Goodbye Jesus

Zeitgeist And The Mark Of The Beast Thing Again

KT45

I think I made a post about this very long ago. But then my fear subsided about the whole mark of the beast thing. When I speak about the mark of the beast I mean the idea in the book of Revelations where it talks about not being able to buy or sell.

"And he causes all, both great and small, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark" (Rev.13:16-1

...and the Bible tells us that he who receives the "mark" will go to Hell (Rev.14:9-11).

yes I was scared of this before but then I reached the conclusion that no one would do this and follow this idea, especially in a so called "christian nation".

But then I recently saw this video called Zeitgeist. I was interested in it because the first Part (The greatest Story ever told) basically demolishes christianity. It starts showing the pagan origins, the obvious forgeries etc. And this vid did it better than any other video I've seen thus far.

The second part started going into 9-11 theories. I admit that I used to believe in that stuff but now I think it was stupid for me to think any of it was true. So I skipped this part of the video.

But it was the last part that scared me. Remember the people who made this video aren't christians. This is because they go out of their way to debunk it. But at the last part (Part III: The man behind the curtain) they start talking about a lot of stuff that seems very similar to the mark of the beast stuff in revelations. The whole chip in the hand that won't let you buy or sell. They show how this technology is already in passports. This stuff started to worry me. The last video also talked about other important stuff like an act Pres. Bush signed called the "North American Union Act" which is supposed to destroy the borders or something but the whole chip in hand thing kinda got to me.

Why would other atheist start taking this seriously? Did the bible predict correctly? The whole thing has me questioning my current beliefs. I'll investigate it more but I'm still worried.

Part I: The Greatest Story Ever Told (Debunking Christianity

(videos 1 through 4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mERb1S2drpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTqNsU-QJ04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eVhnlN-8nA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDW0tCPH_C0

Part II: All the World's A Stage

(video 5 through 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrWHYGi2ZYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoc7B0d1oD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fsLubdC_0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ilrSwN_VY

Part III: The Man Behind the Curtian

(video 9 through 13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNVZiW94mtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mna6y6rwrs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI_y-plh274

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IujNADG3XnA <------------North American Union

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9MjLi6RsjY <----------------------Chip in Hand thing

For full video look at the google video here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=928518742089256264

All right I'm done ranting. Maybe.....No I'll probably be back cause I'm still a little scared about this thing.

Okay I'm just researching what these people are saying about this whole chip stuff. Please tell me this isn't real.

http://www.verichipcorp.com/

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/06/13/r...elry/index.html

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/21/technology/rfid/

http://mychip.org/ (free mason web page)

Okay I am really sick and tired of this Big Brother BS. How can people just be going along with this? What can I do to stop this? I really sick of this whole relevlation stuff looking real. Damn why did I have to get indoctrinated with this bullshit!!!!

Okay I almost broke down this night. It is like 5 in the morning and I'm still up. I almost went back to christianity :banghead: . I really thought it out too. I was telling myself "Okay, I'll just not believe in the old testament and I'll say fuck off to Paul's stuff. I'll get the bible that Thomas Jefferson editted with the supernatural stuff taken out but still accept Jesus as my savior since all this Mark of the beast Stuff looks true. That way I can still be logical and accept evolution and not believe in Noah's flood and the whole adam story" But then I thought to myself that I really couldn't do that. The whole bible thing still seems irrational. I'm still thinking about it but I recognize now that this is more of a political problem than a spiritual thing. The government was trying to control us. Well as I was studying I started looking at the comments on those youtube pages and they said Vote Ron Paul 2008. I looked into it and I think I'm a libertarian now. I think we should protect liberty and not let the government control using these dumb chips.

I emailed my parent a few minutes ago stating that I almost went back to christianity. I'm not sure why I did it. I just wanted to rant. I've been kinda emotional so it helped to write it out. Maybe it was a bad idea. Anyway here is the email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Almost Reconverted to Christianity......

