Goodbye Jesus

Plea For Intelligent Atheists

Guest Christianity?

Is it that they know they can't back up their beliefs with rational thought? Or is it that they are not really as lovingly concerned about our spiritual well-being as they make out?

Neither. They "know" that they only need to say the magic spell (i. e. preach the bullshit gospel) and we will (re-)convert in droves. After all, da wholly babble sez it, so it's true.

Never mind that, even assuming that da babble is more than just a collection of fairy tales, the situation back then (when christiaNutty was new and unheard of) was just a tiny wee little bit different from today (everyone knows about that religion, and those who don't join have a reason for it)... aaaah, the appeal of dogma. Never ever have to think again, all you need is the dusty old book.

:banghead:

I am currently a Christian although for the last few years I have bordered on agnosticism. I will happily leave my faith if I am presented with one or more solid reasons why I should. Logically, morally,scientifically, rationally or otherwise.

Read your Bible, and then read modern day scientific findings in biology, genetics, archeology, and other things you can do just a brief study of, as even a brief study will show you just how many lies the Bible is filled with.

There is plenty of evidence to show the earth is much older than 6,000 years old.

There is much evidence to show that things do indeed evolve.

Modern day understandings in genetics have shown being gay and transexual starts at the genetic level, not from a sinful nature.

You will discover just how little you actually know. This is my personal favorite thing since leaving Christianity. I realised just how wrong the Bible is, and I realised just how little I knew about the world. It has been exciting to learn as much as a can about anything I can.

You will also notice, if you take a study in comparative religion, almost all religions share a story or two, or 10, or how many ever. Christianity especially is bad about borrowing stories, such as Noah and the Ark, A savior being wrongfully put to death and resurecting, parables, and many more stories. According to one Hawiaan tradition, the flood was caused when one of the Goddesses, who sleeps at the bottom of the ocean, shifted positions.

And the greates feeling of all, you will feel liberated after you get through deprogramming yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
Read your Bible, and then read modern day scientific findings in biology, genetics, archeology, and other things you can do just a brief study of, as even a brief study will show you just how many lies the Bible is filled with.

There is plenty of evidence to show the earth is much older than 6,000 years old.

There is much evidence to show that things do indeed evolve.

Modern day understandings in genetics have shown being gay and transexual starts at the genetic level, not from a sinful nature.

You will discover just how little you actually know. This is my personal favorite thing since leaving Christianity. I realised just how wrong the Bible is, and I realised just how little I knew about the world. It has been exciting to learn as much as a can about anything I can.

You will also notice, if you take a study in comparative religion, almost all religions share a story or two, or 10, or how many ever. Christianity especially is bad about borrowing stories, such as Noah and the Ark, A savior being wrongfully put to death and resurecting, parables, and many more stories. According to one Hawiaan tradition, the flood was caused when one of the Goddesses, who sleeps at the bottom of the ocean, shifted positions.

And the greates feeling of all, you will feel liberated after you get through deprogramming yourself.

Hmmm.....you have to do a lot of research on subjects as mentioned as above,and maybe on physics,chemistry,history,philosophy,astrology,astronomy,anthropology,psychology

(especially about consciousness)....the list goes on and you need to open your mind and have a thirst on knowledge.

try to listen to science,skeptical podcasts.you'll find much to learn

Bats aren't birds, rabbits don't chew the cud... nuff said...

Looks like it was a dump and runner or his god wiped him out...

I think you all just scared him/her away.

Good job *grumbles to self* stupid insensitive atheists. Just kidding ^_^

I am currently a Christian although for the last few years I have bordered on agnosticism. I will happily leave my faith if I am presented with one or more solid reasons why I should. Logically, morally,scientifically, rationally or otherwise.

Believe what you want, I really don't care. Pick almost any thread and you will find all the evidence you need. The Bible is just a collection of myths and fables written by men and Jesus never existed.

You want to know why not to believe. The answer is simple enough, there is no real reason to believe in the first place. If I make up a religion and say that I am God incarnate you would completely shrug it off as being crazy right? But what if people actually started to believe in me (not just one or two but a more significant number) and then asked you to present reasons as to why their belief in me is incorrect? That also sound a bit crazy right? Here they are telling you that I am God and then expecting you to come up with a reason as to why I am not, it's the same thing that you are doing with Christianity. You don't have to leave your faith if you don't want to, sometimes it's more beneficial and just easier to believe.

*I wasn't going to but I posted this just in case 'Christianity?' is still looking around...

I recently got something a little bit of near..gnostics..and they are sites still here.....maybe you should check it out...

I was smart enough not to want to pay Mensa the membership fee having proved I could pass their test :) Does that count?

I seriously doubt that you will leave your "faith" but I'll go ahead and give you good-enough reason to do so. First, the Christian body to which you belong is a fraudulent invention by whoever thought to kidnap Jesus and hyjack Judaism. The way it stands today is based on a lie.

The tribal god of Israel is not a universal god. This is stated many times in your bible.

Jesus was not sent to any other people than those in the house of Israel. I'm sure you've read this time and again but by-passed it due to your Christian teachers who have thought it inconsequential.

Jesus cannot possibly be Lord to any Gentiles [non Jews] due to his laws which prohibit uncircumcised and law less people. Gentiles must convert to Judaism which is the way, truth and life of Jesus the Jew. "Salvation is of the Jews". To have life with Jesus you must convert and follow him in his Judaism. Or did you think that Jesus taught another religion such as Gentilism - which was idol worship?

You might want to study why Jesus was not sent to Rome or any other people. You might want to ask why Jesus was a biased, prejudiced, bigoted and hateful Jew. You might want to read the bible story in the context of to whom it was written to and for, namely the Jews. And you might want to consider that the story is about Jews against Jews in their sects and so Jesus is seen as dividing and conquering Jews. Then ask what this all has to do with non Jewish people then or now?

If that isn't enough, then you might ask yourself why "God" hated Esau and loved Jacob. God hated Esau forever. (OT) ... Note that the name Esau identifies the people called Edomites and of which God said that he would lay their land waste, wasted. Note that Jesus was not sent to Edomites - probably called Idumeans in his day.

Want more? What else would you possibly need?

I knew he or she wouldn't return. Just a Christian who wanted to bait the atheists/ex-C's...However, they realize that none of us are as stupid and gullible as they are so they just play it safe and tuck tail.