Goodbye Jesus

Circumcision Is Immoral

Ahh!

This link really gets into why and dispels common myths about the "positive" effects of the surgery.

http://www.mothersagainstcirc.org/

I truly am disgusted by this practice and I wish more people would question it. My penis is often irritated in the area that was circumcized and it can be extremely uncomfortable. Don't circumcize your children.

Here is excerpt telling you what you lose when you are circumcized:

When a baby boy's normal intact penis is circumcised, this is what is lost -- forever:

*1. The foreskin, which comprises up to 50% (sometimes more) of the mobile skin system of the penis. If unfolded and spread out flat, the average adult foreskin would measure about 15 square inches (the size of a 3 x 5-inch index card). This highly specialized tissue normally covers the glans and protects it from abrasion, drying, callusing (keratinization), and contaminants of all kinds. The effect of glans keratinization on human sexuality has never been studied.

*2. The frenar band of soft ridges -- the primary erogenous zone of the male body. Loss of this delicate belt of densely innervated, sexually responsive tissue reduces the fullness and intensity of sexual response.

*3. The foreskin's "gliding action"-- the hallmark mechanical feature of the normal, natural, intact penis. This non-abrasive gliding of the penis in and out of itself within the vagina facilitates smooth, comfortable, pleasurable intercourse for both partners. Without this gliding action, the corona of the circumcised penis can function as a one-way valve, scraping vaginal lubricants out into the drying air and making artificial lubricants essential for pleasurable intercourse.

*4. Thousands of coiled fine-touch mechanoreceptors called Meissner's corpuscles, the most important sensory component of the foreskin, encapsulated Vater-Pacinian cells, Merkel's cells, nociceptors, and branches of the dorsal nerve and perineal nerve. Altogether, between 10,000 and 20,000 specialized erotogenic nerve endings of several types, which can feel slight motion and stretch, subtle changes in temperature, and fine gradations in texture are lost.

*5. The frenulum, the highly erogenous V-shaped web-like tethering structure on the underside of the glans; frequently amputated along with the foreskin, or severed, either of which destroys its function and potential for pleasure.

6. Approximately half of the temperature-sensitive smooth muscle sheath called the dartos fascia.

7. The immunological defense system of the soft mucosa. This produces both plasma cells that secrete immunoglobulin antibodies and antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as the pathogen-killing enzyme lysozyme.

8. Lymphatic vessels, the loss of which reduces the lymph flow within that part of the body's immune system.

9. Estrogen receptors - the purpose of which is not yet fully understood and needs further study.

*10. The apocrine glands of the inner foreskin, which produce pheromones - nature's powerful, silent, invisible behavioral signals to potential sexual partners. The effect of their absence on human sexuality has never been studied.

*11. Sebaceous glands, which lubricate and moisturize the foreskin and glans, normally a protected internal organ - like the tongue or vagina.

12. Specialized epithelial Langerhans cells, a first line component of the body's immune system in a whole penis.

13. The pink to red to dark purple natural coloration of the glans. The connective tissue which protectively fuses the foreskin and glans together while the penis develops is ripped apart during circumcision, wounding the glans and the foreskin remnant, leaving them raw and subject to infection, scarring, pitting, shrinkage, and eventual discoloration.

*14. Some of the penis length and penis circumference because its double-layered wrapping of loose and usually overhanging foreskin is now missing, making the circumcised penis truncated and thinner than a full-sized intact penis.

*15. Several feet of blood vessels, including the frenular artery and branches of the dorsal artery. The loss of this rich vascularity interrupts normal blood flow to the shaft and glans of the penis, damaging the natural function of the penis and altering its development.

16. Every year boys lose their entire penises from circumcision accidents and infections. They are then "sexually reassigned" by castration and "transgender surgery," and expected to live their lives as "females."

17. Every year many boys lose their lives from the complications of circumcision, a fact the billion-dollar-a-year circumcision industry in the U.S. obscures and ignores.

18. By encoding violence on the brain the infant's bonding with its mother is disrupted, with indications that the innate sense of trust in intimate physical contact is inhibited or lost, and in its place a sense of betrayal is instilled in the infant.

(*19. Although never studied scientifically, contemporary evidence suggests that a penis without its foreskin lacks the capacity for the subtle neurological "cross-communication" that occurs only during contact between mucous membranes and which contributes to the experience of sexual pleasure. Amputating an infant boy's multi-functional foreskin is a "low-grade neurological castration" [immerman], which diminishes the intensity of the entire sexual experience for both the circumcised male and his partner.)

*Loss of each of these items reduces sexual pleasure, gratification, and fulfillment.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I've long thought that cutting off the foreskin from baby boys' penises, without anesthesia, and denying them part of their measure of sexuality (some of the points you presented address this), is a barbaric practice. The baby is certainly not informed of the ramifications nor does he have any choice in the matter. (Female circumcision is even more barbaric, incredibly so, but fortunately it is much less widespread.)

I can't believe that circumcision is so widespread and so well accepted (at least here in the US), but it seems to fit with the sexual repression of Americans, and the way it is fostered through xianity here.