Okay, I'm looking at my clock and it is about 4:36 am. I know that it is stupid to be up but I have something to say. I'm going to be honest with ya'll. I was seriously thinking about reconverting last night. Don't smile because I'm not. There are just too many things in the bible that I consider to be completely and utterly unsupported and I don't agree with. But what scared me was all that crap about the Mark of the Beast stuff. I was watching a video series that basically demolished christianity. It was a 2 hr long movie divided into three parts. The first part (the part that ripped apart christianity) was the part that got me excited to watch the rest. The next part was about 9-11 conspiracies. I didn't pay attention to that part because I don't believe in it. But the last part scared me. The atheist were basically warning about the whole chip implant thing. They were saying that it promotes big brother and that all your info will just be monitored by the government. Of course the first thing that came to mind was the whole stuff ya'll indoctrinated me with. So I got worried. I started researching this more and found that the freemasons are in on it and that the hospitals are now utilizing it. Soon the government will use RFID technology (the same one that goes into the hand) and place it into drivers licences starting 2008.

You can see how this worried me. But then I began to think. Why would atheist be against it? I continued researching and saw a vid with Bill O'Reily endorsing it. Why would this fundamentalist christian (O'Reily) support this? Whatever the case I don't care. This is no longer about religion. It's about politics. The government is trying to control our lives. They are trying to take our freedom away from us. I believe dad you told me before that I would worship the beast if they pointed a gun at my head. Fuck that! I will die for my freedoms! Just like my american brothers and sisters who did so that I can have them. I won't have my freedoms limited. There should be less government so that we can keep our freedom. I can now see why atheist are against this. Government, like religion, tries to control our minds, how we think, and utilizes fear to make people submit to it. Currently the government is using terrorism as a means to support the whole RFID crap and the Patriot Act just like religion uses threats of hell to get people to submit and then make their children submit.

I guess you might be wondering why I might do this. Why I'm writing this to you. Well I know that you believe in this whole 666 crap. So listen. If you don't want this to happen at all, you need to become libertarians. You need to start saying that their should be LESS government. The government shouldn't control us. One of the people that are heading towards that is Ron Paul. He is running for Pres 08'. VOTE FOR HIM!!!! (Unless you support the anti-christ LOL)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think I went overboard at some parts but I was very emotional at the time. I'm still kinda scared about this stuff and going back to christianity is very much on the table. I'll come back later. Peace

Taylork,

I hope you're getting some sleep by now.

My suggestion would be to take a deep breath, reset panic mode, take a step back, and calmly re-examine RFID chips and the mark of the beast.

I don't like the idea of RFID implants any more than you do or any more than evangelicals/fundies, and I have a strong libertarian bent myself, and like you, I'll attempt to oppose them through the ballot box, but as for them being the same literal mark of the beast prophesied in Revelation, consider:

The prophecy really goes out of it's way to be specific the placement on the forehead or right hand. There certainly hasn't been any push by any figure resembling the anti-christ for people to get RFIDs on their right hand or their forehead. Nor is there much danger of that, the backlash would be phenomenal. RFIDs do threaten to become a part of everyday life, but not via the exact mechanism advertised in Revelations.

But what if people did start popping up with RFIDs on their right hands and foreheads? The mark of the beast has been ingrained on western civilization for 2000 years. People have a tendency to make things they believe will happen actually happen. It's called a self fulfilling prophecy. We have a president of the United States who believes in Armegeddon (I guess). So he stirs up instability in the Middle East. Yes, that's an oversimplification, but you get my idea.

Prophecies have a way of being subject to interpretation. And IMO, Revelations, followed by Daniel is the most cryptic book in the bible. Notice the technique used elsewhere? Nostradamus? So many people take things that sort of fit from Nostradamus and turn them into prophecy fulfillments. It's done in the bible, too. Why do xians say that jesus was the prophesied messiah and jews say that he wasn't?

Granted, mention of the mark of the beast is less cryptic than much of the other surreal stuff in Revelations. But even there. You noticed how 666 is juxtaposed with mention of the mark of the beast? Most xians associate it, but it doesn't really connect the two exactly--it leaves it up to folks imagination. They can say one day that everyone will have a "666" tattoo on their forehead, and then a few years later, that they'll be sporting RFIDs. This is indeed what happened. I remember scare movies about the beast from back when RFIDs was the stuff of science fiction. It was envisioned differently then.

Finally, consider the bible's track record. Much of it is pure nonsense, and apologists have to make a reach to claim all those prophecies they say are fulfilled. Why would this small piece serve as proof for an entire belief system based on a document that is so thoroughly flawed?

It is not my way to try to tell anyone what to believe, so I apologize if I came off that way. It is just that in this case, I recognized the fear tactics in work that have been so drilled into all of us, and my feelings, at least, is that we've been abused enough by being bombarded with fear tactics, I'm angry that they were used to manipulate us and so many other people, and I hate to see them try to reassert themselves like this. That's why I come off the way that I do in this post.

