Shaman Pipeline LOL

Seriously, though, it makes me feel really sad for people like this. I don't care what you believe, so long as it brings you peace and happiness. How can someone be peaceful and happy when they're constantly worrying whether or not Wiccans had conducted rituals in their home prior to them moving in or if Grandma's arthritis bracelets have been "charmed" by "devil worshipers" at the manufacturing plant (that actually came up in a thread over there at Christian Forums. Guy who does a deliverance ministry said they use satan's powers to "charm" those copper arthritis bracelets at the factory)? Seems to me like too much energy is expended thinking about "spiritual warfare" and "demonic portals".

I can remember believing things like what you mention when I was a Xian. The idea that demons and spirits were real and would attack you, and the idea that there were things you could do, say, or own that would act as "gateways" to let them in. It was pure superstition, nothing else.

But what I also recall was how fear-based it was. People who believe things like this live their lives in continual fear of the unknown, and of powers they feel are beyond their control. Purging your home and self of all things non-Xian is a way of desperately trying to gain control. These people are scared, and their fear makes them stupid. It isn't a happy frame of mind to be in at all.

This gives Buddhism a bad rap. That practice is NOT in any way Buddhist practice. It's just superstition in the guise of Buddhism. "Charmed sand?" What the? Sounds like the Tibetan stuff that they pass off as being Buddhist practice. Magic, charms and all that bullsh!t is for the weak minded.

It gives Christianty a bad rap. Don't these people ever read their own stupid book?

LMFAO New post! Apparently the Illuminati watches you through your television set.

I wonder if my new flat screen hdtv have any spy chips in it!! In fact, right after I set it up and turned it on. I sat down in my recliner and I looked right at the tv and I told 'them' I knew they were watching me but I'm not afraid of them!!!! I really did!! I told them I belong to the LORD and that I'm not afraid of death, either and that in hte end, the LORD will have His way and that I knwe they are illuminati and follow satan but in the end, the LORD will win, not satan!!

They're obviously people who are easily scared and easily deluded. Sounds like a folie a deux with a lot more than deux.

Stay as far away from them as possible, as they have the potential to be very dangerous.

LMFAO New post! Apparently the Illuminati watches you through your television set.

I wonder if my new flat screen hdtv have any spy chips in it!! In fact, right after I set it up and turned it on. I sat down in my recliner and I looked right at the tv and I told 'them' I knew they were watching me but I'm not afraid of them!!!! I really did!! I told them I belong to the LORD and that I'm not afraid of death, either and that in hte end, the LORD will have His way and that I knwe they are illuminati and follow satan but in the end, the LORD will win, not satan!!

Sounds a lot like paranoid schizophrenia to me! Glory!

Morons...

Guest socalobjectivist

A few weeks ago my roommate was telling my other roommate and I about how she stopped doing yoga because she felt spiritually attacked. She also talked about how she is spiritually sensitive and can sense when someone is possessed by demons. Funny how she hasn't seemed to pick up on the fact that I'm no longer a Christian!

You know what always amazes me about these "everything is a demonic portal" fundies? They decry superstition as "demonic" and yet how friggin' superstitious must you be to believe that having a shamrock in your home is letting demons come into it? How is it any less superstitious to be afraid of shamrocks than to use it as a lucky charm? Some people's hypocrisy knows no bounds. I actually feel bad for these people. They've found a seemingly acceptable outlet for their fears and superstitions. I can't imagine living in total fear that every time I light a candle when the power goes out I'm going to have to run around and "unbind" the demonic spirits I may have just let into my house

You know what always amazes me about these "everything is a demonic portal" fundies? They decry superstition as "demonic" and yet how friggin' superstitious must you be to believe that having a shamrock in your home is letting demons come into it? How is it any less superstitious to be afraid of shamrocks than to use it as a lucky charm? Some people's hypocrisy knows no bounds. I actually feel bad for these people. They've found a seemingly acceptable outlet for their fears and superstitions. I can't imagine living in total fear that every time I light a candle when the power goes out I'm going to have to run around and "unbind" the demonic spirits I may have just let into my house

Reminds me of that fundie-nut book Pigs in the Parlor. I read it when I was a fairly young fundie, and fortunately I didn't go off the deep end because of it (at least not for long), but I certainly could have. I reviewed it on Amazon today too - my first ever review posted to that site! It's the review by J. Reid (that's me). Glory!

THis reminds me of a preacher who is on TV when I get up in the mornings. He was talking about how people delude themselves with fairy tales and fantasy, and that he dealt with only reality.

THEN, he started talking about GIANTS and DEMONS and all sorts of fantastical things straight out of the bible.

The irony was funny and disheartening to watch.

A few weeks ago my roommate was telling my other roommate and I about how she stopped doing yoga because she felt spiritually attacked. She also talked about how she is spiritually sensitive and can sense when someone is possessed by demons. Funny how she hasn't seemed to pick up on the fact that I'm no longer a Christian!

:) Yeah, they are always so "sensitive" to the spirit that they fall for every faith healer that comes to town.

My sister in law came over to our house once and said the books we were reading were evil because she could sense it in her spirit without ever reading it. One of the books...

Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why

Reminds me of that fundie-nut book Pigs in the Parlor. I read it when I was a fairly young fundie, and fortunately I didn't go off the deep end because of it (at least not for long), but I certainly could have. I reviewed it on Amazon today too - my first ever review posted to that site! It's the review by J. Reid (that's me). Glory!