The American Academy of Pediatrics, and (I think) also the pediatric urologists, have stated that there is no valid medical indication for routine circumcision. The trend is that routine circumcision is gradually falling away as a matter of standard practice, and fewer infant males are being circ'd in the U.S. each year.

It was at one time thought that circumcision reduced infections, reduced the tendancy to masturbate, and improved hygeine. None of those turned out to be true according to studies.

What I find interesting is that Christians will insist that homosexuality and other various sexual relations are against nature but they find nothing unnatural about circumcision.

I would personally like to see hospitals end this practice, but you know all the religious cookoos would go apeshit because someone is denying them the right to make God happy by hacking away at their infant's penis. I saw a circumcision during my OB rotation for nursing school, and it's heartbreaking.

I am not saying it is right or agreeing with anyone but I want to put my two cents on it. I know two people who had sex and when they did it their foreskin ripped off and bad things happend and they had to get stitches down there.

I am circumcized but I would like to point out I wouldn't have to worry about it being ripped off during sex and have to go the ER because of what happend. Just my two cents but these things are known to happen.

I don't believe my parents had a choice as to whether I got circumcised or not. It was standard hospital proceedure 30+ years ago.

My son's mother is Jewish, so I did not even consider it a choice when the time came for him. It was awful to watch. I even held his arm during it. I don't wish that on any parent, seeing your child strapped down like that, and the tools are very "ewww" don't want to even think about them, even 5 years later. I know his half-brother, recently born, has just had it done. I wonder how my son's step-dad felt about the experience?

When I have another child, and if it is a boy, I think I'll be opting for him to get to keep all his natural body parts, until such time as medically necessary to remove (like my tonsils were).

I am not saying it is right or agreeing with anyone but I want to put my two cents on it. I know two people who had sex and when they did it their foreskin ripped off and bad things happend and they had to get stitches down there.

I am circumcized but I would like to point out I wouldn't have to worry about it being ripped off during sex and have to go the ER because of what happend. Just my two cents but these things are known to happen.

Ugh! That part of the body is more trouble than it's worth! Well, not really but you know what I mean...

I am circumcised, although I wish I weren't, as they say it feels better for a man if he still has his foreskin. ^_^ I won't circumcise my children. One thing must be mentioned, though. Getting circumsized reduces a man's vulnerability to infection by the HIV virus and other sexually transmitted infections:

Circumcision can reduce the rate of HIV infections among heterosexual men by around 60%, a study suggests.

The South African study, reported in Public Library of Science Medicine, found it had a protective effect for some of the 3,280 young men involved. Circumcision is thought to help protect against HIV because cells under the foreskin are vulnerable to the virus.

Well you learn something new every day! I just did a search: it sounds like these two guys had a condition called frenulum breve. It effects about five percent of uncircumcised men and can cause painful erections, painful intercourse, and sometimes VERY painful rips and tears caused by too short a frenulum (a bit of skin that serves as connective tissue). Circumcision, of course will prevent this condition, but there is a minor surgical procedure called a frenuloplasty that can correct frenulum breve with much less trauma while leaving the foreskin intact.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/health/story/0,3605,659196,00.html

I've always thought it barbaric. I had an ex-boyfriend once that had his botched, and sex was a very painful and unpleasant affair for him if it wasn't "done right." If he moved wrong, it hurt. It was frustrating and sad, and it gave him a LOT of hang-ups about sex.

I am circumcised and I gotta tell you if the sensation I get from an orgasm was any more intense than what I receive circumcised, I would be simply unable to survive the pleasure uncircumcised as it already blows the top of my head off without a foreskin! But I would be willing to give it a shot if it was possible LOL!

It's an inhuman and unecessary practice. I know a guy who wasn't circumsized and all he says he has to do is just wash it. How hard is that to do?

It's a foul ceremony meant to placate a horrible god which does not exist. Period.

Actually, I prefer to be circumsized myself. Because I like the way my penis looks...there I said it. I think uncircumsized penises are not aestethically pleasing. Furthermore, how do we know for certain that circumsizion lowers sexual pleasure? I think there should be a scientific poll conducted on that study. Because, honestly, I love sex and that has never been an issue with me. Now, if a foreskin can heighten the pleasure that I already feel then I want to have one grown...or something.

Now, if a foreskin can heighten the pleasure that I already feel then I want to have one grown...or something.

Growing one might be possible. Take a look at this.

I'm glad I'm not circumcised. Such a cruel, gruesome, and barbaric practice needs to be outlawed. What's scary though, my sister has a masters of science diploma, and her medical liscense, and the fucked up college she went to teaches it's much more sanitary to mutilate your baby boy's genitals.

16. Every year boys lose their entire penises from circumcision accidents and infections. They are then "sexually reassigned" by castration and "transgender surgery," and expected to live their lives as "females."

This is a very tragic thing. This does happen, and usually, the victim of the forced sex change does not live a very happy life, and end up having living as a real transexual due to a male brain and genitals being formed, and then the male genitals are converted into female genitals. Not a very pleasant thing.