Hope the morning light brings a calmer state of mind to sort through all this stuff.

One thing to remember about Government conspiracies... governments are inept.

From the time of Adam Weishapt to date, they're crap.

I can’t believe that I emailed that last night. I almost overslept and missed work because of it as well. I’ll get back to ya’ll after work. I can’t talk much here cause I’m surrounded by fundies. Damn I hate living in the bible belt

Okay I'm just researching what these people are saying about this whole chip stuff. Please tell me this isn't real.

http://mychip.org/ (free mason web page)

Okay I am really sick and tired of this Big Brother BS. How can people just be going along with this? What can I do to stop this? I really sick of this whole relevlation stuff looking real. Damn why did I have to get indoctrinated with this bullshit!!!!

Hi Taylor, I hope you've gotten some rest. I think you are misunderstanding something's about the Masons. My husband is a Mason and so are many friends, the ridiculous claims that they are some evil cult gets tiring. These men volunteer time and money to their communities. The Mason Chip program is not a 'chip' first of all second of all... every ounce of everything is given to the parents.

CHIP stands for Child Identification Program, and is done for reasons such as abduction and so forth. There are no chips implanted anywhere. They compile video tapes, imprints of teeth and DNA all of which is turned over to the parents on the spot. there is no processing of anything and nothing is given to the government. It is on a volunteer basis only and no one is required to do this. To have this done independently is extremely costly, the Masons are doing it to assist those who can't afford to have it done who want it done.

The hysteria that the endtimers attach to the masons is ludicrous. These are the same people who believe the United Nations are going to take over America and own most of our land. Many of these people also believe GW Bush to be of a lizard species. Many (almost all that I know) Masons are Christians themselves. In fact to be a mason one must believe in some sort of higer power, it is about the only requirement.

The hysterical end timers detest anything done for good, they need to twist anything and everything as some evil conspircy, satan led conquest. Please refrain from falling into their boogyman antics.

Child Identification

Important note: Some anti-Masons have eschewed these child identification programs with dark allusions about 'Big Brother' and microchip implanting fantasies. They hint about sinister motivations involving this extraordinary program and that the Freemasons are part of some over-arching conspiracy to identify children....

In fact, NOT A SINGLE PIECE of information collected about the children is kept by the Masons. Not a name, not a tooth imprint, NOTHING!!! All materials - video tapes, etc. - are given to the parent (or grandparent) who brings the child to the event. Freemasonry sees a way to help in the continuing battle against child abduction and is taking a leading role - but a handful of detractors continue to hint that there is some ulterior motive involved.

We invite them to provide PROOF of their ludicrous and insulting claims!

Irony is that the Mason conspiracy ideas started with the RCC and now the Mason conspiracy theories have them in bed withthe RCC... :rolleyes: I can understand your frustration

does anyone else remember when Barcode UICs were 'the mark of the beast'?

Taylor, years ago when I was still a christian I had a buddy who had parsed the Book of Mormon, and if you read the scriptures from that book in the order that he had mapped out, you came away with an open and shut case for the idea that the Mormon church was built on a lie of Satan and that the book actually pointed its readers toward the one truth that is christianity.

The point of this is, you can take nearly any book or any group of facts and peice together a message if you run down the rabbit trail with the person who is trying to establish his or her case.

I didn't watch your videos, but I'm pretty confident that the bible didn't predict anything that these guys are trying to say that it did. They took a bunch of first, or slightly later, century writings, a few carefully selected modern day facts, appealed to fears that are inbred in those who were raised in the modern day American christian meme, and came up with an emotionally convincing argument based on nothing but conjecture.

I don't like RFIDs anymore than the next guy. I feel they have the potential to further erode already dangerously eroding privacies. But no way in hell are these things predicted in the bible 2000 years ago.

I agree with the others, it sounds like you just need to get some rest and distance yourself from this for a moment. Stand back and take a look at your reaction to this after a day or two and see if you think you were being rational or if your strings were being pulled by those who understand how to get a reaction out of those of us who were indoctrinated with these ideas from our youths. Frankly they ought to be ashamed of themselves, but somehow I doubt they have much of a conscience.

Yes GH!! The Lasers that read the barcodes were just as evil. I remember as a child our church trying to convince all it's members to only shop at stores that didn't have the evil scanners and barcodes. I had forgotten all about that!! :lmao:

And don't forget Proctor and Gamble. Demon stars those.