It's been a long time since I read Pigs in the Parlor. I think my Mother still has it on one of her book shelves. Evil, evil everywhere. Bjork that's bad.

These pipelines are magically created by shamans, witches and freemasons. So is the well head going down to get the demonic power from where the demons were put. This well head is a portal or vortex. A friend of mine left the demons in situ and prayed for God to fill the portal with spiritual cement!

WTF? I've never even heard of this stuff before, even when I was a Christian. Where do these kooks come up with this stuff? :crazy:

Yeah, these kooks don't realize they are just practicing superstitions themselves.

Sad the things that human beings living in the 21st century still are tricked into buying :angry:

I remember looking at a horoscope when I lived at home and laughing and my dad getting angry. He said that the devil really works through those things and they're all true and that he had experiences with it.

I remember being taken aback at this information and absolutely dumbfounded that he'd believe such things. I was a teenager at this point and I NEVER knew he believed these things.

Damn parents

• 2 months later...

Ahhh, Pigs in the Parlor. My father and stepmother read that one. I remember watching while cowering upstairs as he tried to perform an exorcism on my stepmother's batshiat crazy Alzheimer's patient mother.

Did I believe in demons? Eh, no. But I did believe somebody might start swinging any second, and I wasn't about to go near that. He asked me to bring him his Bible, and I sat up there at the top of the stairs and said "No!"

I know I've been through several exorcisms. I just don't remember them anymore. I don't know how many were done, when, or by whom.

I know my father confiscated a sketch book for my 10th grade art class because I had drawn a monster in it that looked (to him) like a demon. The monster was actually kind of cute - just a big hairy troll-like thing. Come to think of it, I don't think they have any candles in their house. I know they won't have any images of owls or frogs either.

I kind of wonder how somebody like that would react to a home with Shabbos candles, a Havdalah set, and a menorah...

But then I've always had a thing for candles. O NOES IT'S TEH DEMONDZ!!1!!

These people sound like they need some meds. :crazy:

Take away the religion crap from their rants and they'd probably get them too.

Oh well, what can you expect? The Illuminati and Freemasons want it this way. :( I'm on to you guys!!! I know you have my cats monitor me since I'm a threat to your organizations but I don't care!!! I will persist!!! But I digress.

:lmao:

mwc

I remember a demon possesed witch magnet from the 1980's. It was a 3D witch riding around on her broom that allowed Satan and his minions into your home. I guess I might gave to read this Pig book for a good laugh.

God...all the demonology bullshit drives me crazy! Also notice how xians are among the absolute WORST conspiracy theorists? Just watch Van Impe or any of the fucking "end times watchers" and you'll see the worst of them in action.

What I really cannot figure out is WHERE all the xian demonology bullshit came from. I mean, it must just be a huge hodge-podge of stuff from a ton of different religions because there is very, VERY little of it actually mentioned in the bible. A demon here and demon there, three or four exorcisms, and ONLY ONE actual method of exorcism mentioned at all.

However, there are probably a thousand xian books out there that deal with the subject. Where the fuck are they digging this shit up? I know a lot of it is just made up. I experienced the whole "Satanism" kick of the 90s and I know most of that information was pure fiction.

God...all the demonology bullshit drives me crazy! Also notice how xians are among the absolute WORST conspiracy theorists? Just watch Van Impe or any of the fucking "end times watchers" and you'll see the worst of them in action.

It's true, I remember sitting in the dark in the next room and listening to my parents' friend tell them that the government controls the weather, Katrina was caused by the government, and that pretty soon they're going to be using satellites to track christians and zap them with lightning. :lmao: If only. My parents just sat there agreeing with everything he said. I have no idea how they manage to maintain their persecution complex, the government (positions of authority, at least) is made up mostly of at least nominal Christians, yet they persist in the belief that there's a vast government conspiracy against Christianity.

What I really cannot figure out is WHERE all the xian demonology bullshit came from. I mean, it must just be a huge hodge-podge of stuff from a ton of different religions because there is very, VERY little of it actually mentioned in the bible. A demon here and demon there, three or four exorcisms, and ONLY ONE actual method of exorcism mentioned at all.

However, there are probably a thousand xian books out there that deal with the subject. Where the fuck are they digging this shit up?

You might have to ask some of the pagans on this board about demonology and ancient paganism. I imagine that there was a lot of local mysticism involved in the formation of early Christianity.

I don't think I have to reiterate the fact that the typical Christian reading of the Christian Bible is very selective. For example, Fred Phelps will claim to believe the whole Bible - but since when does he preach about leaving the corners of fields un-plowed for the poor? He focuses on what he likes. How many of our politicians who are so happy to demonize gays and lesbians and stick copies of the "10 Commandments" everywhere have actually kept all 10 of those commandments? They focus on what they like.

Demonology serves a lot of psychological purposes. For the "warriors," it provides an outlet for the militant ideaology and subsequent hostility associated with their brand of Christianity. It gives a feeling of power and an outlet for emotions. For the "posessed," it provides absolution of personal responsibility - "the devil made me do it" - as well as an opportunity for catharsis and being the center of attention during an exorcism. Since so many fundamentalist Christians tend to focus on the particular fundamentals that they like, it makes sense that this is a popular subject.

]I guess I might gave to read this Pig book for a good laugh.

Ehhh, I've read it (well, about half of it anyway). You might get a giggle at first, but ultimately, you'll probably find that that book scares the living shit out of you. At some point during reading you'll come to the realization that this guy isn't joking - he's serious - and that in civilized countries in this day and age, there are thousands of people who really think like this.

And they vote.