And don't forget Proctor and Gamble. Demon stars those.

:HaHa:

geuu_03_img0618.jpg

I understand your fear, Taylor. I remember the Proctor and Gamble thing, the bar code stuff, etc. I was in a different culture from most of you so I probably got a slightly different angle of it. For example, we thought the churches you people were going to were the world itself. And if "the world" believed these things then surely there must be some truth to it.

Only God would be strong enough to penetrate the conscience of such worldly people. Such was the drift of our reasoning. Now I see how wrong that kind of reasoning is. All of you are just people and what's more, the churches you were raised in or converted to are just as much Christian as are the horse and buggy churches. Nothing miraculous about it at all.

Back in the late 1970s, early 1980s, one of my siblings found a poem that was supposedly written by a nun hundreds of years ago. It used believable language to describe submarines, TV, airplanes. Man through the air shall fly like a bird....that kind of language. It closed with:

"And the end of the world shall come

In nineteen hundred and ninety-one."*

Given that all the other things came true exactly as "predicted" all those hundreds of years ago by a woman of God, there was NOTHING to indicate that the prophecy about the end of the world in 1991 might be off-target. It was pretty scarey.

Then in 1990 things escalated so that in the early months of 1991 the Gulf War was being fought. It was the first Western War I knew about since the Vietnam War. Major technological advances had been made. The fear was major that the atomic bomb to blow up the planet would be unleashed. It all made so much sense. It was 1991. The world would end according to that nun's prophecy.

Dec. 31 1991 came and went. So did January 1, 1992. More New Years came and went. Today we are well into the 21st century--an unthinkable accomplishment back in late 1990. Surviving 1991 was what took away my fear. I wasn't sure how, but somehow or other, these prophecies don't come true. That was my conviction. But I still wondered about that "prophetic" poem.

Since being with exC, I have learned so much about the "worldly" churches. In my academic studies I learned about different types/trends of theology. I now understand that the "worldly" churches were part of a different kind of theology than we were, but that did not make their theology any more or less true. That God could "penetrate" the consciences of these "worldly" people was no more miraculous than that we bought into the fear tactics.

Here's the Big Thing I learned. These "worldly" churches will lie if that is what it takes to "get people into the kingdom." I was really shook up by a story someone here told. When she was a child of about 10 or 12, her pastor told her how to make supernatural claims about things that happened to her even though these things never happened. She was supposed to do this to convert her nonChristian friend. It worked.

The fact that pastors will lie about such sacred matters was a huge eye-opener to me. Hard telling how many other lies were promoted "for the kingdom." That poem was probably written about 1977 (just an arbitrary date). I don't remember any reference to computers or the internet. In the late 1970s the average person probably did not know enough about computers and the soon-to-be-common internet. It would seem that a nun from long ago who could correctly predict TV could also predict the internet.

A book you might find helpful is The Rapture Exposed: The Message of Hope in The Book of Revelation by Barbara Rossing, Basic Books, 2004. Here's a bit from the back cover:

The idea of "The Rapture"--the return of Christ at the end of times to rescue and deliver born-again Christians off the earth--is an extremely popular interpretation of the book of Revalation in the Bible and a jumping-off point for the best-selling Left Behind series of books. This interpretation guides the daily acts of millions of people worldwide.

In The Rapture Exposed, Barbara Rossing argues that this script for the world's future is nothing more than a disingenuous distortion of the Bible, based on a psychology of fear. The truth is that Revelation offers a vision of God's healing love for the world. The Rapture Exposed reclaims Christianity from fundamentalists' destructive readings of the biblical story and back into God's beloved community. END OF QUOTE

Here's a brief bio on Rossing:

Barbara R. Rossing teaches New Testament at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago. She holds a doctorate from Harvard University Divinity School and a Master of Divinity degree from Yale University Divinity School. An ordained minister in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, she lives in Chicago, Illinois. END OF QUOTE

So she would be of the same kind of Lutheranism as the school where I am studying. One of my profs recommended the book. These people don't believe in hell, and they question the reality of an afterlife. This is not the brand of Christianity most of us come from--that's for sure.

I suggest that even if we (here at exC) don't accept any of the Bible, Rossing's book might relieve some of these deeply in-grained fears. It does this by providing a healthier, alternative, view of end times. Then if the end times don't come, at least we were free from fear to enjoy the one life we have right now. In other words, just knowing that the fundamentalist view of Revelation is not the only legitimate view may help those of us who were cruelly indoctrinated and brain-washed.

Furthermore, it is my conviction that if we live happy, full, well-balanced lives, God (if such exists) will let us into heaven regardless of our belief or unbelief. After all, any half-decent parent would do that. An almighty, all-loving God cannot do less. Fundies don't like that idea but they don't have a monopoly on morals and their ideas don't change God or reality.

*See entire poem at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Shipton.

All right it is lunch break so I ran home real quick. First I'd like to thank RubySera, Japedo, Vigile, Harley and ShackledNoMore. Your responses have helped me a lot. I'm still really tired and exhausted. I'm also very embarassed. I hate slipping back into irrationality. I even emailed my parents again and I think I was even worse. Well really quick I want you to see my dad's response to my first email.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAD'S RESPONSE

Subject: Almost Reconverted to Christianity......

Almost is not too bad,

Anyway, the current RFID and even credit cards are just setting the stage of what is prophesied in the Bible. If the Bible is true, there is coming a time when the Mark of the Beast will be used to force people to worship the government established religion. Currently, Islam is the Gaza Strip is forcing Christians Arabs to submit to Islam or die. The terrorist wants to recreate how the Islamist movement originally began which is by using force. Currently, Christianity out number Muslim by 2 to 1 and then there are other religions that Islam will have to contend with. If the Bible is true that believers will be taken out before the Great Tribulation, Islam will become the dominant religion. They will have control over the majority of the world government and they can enforce their control using RFID. Currently, using RFID does not mean worshiping anything. However, it could be a good tool in locating lost children, old people, animals, etc… The police have been successful locating kidnapped victims or help narrow down victim last locations. With credit cards, the government can track your movement or track stolen credit cards. Many governments are increasing their use of video cameras in order to catch criminals in the act. In London, there are almost five cameras for every person. These tools are useful helping society maintain order which is not a bad thing. I would not look at this currently as means to control people thinking. The information age or freedom of speech are something the government cannot control unless we stop being a democratic government; however, Islam or some members of Islam wants to remove democracy establish a government controlled by one religion. Only the future will tell.

For you, I just want you to be ready. If the Bible becomes a reality, you will know what to do. If it don’t, no problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I was still very sleepy when I responded back to him. I didn't like what he had to say and I had conspiracy theories swirling through my head. Well here is my response back to him

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TaylorK's Response

Dad- "Anyway, the current RFID and even credit cards are just setting the stage of what is prophesied in the Bible."

My question to you father. Do you want this to happen? Or do you want to stop it? Does it excite you that biblical prophecies are coming true, or anger you that the government is trying to make you lose many of your freedoms, your security, your privacy. I'm asking are you making this a self full filling prophecy? Will you allow your country to lose it basic right so that it can be CONTROLLED just so you bible can be true? I see a lot of christians like Benny Henn (or whatever that guys name is) that continue to preach about this whole mark of the beast thing (from what I've seen the theories keep changing to fit the times.)) but they do nothing to stop it. In fact it seems like they rejoice that it is happen. They are overjoyed at the thought of a government coming up where people lose there basic freedoms and rights. They are overjoyed with the thought soon the government will have complete control. They do nothing!! I've noticed this with most christians. I'm wouldn't be surprised if christians actually go out of their way to vote for nut jobs like Bush so they can try to "rush" the rapture by making SELF FULFILLING prophecies. I see myself trusting christians less and less......

Dad - "These tools are useful helping society maintain order which is not a bad thing. I would not look at this currently as means to control people thinking."

But you know that this techonology could be used to do this. All of your information on one piece of technology. The ability for a government to track you down where ever you are. The ability for the government to actually turn off your resources in a snap if they wanted too. It seems like you like this idea of "keeping order" and you like this idea of having the government having "more control". Do you like the whole "big brother" idea? Our founding fathers didn't want our government to control us. You worry about 'maintaining order'. Look at this quote

“I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

here is another good quote from Reagan

“We who live in free market societies believe that growth, prosperity and ultimately human fulfillment, are created from the bottom up, not the government down. Only when the human spirit is allowed to invent and create, only when individuals are given a personal stake in deciding economic policies and benefiting from their success -- only then can societies remain economically alive, dynamic, progressive, and free. Trust the people. This is the one irrefutable lesson of the entire postwar period contradicting the notion that rigid government controls are essential to economic development.” ~ Ronald Reagan

We should be in favor of more freedoms and not limiting them or giving ourselves and our rights and privacies to the government. We have to fight this! Please vote for Ron Paul. He is a Republican but wants LESS control with the government!!! Take action

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really embarrassed I sent this to him. I feel like some 9-11 conspiracy nut. But should I be worried in the first place? I still wonder. I'll start doing more studying.

Well one thing I learned from this is to not look at conspiracy theories late at night when your tired especially if the theories come from a cult you left just a year ago.......

This video was the one that really scared the SHIT OUT OF ME

I need to pick up that book Ruby mentioned before I go insane!!!! :wacko_old:

Taylork, you do need to pick up that book - and keep reminding yourself that many people are very skilled with wordcraft and can sell you shit wrapped in the prettiest paper imaginable.

It's good old fashioned bullshit-artistry, all this tripe about prophecy and such. None of them can explain the illogical and impossible nature of their god nor jsutify their cult one bit. All the problems that exist with Xianity are still there, no matter how convincing their "prophecies" sound.

Yes GH!! The Lasers that read the barcodes were just as evil. I remember as a child our church trying to convince all it's members to only shop at stores that didn't have the evil scanners and barcodes. I had forgotten all about that!! :lmao:

Don't forget that there was the UL that the long line (that us used to resync the laser) is actually a 6... so every bar code has 6-6-6 embedded in it?

UPC_EANUCC-12_barcode.png

Obviously this is isn't the case...

Don't forget that there was the UL that the long line (that us used to resync the laser) is actually a 6... so every bar code has 6-6-6 embedded in it?

UPC_EANUCC-12_barcode.png

Obviously this is isn't the case...

It's not quite that simple.

Trying to be the good skeptic, I checked some barcodes on some food packages I had at home.

I noticed that in some cases, the sixes were represented as shown in the diagram, while in others they appeared to be those two thin vertical bars.

I did a bit of googling and ended up with the Wikipedia article, which shows the same illustration.

As it turns out, there are "L" digits and "R" digits to represent each numeral. Each digit is represented by a seven bit code which are printed as vertical black and white lines. The L digits and R digits are one's compliments of each other, and the reason this type of encoding is used is so that the UPC can be correctly scanned either forward or backward. The L code for 6 is 0101111 and the R code is 1010000. The R code (but not the L code) resembles the guard bars, which are encoded in FIVE bits (not seven) as 01010, which are longer, and which serve a completely different purpose from the bars that represent numbers.

Now we have a basis whereby some moron fundy could have come up with the barcode/666 number of the beast nonsense, and a pretty lame basis it is.

My mom used to freak out about this, she would receive notices from this one priest (still catholic but sort of a side group). It talked about scientists already creating the chips (back when I was pretty young) and all I can remember was her repeating to us never to get one, not even in a card. So she was really upset when she saw the chip in my Penn State ID Card...it's such a useful thing.

I don't like the idea of something going into my body that would allow people to track me though. I'm not a very trusting person.

Look on the bright side RFIDs can be cloned, wiped or reprogrammed with $500 of kit from Radio Shack and a PC...

For the interested, I'm still waiting for my MP to get back to me (since 2004) of how universal mandatory biometric cards would protect me from 4 lads born in Leeds who weren't afraid to die for their God.

Yes! I wasn't a xian then, but I remember in the window of a xian book store they had this bar code with 666 at the end of it, and it read "Don't accept the Beast" or something like that. I remember thinking "huh??" at the time. Because I had some knowledge of the mark and new it would be placed on people.

On can have a tatt of a barcode...

Okay....my mother just invited me to go see Benny Hinn for her birthday. Fucking Benny Hinn. That white wearing, cult leader Benny Hinn. I really wish I didn't send out that email. I'm getting REALLY irritated right now. I'm on the verge of moving from atheist to antitheist. She is obviously trying to convert me. Maybe if I do go to the Benny Hinn cult thing maybe I get a free pass to try and deconvert my family :fdevil:

Huh!

I have read and played too much science fiction and too many roll playing games to take such things serious. They are a nice "if then" setting with somewhat frightening perspectivs but if you think them through they have so many flaws inside or can only happen on such a small if or so many ifs...

And then I remember that we do build our future and if we don't want it to come we can stop it. We only have to do it.

(Still have to see most of the "Zeitgeist" videos, would keep someone from sleeping if I put on the sound...)